Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ingrown toenail =(
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
stephinika
Fack, sooo my toe hurt and I looked and saw my that the nail on my bigtoe was kinda digging into my skin on the side so I used a nail clipper to cut it shorter on the side so it didn't dig in so much. Well, its been a day and I think its gotten a lil' infected cause its a bit swollen and hurts like a BITCH and looks a bit pus-like and gross.

I don't want my toe to fall off. Ahhhh! pinch.gif [/rant]

Err, what do I do? I've been putting polysporin...haha, anyone had this before? sad.gif Blah.
Just_Dream
You should definitely see a doctor -- maybe your college doctor or something, if you live on campus. Anyways, you need to get on some antibiotics because if it's infected, most likely there's some kind of bacterial infection. I mean, your feet touches the ground and the ground is pretty dirty, lol.

As for a sanitary solution, don't wear any open-toed shoes, and make sure to wash your feet often with lukewarm water and some kind of antibacterial soap, as well as wearing socks (cushion your feet against the shoe). Hopefully this helps, although I've never had this situation. I know I got a splinter on the tip of my finger one time and it got infected pretty badly, but I didn't go see the doctor. I washed it as often as I could and eventually the skin over the splinter became dead -- then I clipped it off and removed the splinter. That took over a week though. D:

Good luck and that is really unfortunate. :[ And Thomas, no offense but this isn't a joking matter, so if you can't help, don't post.
cupidstunt
Try putting your foot into some warm salt water.
My sister had this, and the salt water trick helped.
Anyway, good luck with it and hope all goes well soon. thumbsup.gif
Glamourouz
I've never gotten an ingrown toenail; that sounds horrid, but you should definitely see a doctor
Just_Dream
QUOTE(kreios @ May 31 2008, 01:33 AM) *
I don't think anyone would take me serious, on the off-chance you might have. . .

I guess you might call your first reply a "wasted post"? shrug.gif
moorepocket
go get a pedicure. They'll cut off the ingrown. I have it, and i get it done.
stephinika
Thanks guys, yeah so far it hasn't seemed to get any better or worse...its just there and really painful and blah. I'd describe it more but its kind of gross. ermm.gif Going to the doctor Wednesday morning. I just want it to go away. cry.gif
Just_Dream
QUOTE(moorepocket @ Jun 2 2008, 10:28 AM) *
go get a pedicure. They'll cut off the ingrown. I have it, and i get it done.

Didn't you read? She said it got infected, and that she clipped off as much as she could. NO WAI is it going to get "clipped off".

xmas.gif
Insurmountable
oh that really sucks, if you cut a v at the center of your toe nail, and cut your toe nail pretty short, when it starts to grow back it will pull the sides to the center to fill in the v and it should get away from the sides of your toe. Thats what I had to do, because when I played soccer a lot my toe nails use to get shoved in to my toe >_>

But if it has gotten worse, I'd go to a foot doctor.
karmakiller
Ick. I hope it isn't anything too bad.

A few years ago, I cut my toenail on my big toe a little odd, and so their was a peice that I missed on the side, which wasn't attacted to the rest, and it grew inside my toe. It didn't get infected and you couldn't see it, but it hurt like a bitch and I had to have to doctor get it out. Doesn't help that I have really ticklish feet...
fagget
I don't know how to get RID of it, but once it's gone, try cutting your nail straight, instead of curved to prevent getting an ingrown toenail again.

Did that even make sense?
Relentless
My friend had this. It looked really ugly and gross when it got worse due to infection and such.

Then he went under surgery on his ingrown toenail. (x

I suggest going to the Doctors and have it checked just in case, Steph. Cutting the nail won't work.... =X
stephinika
Thanks for all the advice guys. =p Went to the doctor and I'm on antibiotics now for the infection and so its gotten a lot better.

Damn toe. But yeah, I have to not cut my nails so short next time...
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(kreios @ May 31 2008, 03:19 AM) *
rip the nail off and start fresh? thumbsup.gif

Lmao That might hurt.

I usually just wait them out. If it doesn't clear up within a week or so, just go to the doctor.
Joss-eh-lime
ive had an in grown toe nail for like 4 years. just let it alone and when you cut your toe nails cut them straight across, dont round off the sides.
Maccabee
QUOTE(kreios @ May 31 2008, 02:19 AM) *
rip the nail off and start fresh? thumbsup.gif

I had a friend who had to get surgery for her toe.
And dont do this! If you do, then the toe which has something wrong with it will start curling down into your flesh and youll have to get your toe cut off.
Good advice thomas...
jk.
sixfive
cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Nasty111
Monstrous Thanks For man,which adviced in forum Cospofugin liquid.I have removed about 30% of nail at home without pain and blood,tumor of toe's skin are decreased. The chemistry's website,where i have bought Cospofugin liquid 5ml,www.euroaptieka.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.