Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My mother doesn't know I've had my first period.
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Girls' Locker
Twist3d
I've had my period for over a year now.
I've not told my mom.
I feel way to uncomfortable around her..
and talking to her.
What should I do?
Tell her while on my period that I got it.
or Tell her I got it over a year ago?
Should I even tell her?

Help?
babecakes
leave a bunch of tampon wrappers around the house.
Twist3d
I'll pass on that. lol
Tomates
I would tell her. yeah of course its uncomfortable i was too. When i first started mine i was really scared to tell my mom but i was also scared because i didnt know how to handle it well and i told her and made me feel a lot better : D
Twist3d
Yea. but I'm not scared of having it. It's telling her. >.<
Joanne
May I ask why you're so afraid of telling your mom about this? It's not like it's anything out of the ordinary.
babecakes
leave your period stained panties around the house.
Tomates
QUOTE(Joannnnnne @ Nov 12 2008, 10:20 PM) *
May I ask why you're so afraid of telling your mom about this? It's not like it's anything out of the ordinary.

i do agree with joanne about that, its not that scary, its probably more embarassing but its better to have her know than to hide it from her. Sooner or later she will probably wonder why your not having your period if you dont tell her.
Twist3d
I'm scared because we're not close and It's uncomfortable to tell her. and it's been over a year since I got my first period. That's why.
hi-C
This is straight out of Carrie.
aaayotiffany
QUOTE(hi-C @ Nov 13 2008, 01:22 PM) *

LOL.

you should tell her though. i understand its uncomfortable, but she'll make you feel better. i wasn't close with my mom when i told her. she just explained to me what it was and blah blah blah. but its not scary.
Blyat
I would tell her
Face your fears, are you nervous to tell her cause you dont know her reaction?
i was nervous too, i told my mum though and she was calm, though it was easier because my sister started a month before me.

but you can be afraid, tell her you have and whatever her reaction is explain to her that you've had it over month

im surpised your able to keep this secre over a year from her
Tomates
QUOTE(Twist3d @ Nov 12 2008, 10:26 PM) *
I'm scared because we're not close and It's uncomfortable to tell her. and it's been over a year since I got my first period. That's why.

Just tell her. it will probably the one and only time you will ever have to discuss about it again.
Blyat
that is a really good point there
lkajsfklajskds
QUOTE(hi-C @ Nov 13 2008, 01:22 PM) *

That's exactly what I was thinking!

If your mom is like the one in Carrie...don't tell her.
LittleMissSunshine
i think the best way is to say, mom i need to start buying my feminine needs! like in a goofy way. cause thats what i did, i said "Mom, I need to start buying pads!" and i started laughing. cause i tried to brush it off so it wouldn't be a big deal. i think thats the best way. instead of saying i got my period in a serious tone. because it's just purely awkward! heh, hope it helps!
misoshiru
so why'd you create 2 topics for essentially the same thing?
s1cktypeS
i don't really know why ur hiding this from ur mom
like what are u scared of?

its not ur pregnant or anything
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.