Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Facebook layouts?
Forums > Resource Center > Webmasters' Corner > Webmasters' Corner Resolved Topics
Tomates
Is there any possible way that i can make DIV for my facebook layout? Or atleast some type of skin i can use?
I hate the plainess of it so much. I know i know that facebook wants to keep the simplicity of everything but with all the new crap they smashed together it makes everything look so messy. So is there anything possible to make it happen?
manny-the-dino
Google is your best friend.
http://www.google.com/search?client=safari...-8&oe=UTF-8
Tomates
i saw some of the stuff like that but it looks like you have to download something and im kinda skeptical about it
manny-the-dino
Oh yeah, I see what you're saying. Try going here & see if there's anything you like; you don't have to download anything.
http://fbskins.com/
Tomates
I tried that one FBskins, its pretty good but you can tell its more of a new site starting up.

Thanks so much for the help though nat : D
i really appriciate it

Some of the sites are still a bit iffy and cant get all the skins to work.

Maybe i will be the mad scientist who finds a way to get pass the crazyness >: D
Gigi
Facebook skins is possibly the most retarded customizing app ever. Yeah, I'm going to add a separate panel to my profile and that's going to make my profile look unique. It's a load of crap.

Looking at the comments, it doesn't work with New Facebook either.

If you want to customize your profile, don't use Facebook. That's the long and the short of it. shrug.gif
berrypop90
The beauty of facebook is that it's no myspace or xanga. It's more about socializing than looks.
manny-the-dino
QUOTE(Tomates @ Sep 14 2008, 07:44 PM) *
Thanks so much for the help though nat : D
i really appriciate it

No problem. happy.gif

I went to the Help section & nothing comes up about skins or layouts. Maybe it's something FB will come up with in the future. _unsure.gif
Blaqheartedstar
QUOTE(berrypop90 @ Sep 14 2008, 11:39 PM) *
The beauty of facebook is that it's no myspace or xanga. It's more about socializing than looks.

yeah.
weird didn't know that you can put skins on facebook. Plus so it seems the new facebook forces its self on you with like no way to go to the old one. The new one pretty cool but i like the old facebook format more.
berrypop90
^^ I know! My apps don't look right on my profile anymore. The old facebook had everything accessible on one page, now I have to go through tabs and crap. Ah well, there's no changing it now. I just have to deal.
hi-C
I actually like having all the applications in a tab since from their very introduction, they cluttered up the profile page. But with that said, I don't like how the wall is separate from basic profile information.
Gigi
^ Me too. I also hate how the wall is really haphazard looking. CONSISTENCY IS KEY. There is no consistency to New Facebook.

Like, WHY is there a "Home" button when the "Facebook" button is RIGHT NEXT TO IT? It takes the place of the old "Profile" button and I end up clicking "Home" instead, and I end up loading the same page.
hi-C
I don't know why that's like that either. The beta version of new Facebook didn't have all that repetition. It had the one home button and the one profile button.
Gigi
Mona brought to my attention that there was also a "Profile" button and the button with your name on the right side, that both link you to your own profile.

WHY?!

Although that one pisses me off less because they're spaced out further apart.
Joanne
QUOTE(berrypop90 @ Sep 14 2008, 08:39 PM) *
I agree. The simplicity of (the old) Facebook was what made me love it so. There's none of that fancy pantsy stuff... unless you count those dreadful applications.

QUOTE(hi-C @ Sep 14 2008, 10:08 PM) *
But with that said, I don't like how the wall is separate from basic profile information.
OMG, I hate that! I hate how everything is just bunched up together. I want things to be nice and organized!!
Blaqheartedstar
The lack of clutter has to be the only upside. Hate that my updates and friends updates are linked to my "wall posts" and this little box under the default image seems pretty cool yet has no real purpose if facebook is only good for people you actually know.

the linking of comment apps and actually writing the comment with the app has been a problem for me in the new facebook.
old one let me send a 'hug' with my comment combined, new one, have to like send the 'hug' first and comment that post. Annoying.
manny-the-dino
Topic Closed, and Moved to Resolved Topics. Please PM a moderator if you would like this reopened.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.