Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tung's 4 Week Plan
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
Pages: 1, 2
Tung
I'm here to help you starters out there tone out your muscles (biceps, triceps, and what have you) This is nothing extreme like what Reidar does, but it actually works. How credible is this? Well here's a pic of me after four weeks of doing this.

Okay here's the basics.

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

I usually start off with the regular weights of going outwards and towards your chest. I recommend starting off at 20lbs and build your way up by weeks. I'm at 50lbs right now currently. I lift these 100 times. 10 x 10 times intervals to give my muscles a rest in between.

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

I move on to these. Where you pull the weights up and down. These really help work out your upper muscles. 60lbs is what I do. I do 50 of these a day.

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

I then finish with the bench press. 85 lbs is what I do. Sorry for the missing label lol. I'll do 30 of these because these are really intense!

I'll usually go ahead and hit the treadmill and run 2 miles on it to keep myself in shape.

I also go swimming ALOT. LIKE ALOT of swimming. And it's really help I think tone myself out.

My main daily diet of food contains are :

click to enlarge

Burritos. Really high in protein, and it's very cheap. 40 cents at your local Safeway only! That's a steal! And they are really good too.

click to enlarge

Remember to always drink your milk. I drink two glass a day. Morning and night.

click to enlarge

If you're a college student like me, these kind of stuff are your lunch lol. Their high in protein also. Also mad cheap.

click to enlarge

Always gotta have two eggs a day. Good in protein to help strenght training.

click to enlarge

I eat rice almost everyday with beef, steak, or chicken. I love it.

Oh and remember to eat fruits, and vegetables every day too!

Hope this help you guys out. It's not much, but it actually works.
demolished
f**king awesome.

but, am i skinny enough to gain some good muscle?
i'm 140LBS.

Anyways, I think your food is just too unhealthy. Not to mentioned, I don’t know much proteins are loss in your microwave.

& why don’t you go for some tuna with wheat bread? Tuna are like ... highly recommended food for proteins.

get them at smart&final or cosco, they are super cheap and worth it!

MAD PROTEINS TOO!

Posts merged - Please don't double post
Tung
Those are just some typical everyday college food LMAO. I took it like 20 minutes ago, and it's past midnight. Too lazy to take any other pics of the "healthier" food lol. But these are the main food I eat to consume protein. I consume Protein bars too. But you know how expensive just one small bar is?!

Oh 140lbs is good enough. How tall are you thought?

I'm 5'6 and 145lbs.

edit: I do have tuna. I eat that too. Like I said, I ain't taking pictures of HELLA pictures. stubborn.gif

Also Soy Milk too.
demolished
5'9

& does muscle formula milk works? my brother stores 5 huge jug of 'em ...

and ... since my brother's on his diet, i might as well take advantage of his food he brought. _smile.gif
Tung
5'9 and 140lbs.

Yeah I think you're a little scrawny there. You should be around 160-165lbs. It's better to gain some weight and fat and then work out. No point in working out as a scrawny ass. My friend works out like crazy, but he's hella skinny, so his potential to get bigger muscles are very low.
demolished
... god dam it. this topic is useless for me, then.

how did you gain all the weights?
Reidar
Tung, you may be content with the way you're going about things (and that's completely your business), but the fact of the matter is that these delineations simply aren't optimal for most people.

1.) Beginners and intermediates should not be doing a high amount of reps. That entails sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, which is when your muscles swell with sarcoplasm, a non-contractile cell fluid. This is not conducive to anyone who isn't a bodybuilder.

Trainees should lift for strength in order to build a solid, athletic base, first and foremost. Strength coach Mark Rippetoe has an excellent template for beginners called Starting Strength.

2.) Machines are worthless for anyone who, again, isn't a bodybuilder. Not only are they not conducive to strength, but the fixed path alters joint torques and increases the risk of injury.

3.) Solid food should be avoided post-workout because of the absorption rate. This is an extremely sensitive time period. I won't get into biochemical supercompensation and all of that, but basically, liquid sustenance is what's optimal here.

4.) Cardio and weight training should be separated in order to avoid muscle catabolism, or breakdown. Cardiovascular activities deplete liver glycogen, not muscle glycogen, which calls for contradictory post-workout nutrition.

Beginners are extremely susceptible to reaction of a stimulus, so yeah, it's not like you won't see any results at all through your outline. That's really not saying much at all, though. Practically any form of contractive stimulation will garner some level of progress. The point is to not take this opportunity for granted and get the best results possible early on.

QUOTE(Tungster @ Aug 25 2008, 02:57 AM) *
It's better to gain some weight and fat and then work out.

No. Just no.

If you're not growing, you're not eating enough. Calorie excess = weight gain.

I started at 125 lbs.
Tung
I gained it naturally. I use to be scrawny as hell senior year in highschool. but like all freshmans in college you gain about 7-8lbs due to the change of sleeping patterns, availability in food, studying all the time, spending half the day sitting listening to your boring professor lectures, etc. Yeah I gained weight that way. But Sophmore year in college I been working out and getting back to my high school shape, and at the same time strenght training my muscles as well.
Joanne
HA. Tung's some sort of fitness guru now, huh? xD
ArtofBreaking
Burritos and Pizza for strength training? Laugh out Loud.
Luna5
Interesting!
Tung
QUOTE(VR-4 @ Aug 26 2008, 10:22 AM) *
Burritos and Pizza for strength training? Laugh out Loud.

Why not? They are a cheap replacement to steroids and protein shakes/bars. They contain about 15-20g of protein which makes up already 30% of your DV for Protein for the day.
ArtofBreaking
Nothings wrong with it, but it's probably smarter to buy a 5lb Amplify for $35.00 that'll last you months.
Tung
fuck supplements
ArtofBreaking
It's a protein shake you vag. There's nothing wrong with it.
Tung
Rofl my bad. Word, I drink protein shakes as well. They are good.
ArtofBreaking
Lmao, it sounds like a steroid like Xyience but it's not. It's just a cheaper version of whey protein and it tastes better.
Reidar
Amplify is garbage, as all NO2 supps are.
demolished
tung,

when did you became people's staff?

i'm very late.
Simba
Tina burritos, nice.
Insurmountable
QUOTE(demolished @ Aug 25 2008, 03:55 AM) *
5'9
& does muscle formula milk works? my brother stores 5 huge jug of 'em ...

and ... since my brother's on his diet, i might as well take advantage of his food he brought. _smile.gif

Well Josh is 6-2 and weighs the same as you o_O

Tung I like the pictures, I guess the plan is okay. I usually stick to cardio, but of course I'm not trying to gain weight or muscle for that matter. And wow your cheap, lol. Although I suppose I can't say much, I have to find ways to eat meat less sandwiches and such but still have plenty of protein XD
karmakiller
Lol, Holly, I used to lift weight, but since I'm girl I don't make strides the way that guys do. When I started losing weight I had to get over that "but I don't want to get bulky" mindset. That reminds me... I need to get back into going to the gym soon.
cakedout
all you need is the JUICE
ChangeofHeart
Tung show my video of you benching more then your body weight, and then I'll starting believing your 4 week plan.
Castaway
hahah nice work out plan.. for a busy college student i guess.
I'm not a pro at weight training, i'm more of a beginner sorta but i've learned a lot over the past months.
Reidar is right, you should do your cardio workouts on a different day.

You should also consume a good amount of protein within one hour after your workout. I used to take a protein bar with 20-32g of protein but now i take muscle milk because it's cheaper(i get about 32g of protein along with 10g of fat.) Note: you need fat in order to build muscle.. so protein supplements with 0g of fat won't do you any good if that's all you're consuming.

And i see that you're toning instead of focusing on building. If you want to build, you will need to increase the weights and decrease your sets and reps.

However..... around february, i was only able to bench 135lbs on a decline bench. Between february and summer time, i did about 4 sets of 25 push ups every other day(this wasn't a strict plan, i slacked off plenty of times). Because of that, i'm now able to bench around 155lb on a flat and 160 on decline. I did not have a special diet during that time.. i just ate normally.
My point is.. i was a beginner and i was still able to gain a lot of muscle with simple push ups so beginners should also try this out. However i think that only goes works to a certain point and that's when you should start weight training.

I'm probably wrong in a few parts so any1 is welcomed to correct me. I learned most of this from www.bodybuilding.com (and their forums)
Reidar
Muscle Milk contains casein protein, which coagulates in the stomach and impedes absorption, so it should not be taken after a workout. This is a very time-sensitive period, which is where whey comes in.

Also, tone doesn't mean definition. More muscle = more tonus, which is an ionic measure across the muscle cell membranes.
Castaway
QUOTE(Reidar @ Oct 8 2008, 08:46 PM) *
Muscle Milk contains casein protein, which coagulates in the stomach and impedes absorption, so it should not be taken after a workout. This is a very time-sensitive period, which is where whey comes in.

Also, tone doesn't mean definition. More muscle = more tonus, which is an ionic measure across the muscle cell membranes.

Muscle milk has two proteins: Whey and casein. Whey is said to be the fastest digesting(digests in 2 hours or so) protein and casein is said to be the slowest(i heard it takes 6 hours to digest.
I heard that the this protein combo is good because you get a good amount of protein throughout 6 hours or so, although most recommend 100% whey after workouts.
Reidar
You don't, because caseinate denatures and coagulates when broken down, which interrupts the synthesis of all protein peptides and amino acids, causing them to pass more slowly through the gut. This delays the supply of nitrogen to the muscle tissues and defeats the effects of the whey.

Casein should be taken before bed for that reason, in order to counter the effects of nighttime muscle breakdown, or, more formally, nocturnal post-absorptive catabolism.
Castaway
QUOTE(Reidar @ Oct 8 2008, 09:07 PM) *
You don't, because caseinate denatures and coagulates when broken down, which interrupts the synthesis of all protein peptides and amino acids, causing them to pass more slowly through the gut. This delays the supply of nitrogen to the muscle tissues and defeats the effects of the whey.

Casein should be taken before bed for that reason, in order to counter the effects of nighttime muscle breakdown, or, more formally, nocturnal post-absorptive catabolism.

ahhh i see. I also read this article after i read your post: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/satternorton.htm
your reason is also listed near the middle of the page.
Why the hell would cytosport combine casein and whey.. haha.
Guess ill have to buy some 100% whey protein.
What do you think about taking muscle milk pre-work out?
Tung
So you guys are saying it would be better to do let's say

50 reps of 100lbs

than

100 reps of 75lbs?
Castaway
QUOTE(pessimist @ Oct 8 2008, 10:42 PM) *

50 reps of 100lbs

than

100 reps of 75lbs?

I guess it depends on what type of exercise.

For example.. lets say your max on a flat bench is 155lbs.
Instead of doing 10 sets of 115lbs.
It is best to do 4 sets starting with 140lbs with +5lbs after each set.
So it would end up like..

1st set 140lbs 8 reps
2nd set 145 6 reps
3rd set 150 4 reps
4th set 155 1-2 reps
(that's just an example of what i do. I'm not sure if it's the best for me but you get the idea)
as ur sets go down, your weights should go up. As your weight goes up your reps should go down.
Reidar
QUOTE(Castaway @ Oct 9 2008, 12:35 AM) *
Why the hell would cytosport combine casein and whey.. haha.
Guess ill have to buy some 100% whey protein.
What do you think about taking muscle milk pre-work out?

As something you take with a regular meal, it's a good source of protein. I buy Muscle Milk cartons to drink with my lunch at school.

QUOTE(pessimist @ Oct 9 2008, 12:42 AM) *

50 reps of 100lbs

than

100 reps of 75lbs?

Neither. Both are an asinine number for functional strength.
Tung
^ Then give me your suggestion then great Reidar.
Castaway
it's going to depend on what type of exercise you're doing.
Reidar
QUOTE(pessimist @ Oct 9 2008, 12:59 AM) *
^ Then give me your suggestion then great Reidar.

http://defrancotraining.com/articles/archi...es_westside.htm

Do that, or this:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

By the way, more about this pyramiding scheme:

QUOTE(Castaway @ Oct 9 2008, 12:53 AM) *
as ur sets go down, your weights should go up. As your weight goes up your reps should go down.

Russian Olympic lifters said good-bye to doing this as a staple back in 1964. Pyramids fatigue the muscles and nervous system before getting to the money sets. The Russian National Powerlifting Team still employs very limited use of this build-up in the preparatory period when they're concentrating on building up volume, usually only once a week, but beginner trainees really shouldn't concern themselves with it yet.
Tung
Thanks. I'm gonna read this when I'm not being lazy. Which is really rare.
Reidar
I can email you a copy of Beyond Bodybuilding, which not only does a great job of breaking this all down, but is pretty funny to read and isn't a chore to go through at all.
fameONE
QUOTE(Reidar @ Oct 9 2008, 01:10 AM) *
I can email you a copy of Beyond Bodybuilding, which not only does a great job of breaking this all down, but is pretty funny to read and isn't a chore to go through at all.

Brandon.Saunders@iraq.centcom.mil
Reidar
Sent.

With such Soviet methods, you will grow like mutant and crush your enemies like Russian bear.
fameONE
QUOTE(Reidar @ Oct 9 2008, 01:49 AM) *
Sent.

With such Soviet methods, you will grow like mutant and crush your enemies like Russian bear.

Outstanding. I am in your debt.
Tung
tuvo@ucdavis.edu
markmejia
Two eggs a day?
Reidar
As many as you want.
KINGdinguhling
LOL
gojira
are you still fat?
LittleMissSunshine
^ lollllll (x> i don't think he was fat from the beginning gorjira.
karmakiller
Hey, Tung, how's the plan goin?
gojira
QUOTE(shannlovin @ Jan 24 2009, 05:32 PM) *
^ lollllll (x> i don't think he was fat from the beginning gorjira.

he looked chubbier in the red plaid picture
Reidar
You should do crazy plates, Tung, since you trained with machines and are therefore in critical need of muscle stabilization.

Just_Dream
QUOTE(gojira @ Jan 24 2009, 05:58 PM) *
he looked chubbier in the red plaid picture

lul wut pix nao of chubs in red plaid. I haven't seen it.

Reidar - what is your body fat composition? <5%?!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.