Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FITNYC admission
Forums > Community Center > Academia > School
vehvih
Aight

So like I've been frequently visiting college sites for information, and FIT seems appealing to me because it's cheap, it has a bachelor's degrees unlike FIDM, it's a cheap college that has a bachelor's degree that is near Aveda (which I'm planning to go to as well), and I've been reading ratings/reviews online about how awesome this school is.

One problem:
Is it really hard to get in?

I read on somewhere on their site AFTER they review the academic part (transcript, AP scores, blahblah), they well then base their decision whether or whether not the student qualifies for admission? THEN that's the time they will look the porfolios???

I neverrr NEVER took ANY damn AP classes, I have a GPA of 2.4 (they require 3.0), and they DON'T really require SAT scores...

I can boost my gpa up during senior year, I know that.
I'm making up all my Ds into a C or up during summer and fall.

Advices? blink.gif
demolished
your senior year wont matter when you do your admission because admission/registration starts in october/november. they will not look much after october/november when they recieve your application

which means, the school will look into the applicants through freshmen to junior year.

somehow, they will look into your senior year after you're done with school. they'll decide when to keep you or not.
queen
with a 2.4 gpa, is your portfolio outstanding? ;o
shoryuken
QUOTE(Fist @ Jul 15 2008, 11:30 PM) *
your senior year wont matter when you do your admission because admission/registration starts in october/november. they will not look much after october/november when they recieve your application

which means, the school will look into the applicants through freshmen to junior year.

somehow, they will look into your senior year after you're done with school. they'll decide when to keep you or not.

u dum... laugh.gif

dey chekk onlii junurr n seenorr..
vehvih
QUOTE(PrIncEoFSeXaPpeAL @ Jul 16 2008, 12:52 PM) *
u dum... laugh.gif

dey chekk onlii junurr n seenorr..

Do they really??
Application deadline is somewhere in January for fall.
By the time my first semester of my senior ends, I'm pretty sure all my Ds are gone and my gpa has been boosted.

&as for the portfolio,
it said on the site they don't really care what kind of art work there is "as long as it communicates with overall artistic ability, creativiy, design sense, and sensitivity to color line and proportion"

So I think I'm good with the portfolio and I have to time to flourish it, and make more works
paperplane
No, he doesn't know what the f**k he's talking about. Of course schools look at all four years.
demolished
^
No, what i'm saying is ...

by the time you turn in your dues at the beginning of the school in october/november( which college generally start accepting admissions), they CANT look into your senior year yet because you're not done with semester 1. they will look into it once you're done with it.
shoryuken
QUOTE(paperplane @ Jul 16 2008, 11:16 PM) *
No, he doesn't know what the f**k he's talking about. Of course schools look at all four years.

WHOOAA WHOOAA... thaa a mouuthh onnn dizz membaa staff... shifty.gif shifty.gif laugh.gif

b niiccee noww.. shifty.gif stubborn.gif
QUOTE(Fist @ Jul 17 2008, 02:33 AM) *
^

by the time you turn in your dues at the beginning of the school in october/november( which college generally start accepting admissions), they CANT look into your senior year yet because you're not done with semester 1. they will look into it once you're done with it.

nahh.. deyy lookk eeveenn u aainntt nooo dunnee..
paperplane
QUOTE(Fist @ Jul 17 2008, 02:33 AM) *
^

I wasn't talking about you.

But most regular admission deadlines are in January (I think), which would allow you to send first semester grades.
vehvih
Are you sure??? blink.gif

This is what it's said online:

OCTOBER – NOVEMBER
Space in all majors is limited, so applicants are encouraged to submit the SUNY application online.

DECEMBER
For Art & Design applicants, portfolio instructions and scheduling will occur after your application has been submitted to the SUNY Application Services Center. Applications submitted in October and November will be scheduled as early as December. Never submit a portfolio until we request it.

JANUARY 1
Applicants must file their fall applications no later than January 1.
Decisions will only be rendered after completed applications are on file in Admissions. Your application is complete when your academic transcripts, Academic History and Essay form, portfolio (for applicants to design majors), and TOEFL (if applicable) are on file in the FIT Admissions Office. Students who have not completed applications by January 1 for the fall semester risk being closed out of the major of their choice.

JUNE – AUGUST
All final transcripts must be submitted before students register for the fall semester.
Orientation and Registration information for the fall semester will be mailed separately.
Stuckinnyc
With a 2.4 i am guessing that your gpa is even lower in your core classes. You dont stand a chance in getting into fit with that. I go there, I know in most of the design majors there are ferw spots avalible. on average 50 spots pr program per season fall/spring. In the accesories design there are 50 spots avalible for over 300 that applied. And in some of the others there is a 25 spots for over 2,500 that applied.
Good luck
:)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.