Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IP address error
Forums > Resource Center > Support Center > Createblog Support > Createblog Resolved Topics
BlissGirl4Life
I noticed that for one of the people on my tracker it shows *my* IP address for them. Is there something I can do to correct it? Now it makes me wonder if it registers them showing up when it's really *me* who looked at my profile. Like, I noticed whenever I update my profile a lot of times in a row, the person (who has my IP address listed as theirs) viewed it the same amount of times I updated my profile. I think our IP addresses somehow got linked.
BlissGirl4Life
I don't know what their real one is, but you know how when they are identified, and you click on their name and it tells you their IP address? Well, the one I'm told is his is mine.
synatribe
either
a) you are showing up on your own tracker (cause you update your profile right?)

or

b) its a recycled IP, meaning now you have a new IP and that person has your old one,

or

c) its a proxy IP. You might share the IPs with other people. So your IP is the same as other peoples.

or

d) I might be completely wrong
BlissGirl4Life
It shows his picture, and lists his state and location. That is all his, but we have the same IP address listed; that is what confuses me.

So, in other words, it show his name, his picture, his location (Virginia), but my IP address.

It seems like it tracks my moves, but then why show his location and picture if it's me? I'm in NY, and he is from VA. It Says VA, but has my IP. It's bizzar. I just looked up my IP today and it still lists the same as it says for him.
karmakiller
nvm, I PMed it to you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.