Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sebastian Kruger
Forums > Community Center > Academia > Art
brooklyneast05
Master painter and self-described “personality portrait” artist SEBASTIAN KRUGER is a force of nature. As a classically trained painter schooled in the tradition of the old masters who just happens to be one of the world’s most incredible caricaturists, it wasn’t long before the two modes forever melded. The result is an unmistakably unique fine art style that that the artist has been working to refine—with incredible results—for the better part of two decades now. The almost impossibly prolific Krüger has cranked out a massive array of dauntingly articulate portraits of rock stars in recent years including Bob Dylan, Iggy Pop, and Jimi Hendrix, to name a few, but so far, the Rolling Stones have provided his greatest inspiration.

Now, turning his brush to the blues legends that birthed the Glimmer Twins, the artist has just put the finishing touches on a new “Blues” series that is simply epic in detail. Paying tribute to some of the genre’s foremost innovators including harp player Little Walter, and guitarists Robert Johnson, Muddy Walters, BB King, Albert Collins, and “The Hook” (aka: John Lee Hook), Krüger captures them in all their sweaty glory with a touch totally unique to the master.

it's so crazy to me that these are PAINTINGS. amazing work

tokyo-rose
Holy crap, he's good! Only really skilled artists can get things to look shiny/reflective.
only-tuesdays
Oh my gosh those are amazing!
adolelolz
Oh my god.
I'm in shock.
towntown2
He not only blurs the line between paintings and reality, he threw the line away!

That's amazing.
absinthe
wow. i'm speechless. throb.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.