Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moderator Performance
Forums > News and Announcements > Feedback > Feedback Resolved Topics
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
superstitious
Make this thread helpful for the mods.

Mods are members, also. So member bashing is not allowed, as always. Don't make it a personal vendetta, please. Keep the bashing at 0%, please.

Any moderator has the right to close and unpin this thread at the signs of bashing, pointlessness, and/or any other guideline breaker.

I do hope this works out. I want to stress that this is not the place for personal attacks. If you really have to, keep it in the PM system between you and the mod. This thread is here to help mods work better with members.

Please do not make this thread into a full scale discussion. Its main purpose is for members to evaluate moderator performance. If your question/concern has been answer, cease to post here until you have another concern. Thank you.

So...your thoughts?

(Threads will closed at the 45 page mark)
pandora
Just to reiterate, and make it a bit clearer - We will automatically delete spam and blatant bashing from this thread from now on; this isn't the venue for your personal vendettas against any of our mods.
missnh
Alright, I will take my responses to PM then :]
pandora
Yeah we all have lives outside of cb so sometimes we lag on returning PMs. Rebecca sent me one a few days ago and it took me a few days to get back to her.
missnh
Diana flowers.gif
JC flowers.gif
Rebecca flowers.gif
Steven
I, too, will go to PMs :]
misoshiru
Not completely mod perf, but why are topics being deleted instead of just closed?
Tung
To either hide the evidence that it ever happened. But it could just be to clean up the forums so it won't look dirty. shrug.gif
Elba
QUOTE(misoshiru @ Apr 3 2008, 09:53 PM) *
Not completely mod perf, but why are topics being deleted instead of just closed?

Nazi
pandora
we're deleting any spam topics that comes in mass dosage and also any blatantly obvious spam topics simply because we obviously don't tolerate it and you guys already know the rules. I could go ahead and ask you why you're making spam topics to begin with. You could just not.
misoshiru
so...what happened to the whole idea of a lounge as unmoderated as possible?
pandora
lol i dont know why people insist in arguing that 5 different topics saying "hi ______" or w/e is acceptable, even in the lounge.

also i'd like to point out that the reason we close most topics instead of deleting them is because we're obliged to make sure you understand the reason for it. in the case of blatant spam and mass spam, we feel that you obviously already know the reason for it and therefore we don't need to have it clutter the forum.
kryogenix
Why was my member evaluation thread deleted, but the other evaluation threads allowed to stay?
Elba
Because "yours was blatant spam and you know the rules".
pandora
Because all it said was "You all suck and will never be as awesome as me."
kryogenix
You speak as if there's something wrong with that statement.
superstitious
QUOTE(Tungster @ Apr 3 2008, 11:53 PM) *
To either hide the evidence that it ever happened. But it could just be to clean up the forums so it won't look dirty. shrug.gif

It's definitely not to "hide" anything. To be perfectly candid, if anyone questions the validity of something specific being deleted, you can always contact either Trish or myself as we can both not only see who has moderated topics, but we can also see the Trash can (where all the deleted stuff lives).

I think that the eval threads are fine and in some cases, it's brought some good discussion. I know I've been enjoying the different perspectives people have on one another. I thinks it's very Lounge-y. I think what separated Kryo's thread from the rest is the way he presented the topic. True, we may all very well suck and never be nearly as awesome as he is, but that's more or less a statement. That's why I can understand why it was interpreted as spam.

Yanlin - the idea behind having the Lounge be a more lenient forum is still there, but I am afraid that with the VIP Lounge being in existance, it sort of changes things just a tad. In VIP Lounge, you can pretty much do what you please (to an extent). You can spam, chill, etc. So essentially while the Lounge is more lenient than other forums still, the blatant spamming can certainly go in the VIP Lounge and since it isn't necessary to have a slew of the same topics (ie: how many "Hi" topics do we really need?) those are more likely to be trashed. However, like I mentioned above, these topics, when deleted don't just get lost in cyberspace somewhere. They are definitely retrievable so if it's something you really feel should stay, feel free to ask. It never hurts to ask.

Sorry for once again, a terribly long winded post.

PS - Thomas, I took care of that. Thanks for the alert.
kryogenix
I was sure everyone would know the thread worked the same way as the other "my opinion of you threads" and that they would just post and wait for my evaluation of them...
superstitious
QUOTE(kryogenix @ Apr 4 2008, 09:53 AM) *
I was sure everyone would know the thread worked the same way as the other "my opinion of you threads" and that they would just post and wait for my evaluation of them...

Fair enough. I moved your thread back to the Lounge and have reopened it.
pandora
you couldve just posted in the huge one and then tried again.
Tung
QUOTE(superstitious @ Apr 4 2008, 07:38 AM) *
It's definitely not to "hide" anything.

Lol, right. Of course there's some little chance that it is to hide something from the public. You can't possibly say it's DEFINITELY NOT.
superstitious
How about I put it this way, anything is retrievable unless the contents of the post(s) are removed.
Tung
I know it's retrievable, but there's things that gets deleted and put in the trashcan, so the general public (non-mods) can't see it.

As for Trish, I'm going to be honest here, I actually think she has done a good job being an admin so far, the cB side of it of course. She done alot of stuff, like the OM search flood crap, and actually reorganizing the forums, and she's working on the wiki? But her personality and her attitude and just how she approaches thing just kills it for her you know what I mean. All that baggage just overrides all the good she has done so far on cB, so people's image of her as an Admin derives not from what she has and hasn't do for cB, but because it's from her rep.
superstitious
Ok. I'm either not explaining myself well or I'm not saying what you want to hear. ;)

If someone deletes something, thus removing it from non trash can viewing access, there are people who can retrieve and move that something back to the public view. That I think you understand. What I am saying is that this idea that "evidence" is being hidden, isn't something that I personally condone or do. So, if you think that something is being deleted for the sole purpose of hiding, you can PM myself or another administrator to look into it.

I hope that clears it up a bit.
pandora
As for Trish, I'm going to be honest here, I actually think she has done a good job being an admin so far, the cB side of it of course. She done alot of stuff, like the OM search flood crap, and actually reorganizing the forums, and she's working on the wiki? But her personality and her attitude and just how she approaches thing just kills it for her you know what I mean. All that baggage just overrides all the good she has done so far on cB, so people's image of her as an Admin derives from what she has and hasn't do for cB, but because it's from her rep.

You know if people didnt feel the need to provoke me 24/7 my reactions would be really different. If you had someone riding your ass all day it would be different than my situation too. You can respond however you like because you aren't on the staff and people don't automatically think "that's not how a mod should act." If I choose not to say anything and feed into the drama I get called out for "punking out." If I say anything, then I get called out for being a bitch. Sorry, but mods are people too. That's all I'm going to say on this matter.
Steven
QUOTE(pandora @ Apr 4 2008, 04:36 PM) *
You know if people didnt feel the need to provoke me 24/7 my reactions would be really different. If you had someone riding your ass all day it would be different than my situation too. You can respond however you like because you aren't on the staff and people don't automatically think "that's not how a mod should act." If I choose not to say anything and feed into the drama I get called out for "punking out." If I say anything, then I get called out for being a bitch. Sorry, but mods are people too. That's all I'm going to say on this matter.

People don't necessarily want their critique answered by a defensive/pissed mod. Tung's critique wasn't bad by any means.
pandora
I didn't say it was. I'm just explaining my stance on the subject.
Steven
Then why get defensive?
superstitious
Guys, this isn't for full blown discussion. I hate to cut anyone off, but please, just say your feedback and move on, ok? One or two back and forths I understand but can you please try to keep it at that?
Tung
Can someone remove my warnings now lol. Been almost a week.

Offtopic here, but I didn't know where to post this question. But you know how you guys say admins can't delete accounts or else it would mess up the cb4 structure or database or whatever? I saw Brandon requested to be deleted, but yall denied him. Steven's account got deleted and that didn't seem to mess anything up. Just curious. I never understand what the deal with that was. Ranting here.
misoshiru
it feels as if 80% of the mods have disappeared.
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(misoshiru @ Apr 7 2008, 10:03 PM) *
it feels as if 80% of the mods have disappeared.

it's because i left.

actually i agree. where is everyone?
brooklyneast05
i think it's because staff lost some of their forum presence mods, IMO.
misoshiru
IA. but it means for the rest of the mods to step up and take over.

James def. has forum presence, but too bad he's in a different time zone.
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(misoshiru @ Apr 7 2008, 10:27 PM) *
IA. but it means for the rest of the mods to step up and take over.

thumbsup.gif
misoshiru
yeah. The ones I really notice are James (when he posts), Rebecca and Dani. Come on, where's everyone else?
Tung
maybe some new mods should get hired?
brooklyneast05
someone black imo. they lost all the black folk, that's the problem cool.gif
misoshiru
I had thought about that, but it's not as if cb is really lacking in mods.
brooklyneast05
i don't think jessica is a strong forum presence, but she isn't here enough to lately. i think ruth and cristy do a good job.
brooklyneast05
Miyashu
misoshiru
Who's Jessica?

QUOTE(doublehelix @ Apr 8 2008, 11:37 AM) *
I see, James, Jane, Rebecca, Dani, Miyashu, S-Majare have a strong forum presence, but some of the other mods, don't make a strong forum presence, but stop in at least once a day.

I think they have a strong forum presence, but it's different. I don't see Miyashu around. Maybe she's only in the design forums. Jane appears here and there, but I forget that she's a mod. Sarah, I don't remember seeing in awhile.
brooklyneast05
sarah just got back from vacation, so we should be seeing more of her. she's typically a mod who's all over all the forums.
Tung
sarah was gone for like two weeks, she came back couple days ago.

and yeah miyashu is awesome.
misoshiru
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Apr 8 2008, 11:42 AM) *
sarah just got back from vacation, so we should be seeing more of her. she's typically a mod who's all over all the forums.

OH okay. no wonder. I was wondering where she went.
Elba
Spencer for people staff.

NOT.
rnicron
Elba is black.

NOT.
misoshiru
Oh, and I forgot to mention that Diana definitely has forum presence.
Tung
LOl so in the end, you basically have 75% of staff having forum presence i think.
brooklyneast05
lol well still, it doesn't feel like any are around.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.