Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Two scripts in one database?
Forums > Resource Center > Webmasters' Corner > Webmasters' Corner Resolved Topics
melancholiclights
I currently have fixtatik's myspace layout previewer script in one database, however I'm only using 0.22 MB out of a maximum 100 MB. I'm currently installing wordpress and I was wondering if I should put wordpress in the same database as the other script above, or if I should make a new one?
fixtatik
it's perfectly fine. as long as they have different table names (the previewer uses fms_ to start each table, and wordpress uses wp_). i'm working on making FMS a wordpress plugin anyway, so it might be beneficial.

on the other hand, it also depends on how big you plan on making your site. if you write a lot in your blog, or if you have a lot of layouts, then you might want to put them in separate databases. wordpress can end up taking up loads of space because it saves drafts as unpublished entries every time you edit a page or post.
melancholiclights
Thank you fixtatik, I appreciate the help. ^_^
manny-the-dino
Topic Closed, and Moved to Resolved Topics. Please PM a moderator if you would like this reopened.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.