Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Layout Help
Forums > Resource Center > Designers' Café
ThaSweetHart
Does anyone know the correct dimensions for the background image of a layout so that it doesn't begin to repeat itself?
synatribe
there is none because as you add content its bound to repeat itself, unless you make a pattern
rockable
he said it all!
Smarmosaur
^look above. :]

however, you should know that you can stop the image from repeating (and you can position it) through your CSS.

CODE
background-image: url(linkage);
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: whatever;}

replace "whatever" with one of the following:
top left
top center
top right
center left
center center
center right
bottom left
bottom center
bottom right

not that if you only enter one keyword, the second word will automatically be center, although most of the time this doesn't matter. :]
fixtatik
do you mean putting a background image on a website that fills the entire screen without repeating? it's impossible to say, because everyone has different monitor sizes.

a safe resolution to use for large backgrounds is 1280x800, as that's what a lot of people have these days. basically, what you can do is put your image in the center of a file that size, then gradient fade the edges to a solid color. your code would look something like this:
CODE
body { background:#[HEX COLOR OF SOLID BACKGROUND] url(LINK TO IMAGE) top center no-repeat fixed; }
vanloves2talk
:unsure:ID NAME Help... I need help evertytime i put my id name in it no9t working how do i fix that..plz someone help me _unsure.gif cry.gif
karmakiller
^ What exactly do you need help with? Is it a Myspace issue, because then you would want to post in the Myspace Support Forum.

But make sure that you read the pinned topics first:
http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=202366

thumbsup.gif
Tung
I would have to say about 1200x800

or 1000x640 or something of that sort. if anything just check out this image.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.