Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: can anyone help me lose some..
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
chloelovesyou
i need help using some weight!
im 5'11 and a size 4.
i just think i need to lose more weight, for this year at highschool.
any tips? tricks? advice?
exercise/workouts?
nikx618
make your food portions smaller, like eat less, not extremely less, like anorexic.
&run, just exercise. sports are good too. anything to get you to sweat.
lost of water, &ummm, eat breakfast. there were studies that said
that people who dont eat breakfast are more likely to gain weight.
you need metabolism to burn fat.
karmakiller
Size 4? No way, that's huge rolleyes.gif

Honestly, I don't think you should be concerned. I'm sure that your body fat percentage is in the healthy range. It's a different thing if you want to get in better shape, or if you just want to be smaller. Make sure that you're eating at least 1,200 calories, though. You don't want to do something now that will negatively effect you later.

The best advice I can give you is wait for Reidar to respond to this topic, haha.
chloelovesyou
^^^^^^^^
haha ok, not to sound like a freak but im hardly hungry lately so i eat like 600-800 calories a day and i have so much energy.
nikx618
haha, i dont know anything about "sizes" like size 4, 2
so, i have no idea what actual size that is.
all i know is small medium large, lmfao
chloelovesyou
haha well idk how to explain!
but im a size 4 in amercian eagle, which is kinda small, but not abercrombie small lol
Joanne
Abercrombie sizes are insane.
shoryuken
QUOTE(chloelovesyou @ Jul 30 2008, 12:58 AM) *
i need help using some weight!
im 5'11 and a size 4.
i just think i need to lose more weight, for this year at highschool.
any tips? tricks? advice?
exercise/workouts?

pic puh lezz
Reidar
QUOTE(chloelovesyou @ Jul 30 2008, 12:16 AM) *
^^^^^^^^
haha ok, not to sound like a freak but im hardly hungry lately so i eat like 600-800 calories a day and i have so much energy.

If you were eating 600 calories a day, you wouldn't be alive for more than a few weeks.

In any case, it sounds like you're eating very minimally. You're forcing your system to become more efficient at lipogenesis, or storing body fat, by eating so little.
chloelovesyou
^^^
i eat pretty healty.
though. i know it sounds unhealty, but im never hungry.
_unsure.gif
Reidar
QUOTE(chloelovesyou @ Jul 30 2008, 07:14 PM) *
^^^
i eat pretty healty.

No, you don't. Eating minimally isn't healthy, nor is it conducive to burning fat.
chloelovesyou
ok, idc really.
i just wanna lose some weight before school starts!
xoxo_proud
QUOTE(chloelovesyou @ Jul 30 2008, 09:31 PM) *
ok, idc really.

Well Reidar's trying to tell you that if you only eat 600 calories a day you won't lose fat. Your body will just store it. So just listen to him and you will lose it.
Reidar
QUOTE(chloelovesyou @ Jul 30 2008, 08:31 PM) *
ok, idc really.

Then eat properly. 600 calories a day isn't eating properly.

When you don't take in enough food, your body transforms the amino acid alanine, which comes from your muscle tissue, into glucose for fuel.

This is a mechanism to protect you from starvation. Your body is trying to store valuable fat for survival because you're tricking it into thinking that it won't be getting enough to eat.
transcendentalism
QUOTE(Reidar @ Jul 30 2008, 10:50 PM) *
Then eat properly. 600 calories a day isn't eating properly.

When you don't take in enough food, your body transforms the amino acid alanine, which comes from your muscle tissue, into glucose for fuel.

This is a mechanism to protect you from starvation. Your body is trying to store valuable fat for survival because you're tricking it into thinking that it won't be getting enough to eat.

I always told that to people when they told me they were starving themselves to lose weight, except I didn't actually know the technical reasons behind why.

aand now I do so I'm a happy camper. :)

Just wondering Reidar, did you take a course to learn this all or were you just a wikipedia-learner? And if so, what course was it?
Reidar
There's actually a lot more to it than just that, of course.

I'm majoring in biochemistry, but certifications in this field exist in an unregulated industry, so I don't put as much value in that as some may. I've learned nothing at school that I didn't already know from my own 5+ year studies.
denmark
Hi There,

Well your in luck because you don't need to worry about eating organic food (absolutly no benifit) or supplements (not really going to benifit you for your goals). I guess the money situation means you don't want to be joining a gym or being more freeweights?

But there are some big and small things you can do:

Big things: Get you diet nailed! Eat regually (6 times during the day), cut out saterated fats, do not eat carbohydrates after about 4 'o' clock (unless you are excerising after this time) - protein and veg/salad only. Basically get a 6 meal diet together for the day based on this and then we can tweek it for you. If you can get into detail you should be eating 500 calories under your maintance level so somewhere about 2250/day.

Biggish things: Do exercise more regually and high intensity. Look up HIIT on this website and do 3 days a week if you can. In between these do your weight training - big compound excersies if you weights allow (i.e. lots of muscles at once). If you get a excersies scheudle togather we can critique that as well.

Small things - loads of stuff lilke drinking green tea, making meals spicy - but this is all secondary.

Hope this helps.
Reidar
1.) Organic foods and supplements do have benefit. Whey protein is such a fundamental item that it's used in baby formula.

2.) The much-maligned saturated fats are not the cause of our modern diseases. In fact, they play many important roles in the body's chemistry, such as lowering Lp(a), a substance in the blood that indicates proneness to heart disease. They also enhance the immune system.

Animal studies have also shown that cutting dietary fat out of your diet increases lipogenesis, or the production of body fat. Your body senses a deficit and produces its own fat to compensate.

3.) Carbs should not be cut out at any time of the day. Carbohydrates are important for preventing muscle catabolism, or breakdown. See above: "When you don't take in enough food, your body transforms the amino acid alanine, which comes from your muscle tissue, into glucose for fuel."
Rogue_Ewok
This person is 5'11" and a size 4... thats pretty small. You dont need to lose weight. I hate it when all these girls wanna look like twigs.
CocaineNoseJob
QUOTE(Rogue_Ewok @ Aug 24 2008, 12:07 PM) *
This person is 5'11" and a size 4... thats pretty small. You dont need to lose weight. I hate it when all these girls wanna look like twigs.

agreed completely. Idk what size four your wearing but i'm a size 2-5 (yea its weird) but i'm 5'3 and damn skinny for my size. i wanna gain more weight if anything. So i'm sure your fine. But if you really wanna lose some weight a trip to the ol' gym never did anyone wrong. With the right amount of time you spend on the right work out you could lose some weight before school.
Tomates
Heres a really good trick
Eat SLOW becuase the slower you eat your more likely to feel full quicker.
creole
Eat only when necessary, and get a lot of exercise.

It' can be from a walk in the park, swimming, etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.