Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: street art
Forums > Community Center > Academia > Art
brooklyneast05
Between late 2001 and 2004, Roadsworth executed dozens of art pieces on the streets of Montreal, beginning by simply adding bike lanes and moving on to zippers, gargoyles, barbed wire crosswalks and more.

Busted in ‘04 and charged with 53 counts of mischief, Roadsworth was facing tens of thousands of dollars in fines, but was given a lenient sentence due in large part to the public outcry that met the announcement of the charges against him. No longer an anonymous nocturnal (graffiti) emitter, Roadsworth is now commissioned to do legal public works and is also the subject of a new documentary, “Roadsworth: Crossing the Line” which will be screening at various locations this fall

Tomates
Those are really sweet.
tokyo-rose
I'd love it if he did that in New York City.

I really like the pearls and the zippers.
hi-C
I love the dandelions.

That's interesting though, he reminds me of Banksy.
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(hi-C @ Sep 25 2008, 08:36 PM) *
That's interesting though, he reminds me of Banksy.

me too
Joanne
Yayuh, Montreal!

I love how most of them look so simple and natural, like they were there all along. =D
mackenziee
omigosh,

that is so cool!
i have never seen those before. :]
absinthe
Creative. :)
anzbex
WOW love it!!!! I wanna see the documentary .
fameONE
I heard about this on Hypebeast. He's incredibly talented.
paolabear20
haha the zipper. =)
aaayotiffany
thats so awesomee! i've actually never seen anything like that.
does anyone know if there's anything like that in miami? lol.
superstitious
These are fantastic. I love that there was public outcry in his defense. Anyone who can make something so mundane artistic deserves much praise and recognition.
pandemonium
those are some really cool works of art :)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.