Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cosplaying
Forums > Community Center > Interests > Anime
Butterflyphoenix
Has anyone ever cosplayed for an anime convention? If so, how long does it take to make a costume. I haven't done it in about 3-4 years and it was only once, but I think I remember it took me about an entire summer to come up with a costume. (But it was easy, I dressed up as Shippou from Inuyasha.)

Also, I can't really buy material anymore because Rag Shop closed down and I'm unsure if Micheals sells any cloth. Does anybody know easy cosplays? mellow.gif
Tomates
Bleach cosplays could be easy to make.
I sometimes dress as Orihime XD

I also am trying to cosplay as naruto but i need my wig to come in the mail.
My Sister does sasuke usually.

Ive never been to a con. BUT im going to Yuma con this halloween
tokyo-rose
It really depends what costume you're looking to make. It could take anything from a few days to several months.

For male cosplay: L from Death Note. You need a black wig, long-sleeved white T-shirt, and jeans, but no shoes.

For female cosplay: Schoolgirl!Misa. White blouse, red tie tied into a bow, pleated black skirt, black-and-white-striped stockings, and boots. Her hair is done in two half-ponytails.
Blyat
well i think some easy cosplays you can pull off
is L cause all you need is a white longsleeves and jeans
bleach is easy too
or go to mooncostumes.com
they have cosplays :3

sleepwalkerdreams
I was a generic school girl so.. it doesn't take long to find skirts and blouses, lol. But my mom made my bow.

But of course it's cooler to go as someone specific. x]
lawlietta
It your depends on how complex your costume is. A typical Naruto cosplay can take one-two weeks, but something from KH can take months.

Are you sure there aren't any fabric stores around where you live? It's kinda hard to work out of pre-made materials, unless you want to do really really simple stuff like L, and there are always like fifty L's per con nowadays. >>;

As for who to cosplay, pick someone from a series you like; it makes no sense to cosplay a character who you don't even know. You can also check out the Cosplay Newbies section on C.Com, they have a LOT of suggestion threads.

Aaand then you can always get commissions online. O:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.