Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: copyright laws, etcc
Forums > Resource Center > Designers' Café
Melissa
Say I google a picture of the Blue Man Group and vector it, then use it as my site's layout. Is a source credit on my site enough or do I have to ask the original picture's photographer permission to use his image for a vector?
miyashu
depends where it's from. if the image comes from a personal portfolio like deviantart, then you definitely need permission first.
Melissa
What if it comes from the BMG official site?
venti-anemoi
IMO, if the site is official and/or has a gallery for downloadable stuff, I don't think you need to explicitly ask permission unless they specifically tell you to. (Besides, they like the advertising.)
S-Majere
^ Aye.

As long as there are no terms stating that you can NOT take content from their webpage and use it, you should be A-OK. There may even be terms on what and how you can use stuff, in which case make sure to have a quick browse through.

It's always a good idea to leave a link to the source (as Thomas has said, sites appreciate the advertising and you're covering your butt).
Melissa
i figured i should always link; just wanted to be safe than sorry. thanks!
Elba
Melissa, you should go here: http://www.createblog.com/tutorials/tutorial.php?id=299
Insurmountable
^HEY, don't post retarded links in my resource center!

I'll warn you >_>
Elba
lulz
Insurmountable
BAM, what do you have to say now. don't do it again xD

you guys are supposed to do this over in the community forums.
Melissa
sowwy holly. sad.gif

we was just having sum funz
Insurmountable
lol its okay, Its all over with now happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.