Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Midnight Sun
Forums > Community Center > Academia > Books
Pages: 1, 2
Melissa
I was a bit skeptical at first, but after reading it, it seems pretty legit. A little while after it came out, Stephenie Meyer's myspace quite was updated, saying "the camel's back, meet the last straw" which MAY have something to do with this being out.

IDK, don't read it if you want to wait for the whole thing. The writing style is exactly like Meyer's.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QG6UWNHB
superstitious
QUOTE(----- @ Aug 27 2008, 07:51 AM) *
The writing style is exactly like Meyer's.

No offense, but her "style" isn't exactly difficult to imitate. laugh.gif

I'll check it out though, for curiosity's sake.
JokeInsideJoke
QUOTE(----- @ Aug 27 2008, 08:51 AM) *
IDK, don't read it if you want to wait for the whole thing. The writing style is exactly like Meyer's.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QG6UWNHB

nothing showed up.... what is it? ermm.gif
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(JokeInsideJoke @ Aug 27 2008, 09:44 AM) *
nothing showed up.... what is it? ermm.gif

You have to enter the three letters shown, then download the 12 chapters.
Melissa
QUOTE(superstitious @ Aug 27 2008, 09:39 AM) *
No offense, but her "style" isn't exactly difficult to imitate. laugh.gif

Touche, lol.
JokeInsideJoke
QUOTE(jaeminnie @ Aug 27 2008, 10:49 AM) *
You have to enter the three letters shown, then download the 12 chapters.

12 chapters?!
i dont want to read it
cant
it will ruin the book sad.gif
Melissa
^ I actually disagree. After reading the first 12 chapters, it's making me look forward to the rest of the book. It's not like it ends at a cliffhanger (what with us knowing the end already) and is a pretty smooth read. I wasn't going to bother with Midnight Sun until I read the leaked chapters.
JokeInsideJoke
QUOTE(----- @ Aug 27 2008, 12:28 PM) *
^ I actually disagree. After reading the first 12 chapters, it's making me look forward to the rest of the book. It's not like it ends at a cliffhanger (what with us knowing the end already) and is a pretty smooth read. I wasn't going to bother with Midnight Sun until I read the leaked chapters.

_unsure.gif i think ill just wait for the book........ does anyone know the general time frame when it will be out?
only-tuesdays
Well I'm in the middle of reading it. tongue.gif I don't know if it's legit or not, but with the way some sentences seem to be missing here and there it could be.

I like how he referred to himself as a "cad". Probably the first time so far she's actually using language he would have used and been around in his human life.
technicolour
Whoa, how on earth did this get LEAKED?!

Well, nevertheless, i'm still downloading it. I'll probably throw it into a txt file and stick it on my iPod to read when i'm out and about.

JokeInsideJoke
QUOTE(technicolour @ Aug 27 2008, 12:46 PM) *
Whoa, how on earth did this get LEAKED?!

thats what im wondering.
i dont think its real.
anyone's writing can be copied
only-tuesdays
It actually seems real. I admit, her style isn't all that difficult to imitate, but this looks like it is pretty legit. There are some pages mixed up (like someone screwed up on scanning them), there are sentences missing, there's handwriting on the page corners...

It could very well be a fake. But I guess we won't know for sure until it comes out. Until then, it's a pretty good read. If someone faked it, kudos to them!
technicolour
Well, okay, I skimmed it. It seems legit, IMO.

But as Rebs said, her style is totally copy-able. It isn't exactly, uh, unique? I mean, how she weaves her sentences and the words she uses, sure. But, it's first person. Everyone/Anyone can write in first person.

Gah. I just talked myself in a circle.

I bet $20 bucks that the editor left it sitting out, and some underdog who works in the office leaked it.
JokeInsideJoke
well, im not reading it, just incase it is.
now if it comes out its fake, THEN ill read it :-)
superstitious
QUOTE(----- @ Aug 27 2008, 11:28 AM) *

Not to mention that Edward's POV has to be a million times more interesting than Bella's.
technicolour
^ Totally. Amen x7465784939474844

I want her to write books about all the freaking other Vampires she introduced us to in BD. Kate/Garret? Tanya's familia? Uhm, those Italian guys? YEAH. WRITE ABOUT THEM. They are interesting. OH THE IRISH ONES TOO!
JokeInsideJoke
QUOTE(superstitious @ Aug 27 2008, 12:55 PM) *
Not to mention that Edward's POV has to be a million times more interesting than Bella's.

yeah, but edward doesnt describe how hot he is shifty.gif
technicolour
QUOTE(JokeInsideJoke @ Aug 27 2008, 11:57 AM) *

Unfortunately he's not that narcissistic. Just, have a picture of RPatz pulled up while reading it. Then imagine him saying/thinking all those things.
JokeInsideJoke
QUOTE(technicolour @ Aug 27 2008, 01:00 PM) *
Unfortunately he's not hat narcissistic. Just, have a picture of RPatz pulled up while reading it. Then imagine him saying/thinking all those things.

its just not the same *tear* _unsure.gif
but i do want to know what he think about bella. after he gets over the whole "i want to suck your blood" thing
only-tuesdays
Oh man. It is so much more interesting from Edward's POV.

I'm loving this. Thank you for finding it!
superstitious
QUOTE(JokeInsideJoke @ Aug 27 2008, 11:57 AM) *

Are you kidding? laugh.gif

Edward's tone is far more sensual than anything that could be said from Bella's POV. I think that the person telling the story, his tone and "voice" doesn't just tell you hot how he is, it shows you how hot he is.
only-tuesdays
QUOTE(superstitious @ Aug 27 2008, 10:07 AM) *

Edward's tone is far more sensual than anything that could be said from Bella's POV. I think that the person telling the story, his tone and "voice" doesn't just tell you hot how he is, it shows you how hot he is.

Amen!

Holy crap. Reading this is going to make me want the rest of it right now. Maybe her writing only sucked because she was speaking from Bella's POV and Bella isn't very creative?

Because that description of him running through the rain was really pretty good.
JokeInsideJoke
QUOTE(superstitious @ Aug 27 2008, 01:07 PM) *

uh.... no.... _unsure.gif ermm.gif

happy.gif aahhhh edward
technicolour
QUOTE(superstitious @ Aug 27 2008, 12:07 PM) *

Ooooh. Remember his voice is melting honey. Imagine melting honey. Imagine.

And, uh, whoa, Rebs. You've totally got a REALLY GOOD point thereee.
only-tuesdays
Apparently there are lots of rumors going around about this...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...25035109AArqDPf
JokeInsideJoke
QUOTE(only-tuesdays @ Aug 27 2008, 01:11 PM) *
Amen!

Holy crap. Reading this is going to make me want the rest of it right now. Maybe her writing only sucked because she was speaking from Bella's POV and Bella isn't very creative?

blink.gif i never thought her writing sucked, but that is a very good point you have there....
Melissa
QUOTE(superstitious @ Aug 27 2008, 01:07 PM) *

FOR REAL!!

I know she's given two people copies of Midnight Sun, one being Robert Pattinson (sp). The guy at Kinko's could easily have leaked it, too lol.

And I LOVE how she writes Edward.
technicolour
Hm..I'll bet around late October/ Early November this "leak" will be plastered all over the news to bring attention to the movie.

She writes Edward incredibly well.
JokeInsideJoke
QUOTE(----- @ Aug 27 2008, 01:17 PM) *
FOR REAL!!

I know she's given two people copies of Midnight Sun, one being Robert Pattinson (sp). The guy at Kinko's could easily have leaked it, too lol.

And I LOVE how she writes Edward.

you spelt it right

and about the kinko's guy, that is a very good point. or maybe she emailed it to him... or something. i dont think she would risk the chance it would get leaked
angelrevelation
"The camel's back, and meet the straw"? Does that mean Stephenie won't be publishing Midnight Sun?? cry.gif
only-tuesdays
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008/08/twilight-midnig.html

It's going to be very interesting to watch this all play out over the next few weeks and days....

I only thought her writing sucked because it's just so straight forward. It doesn't make you think, she isn't very descriptive, but after reading what I've read so far of this leak it seems like maybe the past books were like that because Bella, by her very nature, isn't very "deep". This is a lot more interesting of a read. By far.
JokeInsideJoke
QUOTE(angelrevelation @ Aug 27 2008, 01:24 PM) *
"The camel's back, and meet the straw"? Does that mean Stephenie won't be publishing Midnight Sun?? cry.gif

mad.gif it better not!
only-tuesdays
Seriously. It better not.
JokeInsideJoke
i really dont get that line
superstitious
You never heard the expression, "the straw that broke the camel's back"?

http://www.goenglish.com/TheStrawThatBrokeTheCamelsBack.asp

I don't know, she just made a killing on The Host and Breaking Dawn. I think she's just burnt out, especially with all the criticism over Breaking Dawn.
technicolour
Eh. Take a sabbatical, SM. Then write us more juicy vampire books soon to be turned into movies!
mmhmichelle
ooh,yay!
I'm already reading it (:
JokeInsideJoke
QUOTE(superstitious @ Aug 27 2008, 03:30 PM) *
You never heard the expression, "the straw that broke the camel's back"?

http://www.goenglish.com/TheStrawThatBrokeTheCamelsBack.asp

I don't know, she just made a killing on The Host and Breaking Dawn. I think she's just burnt out, especially with all the criticism over Breaking Dawn.

laugh.gif OH! i got it. sorry. that was stupid

i am very tempted to read it.......

and she has to get this book out in the next 2 years
or
i
will
DIE mellow.gif
only-tuesdays
I'm sure some of you have already seen this, but I thought I'd post it anyway. Stephenie Meyer made a statement about the leak.

http://stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html
superstitious
Eh, I feel a little bad about it being leaked, but shit happens.

I honestly think that she is burned out and needs a break. She could simply just say that she needs a break instead of using this as an excuse. The book will "pop" up when she needs another project to submit. I'm sorry. I know that sounds harsh but she's going to have to develop a much thicker skin if she wants to remain in this business.
superstitious
Oh yes. Because killing off the Cullens SO works with the way Twilight ended. laugh.gif

Stephenie's a little emo right now. lol
superstitious
QUOTE(kreios @ Aug 29 2008, 02:11 PM) *
^ yeah, I was gonna say that too. But I wasn't sure why she would pose that in the first place if it didn't have some validity

Because
QUOTE(superstitious @ Aug 29 2008, 02:05 PM) *
Stephenie's a little emo right now. lol

tongue.gif
technicolour
I would freaking LAUGH MY BUTT OFF if the leaked version was from RPatz.

Some nosy assistant of his could have done it.

She does needs a vacation. Somewhere with no internet. No television. Just so she can clear her head. Oh, and no cell reception!
Smarmosaur
I'm so upset. I was really looking forward to it. maybe she'll get enough support to actually keep working on it? I don't know. it's just a book and all but I'm really freakin' mad. :[
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(technicolour @ Aug 29 2008, 04:30 PM) *
I would freaking LAUGH MY BUTT OFF if the leaked version was from RPatz.

Er, how could it have been him?
mmhmichelle
He helped her with ideas and such while she was writing it,correct?
superstitious
lol No. She gave him a copy to help him with insight on Edward. xD
technicolour
QUOTE(superstitious @ Aug 29 2008, 05:33 PM) *
lol No. She gave him a copy to help him with insight on Edward. xD

Yeah. She gave him a copy to help RPatz to truly comprehend his character. That book would probably have been a lot more of help than Twilight. Well,er, maybe not so much.

ew, nps.
Melissa
QUOTE(superstitious @ Aug 29 2008, 02:36 PM) *
I know that sounds harsh but she's going to have to develop a much thicker skin if she wants to remain in this business.

Agree.

Aw, I'm sort of disappointed. The leak was what made me WANT to read Midnight Sun. Oh well.
MichiFERcereal
I didn't believe it at first when one of my friends texted me and went, "MIDNIGHT SUN IS INDEFINITELY ON HOLD."

And then I saw her post on her website.

I am extremely disappointed. I was so looking forward to "Midnight Sun," especially since I didn't quite enjoy "Breaking Dawn." It's pathetic that someone would stoop so low as to betray her trust in such a manner. I hope that Ms. Meyer will be able to get past this bump in the road and find it in her to complete the book, because it would truly be heartbreaking to never see it published.

Oh, and I am choosing not to read the partial draft.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.