Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guns Germs and Steel! HELP!
Forums > Community Center > Academia > Books
Heartourbeat
So I have to read the book Guns Germs and Steel for AP World History and I really need help on some questions! I HAVE been reading the book, I just can't answer certain questions so please just don't tell me to read it.

thanks!!! please only answer if you have read the book and they are right! this is for a grade!

Why is it important to differentiate between proximate and ultimate causes? It is important to differentiate between proximate and ultimate causes because

Do you find some of Diamond’s methodologies more compelling than others? Which, and why?

What is the importance of the order of the chapters? Why, for example, is “Collision at Cajamarca”- which describes events that occur thousands of years after those described in the subsequent chapters- placed where it is?

How are Polynesian Islands “an experiment of history”? What conclusions does Diamond draw from their history?

How does Diamond challenge our assumptions about the transition from hunter-gatherer to farming?

How is farming an “auto-catalytic” process? How does this account or the great disparities in societies, as well as for the possibilities of parallel evolution

What were the advantages enjoyed by the Fertile Crescent that allowed it to be the earliest site of development for most of the building blocks of civilization? How does Diamond explain the fact that it was nevertheless Europe not Southwest Asia that ended up spreading its culture to the rest of the world?

How does Diamond’s theory that invention is, in fact, the mother of necessity bear upon the traditional “heroic” model of invention
heyo-captain-jack
Don't post so f**king many topics.
ToxicTaco
Sparknotes. or Wikipedia
superstitious
I'm not at all familiar with this, I'm sorry. I have deleted your duplicate topics though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.