Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: animal testing
Forums > Community Center > Debate
shaunxx
so, today. out english class started a debate on animal testing. i was assigned to the the pro testing group. i was a bit frustrated to hear the anti-testing group's comments.

"oh your hurting animals."
- don't you hurt animals when you eat meat? i mean if you against hurting animals, then you should skip meat altogether. i am aware that there are vegetarians and vegans that say this. but when you eat meat and go as far to say this wouldnt that be just plain out hypocritical?

then they go on to say that
"you're killing them"
- but by reasearch we can save more lives and prevent diseases, not only in humans but also in animals.

okay.

what are your opinions?
synatribe
to tell the truth [in my opinion] we shouldnt have animal testing to a certain level, it is true that we eat animals but thats just slaughther so the animal wont feel pain for long but animal testing is animal torture, if you look more into depth on animal testing then you will know why some of the testing is not necessary, like some scentist "double check" if you know what I mean, and I have seen some animal testing videos and they are horrendous, after the 1st day of testing I wouldnt even consider then animals, more like robots because the scientist are getting the results they want from the testing but they continue to do it and i think a better answer for your friends who were anti, would have been that animal testing is paid out of government taxes, so when we pay and extra 8 cents to buy a certian thing, a portion of that money is going to testing which could be the reason why we have so much useless testing because like any other person the scientist are after the money :]
emberfly
Ummmmm... ya sure test on em.
karmakiller
Moved to Debate.

Killing animals for food is a way that the world keeps in balance. A documentary film maker filming in the wild does not intervine with nature and jump in to save the lions prey.

I do, however, find animal testing cruel. Unless the product it's self is going to be intended for animal use, there really isn't a need to test it on an animal.
shoryuken
QUOTE(shaunxx @ May 27 2008, 09:49 PM) *
so, today. out english class started a debate on animal testing. i was assigned to the the pro testing group. i was a bit frustrated to hear the anti-testing group's comments.

"oh your hurting animals."
- don't you hurt animals when you eat meat? i mean if you against hurting animals, then you should skip meat altogether. i am aware that there are vegetarians and vegans that say this. but when you eat meat and go as far to say this wouldnt that be just plain out hypocritical?

then they go on to say that
"you're killing them"
- but by reasearch we can save more lives and prevent diseases, not only in humans but also in animals.

okay.

what are your opinions?

u winnaaa no wattt moii gittaa say...

u winnaa no.. stubborn.gif

well... rite noww.. alll u ppll datt sayy shiett alll da NUB crapp inn hurr alll dumass... so wenn u gitt moo ppll in hurr n sayy sumthangg goodd denn moi telll u wat moii gittaa sayy.. stubborn.gif
QUOTE(karmakiller @ May 28 2008, 01:24 AM) *
Moved to Debate.

Killing animals for food is a way that the world keeps in balance. A documentary film maker filming in the wild does not intervine with nature and jump in to save the lions prey.

I do, however, find animal testing cruel. Unless the product it's self is going to be intended for animal use, there really isn't a need to test it on an animal.

u noo ritee.. stubborn.gif... tongue.gif
NoSex
QUOTE(karmakiller @ May 28 2008, 12:24 AM) *

What about the totality of biomedical science? Almost all of our biomedical understanding has casually preceded scientific animal research (often involving animal psychic and physical death). For example, the cure for Polio was derived and made possible by animal testing - without it, millions and millions more people would be dieing still to this day. Our modern medicine is reliant on animal testing, and... if you argue that animal testing is only justified in cases in which the end-product is intended for "animal use," I would like to emphasize the fact that human beings are also animals.
shoryuken
QUOTE(NoSex @ Jun 9 2008, 03:58 PM) *
What about the totality of biomedical science? Almost all of our biomedical understanding has casually preceded scientific animal research (often involving animal psychic and physical death). For example, the cure for Polio was derived and made possible by animal testing - without it, millions and millions more people would be dieing still to this day. Our modern medicine is reliant on animal testing, and... if you argue that animal testing is only justified in cases in which the end-product is intended for "animal use," I would like to emphasize the fact that human beings are also animals.

noopee.. NUB... laugh.gif tongue.gif

mipadi
I don't agree with animal testing, because then animal trainers just "teach for the test", and animals miss out on a lot of important lessons. I think we should get rid of all animal testing requirements, and just let trainers use their best judgment in teaching.
shoryuken
QUOTE(mipadi @ Jun 11 2008, 12:43 PM) *
I don't agree with animal testing, because then animal trainers just "teach for the test", and animals miss out on a lot of important lessons. I think we should get rid of all animal testing requirements, and just let trainers use their best judgment in teaching.

ye... litt alll daa pppll dyee... rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
Spirited Away
QUOTE(PrIncEoFSeXaPpeAL @ May 28 2008, 02:57 PM) *
u winnaaa no wattt moii gittaa say...

u winnaa no.. stubborn.gif
well... rite noww.. alll u ppll datt sayy shiett alll da NUB crapp inn hurr alll dumass... so wenn u gitt moo ppll in hurr n sayy sumthangg goodd denn moi telll u wat moii gittaa sayy.. stubborn.gif

u noo ritee.. stubborn.gif... tongue.gif

QUOTE(PrIncEoFSeXaPpeAL @ Jun 11 2008, 01:14 PM) *
ye... litt alll daa pppll dyee... rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

I..... I don't get it cry.gif Is it English?
ToxicTaco
^ yeah let all the people die. :puke:

We should be careful about what we test on animals. Universal things like shampoo and stuff like that I think is ok.
Other things like medications should not be tested on animals
NoSex
QUOTE(Katalyzt @ Jun 13 2008, 02:23 PM) *
Universal things like shampoo and stuff like that I think is ok.
Other things like medications should not be tested on animals

1. Shampoo is not "universal."
2. Medications actually need to be tested on animals.
3. If we don't test medications we can't be sure that they are safe for human consumption.
4. Further, we can't develop new medicine unless we have a realistic biological model to work off of (i.e. animals).
karmakiller
I am not too sure why we would test shampoos on animals. Personally, what we test on them isn't the issue with me, but it is how some of the animals have been treated.
iiTsDAYNA
Testing on animals is just plain wrong. I've always been hugely against it. Animals suffer the same way we do; they fear, feel pain and suffer just like us.
Do animals wear mascara in the wild? They don't therefore why should they be forced to endure the pain because their eyes are not the same as ours.

Animals systems are not the same, and therefore act differently to medicine. Therefore, putting out faulty results. Its unscientific and we can not accurately apply the results to humans.

Bottom line: ITS CRUEL.

shoryuken
QUOTE(iiTsDAYNA @ Jul 13 2008, 08:14 PM) *
Testing on animals is just plain wrong. I've always been hugely against it. Animals suffer the same way we do; they fear, feel pain and suffer just like us.
Do animals wear mascara in the wild? They don't therefore why should they be forced to endure the pain because their eyes are not the same as ours.

Animals systems are not the same, and therefore act differently to medicine. Therefore, putting out faulty results. Its unscientific and we can not accurately apply the results to humans.

Bottom line: ITS CRUEL.

STFUU NUBB.. laugh.gif laugh.gif

mangg.. princc winnaa eet datt dogg..mad.gif
iiTsDAYNA
Registered Jul 29, 2005

COMPARED TO:

Registered Oct 30, 2007

Who's the Noob?
pandemonium
that's just wrong... animal testing is just one cruel punishment...
if ppl are so eager to find the solution for something why don't they just test them on themselves or other ppl... what would you feel if you were the one being tested on? huh?

yeahh bet you wouldn't like that, because if it were wrong then you would be all messed up or deformed
shoryuken
QUOTE(iiTsDAYNA @ Jul 13 2008, 08:28 PM) *
Registered Jul 29, 2005

COMPARED TO:

Registered Oct 30, 2007

Who's the Noob?

uhh YUUUUUUuuUuUuuuuuuuUuuUuuuuuuuuuUuUuUuuUuUUuUUUUUuuuuu stubborn.gif stubborn.gif
QUOTE(rockguy @ Jul 13 2008, 08:47 PM) *
that's just wrong... animal testing is just one cruel punishment...
if ppl are so eager to find the solution for something why don't they just test them on themselves or other ppl... what would you feel if you were the one being tested on? huh?

yeahh bet you wouldn't like that, because if it were wrong then you would be all messed up or deformed

EY.. u gaayy r watt.. shifty.gif shifty.gif laugh.gif
pandemonium
wtf, hell no

the question here is.. are you??
shoryuken
QUOTE(rockguy @ Jul 13 2008, 09:54 PM) *
wtf, hell no

the question here is.. are you??

u teell princc.. stubborn.gif stubborn.gif

o ye.. u lill lamee animmall testt crabb lamee..
pandemonium
i think you are

but that's your problem...
shoryuken
u no lykee gaayy ppl r sumthangg.. shifty.gif shifty.gif

o ye.. u no u wron boutt animaall testtenn crabb.. laugh.gif stubborn.gif
pandemonium
did i said that...? i think not

and no i am not wrong
shoryuken
QUOTE(rockguy @ Jul 13 2008, 10:20 PM) *
did i said that...? i think not

and no i am not wrong

BAM bietchh.. u donee SON... u done SON..

round 1 ROCKGUY vs PRINCE boxing.gif boxing.gif

u startt y u thinkk animalll testenn wrongg.. den me tell u whyy u wrong.. wink.gif tongue.gif GOGOGOGO
pandemonium
wtf.. whatever

they get deformed
shoryuken
ppl get deform to.. suu wur u goinn withh diz.. tongue.gif

EY bietchh hurrii da fukk uub... tongue.gif laugh.gif u aintt ginaa WIN vs princee..tongue.gif tongue.gif

pandemonium
but we're the ones causing them and we could stop both(animals & humans)

wait bit*h i have things to do.. i do have a life unlike otherss...
shoryuken
howw we cause them when there animal that deform otha animal.. n human deform otha human.. how any1 ginnaa stopp da cauuse..tongue.gif

kann u telll princc wat da poinntt ANIMMALL TESTENN rockkgaay..

bietchh puh lezz.. u aintt doinn shiet.. stopp lyenn n gitt u @sss bakk in hurr.. laugh.gif laugh.gif
pandemonium
it's natural for animals deforming animals (uh food firamid)
and about humans deforming humans we can start by stop making bombs like the ones that we sent to japan during the cold war that left many ppl deformed
shoryuken
-yes..itt naturall animal deform otha animal fu food.. soo u sayin human deform animals is wrong..huh.gif..

-soo u think that easy human stop deform otha human just stop makin bomb huh.. what about gang members... or the poor ghetto stealin n shootin.. u really think human can stop killin each other... try again my friend..

-u neva ansurr moi quesstionn rockkgaay.. u know the ppointt withh animall testen..
pandemonium
yes..itt naturall animal deform otha animal fu food.. soo u sayin human deform animals is wrong..
yess.. that's the point of the topic "animal testing"

soo u think that easy human stop deform otha human just stop makin bomb huh.. what about gang members... or the poor ghetto stealin n shootin.. u really think human can stop killin each other... try again my friend..
and no this will never stop but if ppl start thinking better it could decrease i mean what is the point of killing someone

and yes, i know the point of animal testing: to test on them so that we could discover many medications and to test make up for the girls but like i said before if they are so eager why don't they test it on themselves
shoryuken
nubb.. tongue.gif
pandemonium
quit editing!!

1 omfg.. yess

2 yes, you have to start thinking "Reasonably" they are all murder-ers, and like i said before point of killing someone... it doesn't bring you power, and if it does what's the point what does power give you and besides even with power ppl are still going to judge you

3 idk that's a hard question to answer.. sometimes i do and sometimes i don't im like a libertal catholic i don't follow some of their rules
shoryuken
NUBB tongue.gif
Tung
Prince wins. clap.gif

worthy.gif
pandemonium
^^STFU this isn't over

1 ppl test on animals chemicals and some die if they don't they end up with deformations

2 yes pple judge everyone but not alot as ppl judge someone who KILLED another HUMAN BEING

3 and what's the point of humans on this so called earth they deserve a life and no they're not here for "testing" they helps in other ways with the environment
Tung
kid who you telling to STFU.

you want to take tung on kid? boxing.gif boxing.gif
pandemonium
^^uhh?? you..
whatever
shoryuken
gg kidd.. niccee tryy.. wink.gif
pandemonium
omfg

1 rolleyes.gif here we go agian sacrifice>like i said before if they(scientist) are so eager to find new things why don't they test them on themselves or other eager ppl...(in other words y dont' they sacrafice themselves) dont you get IT geez

2 yes i am popular, and many ppl have a lot of power and yet they dedicate themselves to philanthropy becuause they care about others and also because they THINK REASONABLY not like selfish ppl

3 ohh suck it up,... this isn't survival of the fittest, we all deserve a chance in this world besides animals can adapt & learn
Tomates
I think its just horrible and wrong.
shoryuken
blah... moii typpee bunchaa shiett.. lool..

GG kidd..
NoSex
Please refrain from spamming in this topic. As this discussion is clearly in complete disregard of debate rules, action may be taken in order to prevent continued abuse.
jaeman
I think we should move on from animal testing to federal and state prisoner testing.
shoryuken
QUOTE(NoSex @ Jul 14 2008, 03:06 PM) *
Please refrain from spamming in this topic. As this discussion is clearly in complete disregard of debate rules, action may be taken in order to prevent continued abuse.

shutt u facee bietchh.. u actt lykee u da shiett cuzz u typee bunchaa shiett huh..

<<< ownn u @sss to.. stubborn.gif stubborn.gif whistling.gif

ownn rockkgayy goodd.. wann princc ownn u to noohoomoosex.. stubborn.gif
shoryuken
QUOTE(jaeman @ Jul 15 2008, 03:28 AM) *
I think we should move on from animal testing to federal and state prisoner testing.

laugh.gif wat..

all the std n shiet aintt ginnaa halpp ppl... laugh.gif
Comptine
Screw the "it's cruel" and "it's inhumane".

Would you sacrifice your legs to save a monkey?

Would you suffer a severe skin irritation to prevent an animal from being tested on?

Would you risk your eyes so an animal wouldn't be needed for cosmetic testing?

shoryuken
QUOTE(Comptine @ Jul 17 2008, 02:11 AM) *
Screw the "it's cruel" and "it's inhumane".

1.Would you sacrifice your legs to save a monkey?

2.Would you suffer a severe skin irritation to prevent an animal from being tested on?

3.Would you risk your eyes so an animal wouldn't be needed for cosmetic testing?

alll princc gittaa saii ezz...

U comppatano... ezz DUM...

dat summ baddd exxaambul... laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.