Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So the Playoffs are all set.
Forums > Community Center > Interests > Sports
Pages: 1, 2
DoubleJ
Every time I think about playoffs, I think about this:

Ok so here are the west matchups

Lakers vs. Nuggets

Hornets vs Mavs

Spurs vs Suns

Jazz vs Rockets

I like:

The Lakers in 6

Spurs in 5

Jazz in 5

My upset will be the Mavs over the Hornets

There is just too much playoff experience for the Mavs not to do it. If they don't, they should just be labeled chokers forever.

Tung
Lakers in 5
Hornets in 7
Spurs in 6
Jazz in 5
DoubleJ
Yeah, I was struggling with that Lakers series. I gave the nuggets the benefit of the doubt and went with the over. I think the Suns will miss Marion in the playoffs. That Mavs series is definitely going to go 7 though.
Tung
Lakers in 5. Lakers won series 3-0 this season, with average margin of 16 points. Denver doesn't play defense. They will steal one game though. Lakers win 4-1

Hornets might not have experience, but they are a much better team than Dallas. But Dallas, has depth, and will fight hard. But Chris Paul is going to kill Jason kidd, and this game is going to seven games. Hornets win 4-3.

I like the Spurs because they are too good to lose 1st round. Phoenix has proven to be good lately with Shaq. Although Shaq will eventually wear off, and Phoenix doesn't play defense. I like Spurs winning 4-2.

No Yao Ming. No Win. Rafer Alston is out for beginning of this playoff round, so I like Utah. Utah is crazy good, and will kill Rockets in 4-1.
DoubleJ
Of course the Jazz are going to eat the Rockets alive. McGrady is going to go off in this series though.

The Spurs are going to give the Suns all they can handle and then some. Nobody on that team NOBODY can guard Timmy. Ginobli and Parker are just going to run around in the paint all day getting Shaq into foul trouble.

Denver will definitely steal a game, but they have the talent that they should have been able to keep up with the Lakers. When you have two people on your team that can drop 30 a night in their sleep, and still not win, that is a damn shame.

I just can't see the Mavs losing this one, as much as I want Kidd to lose. Whoever wins this series, will be the point guard for team USA in the summer.
Teesa
damn. i wanted the mavs to lose last night so the nuggets could play new orleans. whatever though.

i like new orleans over dallas, but i'm not completely sure about that.

i don't think i'll ever be able to go for the spurs, so i say suns in 7 (crazy, i know.)

what about the east people?? haha, i think boston looks good :) but detroit will be good competition down the stretch.
DoubleJ
Boston vs Hawks

Detroit vs 76ers

Magic vs Raptors

Cavs vs Wizards

The Breakdown:

Boston vs Hawks

Boston in 5. I think the Hawks will manage to steal one game. Boston has that great defense, but the Hawks are hot right now and that has to go for something.

Detroit vs 76ers. Same thing as the Celtics series. I expect both of the Andre's to go off in one game.

Magic vs Raptors

Magic in 6. The Magic will win this series on the strength that they have the better lineup and they are deeper off the bench. The Raptors are struggling with all the injuries and what not, and I can't see them banging down low with Howard for too long.

My upset pick: Wizards over Cavs in 6. Here's the thing. The Cavs have too many liabilities on offense to keep up with all of the firepower of the Wizards. Remember this: While the Cavs were beating them this year, the Wizards didn't have Butler nor Arenas. NOW, they will have both.
Tung
Boston in 5 over Atlanta. I think Atlanta will steal one, over a Mike Bibby buzzer beater.

I think everyone is underestimating the Sixers. They are a very athletic team, and are peaking right now. However, Detroit is too good, so I got Pistons over Sixers in 6.

Toronto is playing like crap right now. I like Orlando as the Dark horse to win the Eastern Conference. I say Orlando in 5 over Raptors.

Cavaliers aren't as good this year. Wizards looking for revenge. This is going to be the best 1st Round East Playoffs. I say Wizards in 7 games.
Tung
1)Lakers - 4
8)Denver - 1
___________________1)Lakers - 4
___________________4)Jazz - 2
4)Jazz - 4
5)Houston - 1
_________________________________1)Lakers - 4
____________________________________________________________1)Lakers
_________________________________3)Spurs - 2
3)Spurs - 4
6)Suns - 2
___________________3)Spurs - 4
___________________2)New Orleans - 3
2)New Orleans - 4
7)Dallas - 3
DoubleJ
Dude no way. The west finals will def go seven.
Tung
Girthy
Mine is similiar, cept I got spurs over lakers, WIZARDS OVER CELTICS YEAH YOU HEARD ME n*gga, and Piston over Wizards, but Spurs of Pistons
stanfieldl7
QUOTE(Tungster @ Apr 17 2008, 04:04 PM) *
1)Lakers - 4
8)Denver - 1
___________________1)Lakers - 4
___________________4)Jazz - 2
4)Jazz - 4
5)Houston - 1
_________________________________1)Lakers - 4
____________________________________________________________1)Lakers
_________________________________3)Spurs - 2
3)Spurs - 4
6)Suns - 2
___________________3)Spurs - 4
___________________2)New Orleans - 3
2)New Orleans - 4
7)Dallas - 3

I think the lakers are gonna take it all also. they look real good right now.
Teesa
soo happy that cleveland managed that win..that one dunk was SIIICK.

i am really, really hoping for the suns to win right now..they were up by 16 points at one time and it's just 7 now sad.gif
Teesa
omg.gif TIM DUNCAN JUST HIT A THREE POINTER. WTF.
DoubleJ
OMG omg.gif omg.gif omg.gif omg.gif DID YOU SEE TIMMY WITH THE 333333333333333333333333333333
Teesa
DOUBLE OT. WHAT IS GOING ON?????????

COME ON PHOENIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
salcha4u
Omg
Auto response from patrick: Spurs are gonna lose

Auto response from salcha4u: suns are gonna lose

EDIT//\
LOLOL HAHAHAAH my friend has to dye his hair blue now.
Teesa
MY TEAMS ALWAYS LOSE cry.gif
DoubleJ
omg instead of the post game, they are going to the gay ass POPE! WTF I S THIS?
salcha4u

Girthy
NOT FUNNY, Spurs > Lakers
salcha4u
NOt even. YOU'RE NOT FUNNY.
Tung
QUOTE(Girthy @ Apr 19 2008, 05:18 PM) *
NOT FUNNY, Spurs > Lakers

I'm sorry Kevin, but you were probably blind, and didn't see who the Spurs were playing. They were playing the Suns, not the Lakers. So I don't see where all this Spurs > Lakers stuff is coming from. Is that bandwagoning already just because the Spurs played an amazing game today? I'll keep my judgments after 3 games at least to claim such bold remarks. And I'm sure the Lakers wouldn't need 2 OT's just to beat the Suns at home. wink.gif
DoubleJ
The Suns are in trouble if they can't run over the Spurs on an off shooting night. Imagine when they actually get it going! Tung, you know that shot Timmy hit was bananas!
Tung
Where did I not say Tim Duncan's amazing three pointer, and Finley's Kobe-esqe three, and Manu's layup game winner, wasn't amazing. It was the best game I've seen since the 2006 Suns-Lakers game where Kobe made the game winner. Instant classic game today. But I'm not going to hop on the Spurs wagon from just one game like Kevin here. I still think this series is going 6-7 games.

As for the Wizards game. The referees screwed the Wizards in the last 3 minutes of the game. Antawn Jamison, and Arenas kept driving to the lane, and getting hacked like crazy, and they get no foul calls. While Lebron gets soft hand touches, and gets the fouls. And how many steps does Lebron takes, 4? Why don't they ever call his traveling. Arenas was amazing today. I expect Wizards to come through. And did anyone see that almost pussy fight between Lebron and Haywood? LOL.

Houston-Dallas game was beyond borringg. Who hired that lady announcer to call the game, with some old pedophile looking dude? Worse game so far. T-Mac can't carry this team. Utah is too good.

Once again, Dallas choked. A 12-point lead, turns into a 12-point deficit. I knew New Orleans is going to take this serious in seven though. Chris Paul was amazing. Dallas is just too mentally weak.

Can't wait for the Lakers-Denver game tomorow. That's the only game worth watching tomorow. The rest are East Coast games, which are madd boring. The only good East Coast series is the Was-Cle series.
Girthy
QUOTE(Tungster @ Apr 20 2008, 01:14 AM) *
I'm sorry Kevin, but you were probably blind, and didn't see who the Spurs were playing. They were playing the Suns, not the Lakers. So I don't see where all this Spurs > Lakers stuff is coming from. Is that bandwagoning already just because the Spurs played an amazing game today? I'll keep my judgments after 3 games at least to claim such bold remarks. And I'm sure the Lakers wouldn't need 2 OT's just to beat the Suns at home. wink.gif

Or it could be the fact that the Lakers have yet to go to the finals since shaq left and that I think the team that has won 3 champions in the last 5 years just might be better. Bandwagon? I dont like the spurs shitstain, just said they were better.
Tung
QUOTE(Girthy @ Apr 20 2008, 02:20 AM) *
Or it could be the fact that the Lakers have yet to go to the finals since shaq left and that I think the team that has won 3 champions in the last 5 years just might be better. Bandwagon? I dont like the spurs shitstain, just said they were better.

What happened to your Warriors again? Oh that's right, they didn't even make the playoffs.
Tung
Lakers win baby! cool.gif

Iverson gets thrown out.
Kobe goes off for 32 points, even with an off-shooting night 9-26 FG
Gasol beasted with 36 Points, 16 Rebounds, 8 Assists
Lamar Odom with 17 Points, 14 Rebounds

Lakers are too good. Too many weapons. If this continue, this could be a sweep for the Lakers. But I'm still going to be humble and say Lakers got this in 5 games.
DoubleJ
Congrats Lakers! I saw the game, and Gasol went off in that one.
Teesa
screw the lakers. JK.

but WOW, philly is doing so well!! yes!!
Tung
SIXERS WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My prediction that this series is going six games is looking good.

edit: don't be mad that your denver lost teesa. tongue.gif
Teesa
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
Elba
QUOTE(Tungster @ Apr 20 2008, 02:21 AM) *
What happened to your Warriors again? Oh that's right, they didn't even make the playoffs.

haha pwn
Elba
QUOTE(Tungster @ Apr 20 2008, 03:03 PM) *
Lakers win baby! cool.gif

Iverson gets thrown out.
Kobe goes off for 32 points, even with an off-shooting night 9-26 FG
Gasol beasted with 36 Points, 16 Rebounds, 8 Assists
Lamar Odom with 17 Points, 14 Rebounds

Lakers are too good. Too many weapons. If this continue, this could be a sweep for the Lakers. But I'm still going to be humble and say Lakers got this in 5 games.

Woo lakers are my fav
DoubleJ
That Lakers series is looking more like a sweep now. Denver has the scorers of the bench, but the no defense will kill them.
Elba
QUOTE(Tungster @ Apr 20 2008, 05:47 PM) *
SIXERS WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My prediction that this series is going six games is looking good.

edit: don't be mad that your denver lost teesa. tongue.gif

woo go 6ers!
Girthy
QUOTE(Tungster @ Apr 20 2008, 02:21 AM) *

lmao, you bring in the Warriors as if they were my balls, but I shouldn't be upset since that is the only knowledge you do know of.
Tung
QUOTE(Girthy @ Apr 21 2008, 09:18 PM) *
lmao, you bring in the Warriors as if they were my balls, but I shouldn't be upset since that is the only knowledge you do know of.

Maybe because you were all over the Warriors dick when they still were 8th seed, and had a good lead over Denver in the standings. Then they fell out, and you back off.
michellerrific
Hopefully this is the start of the best trend in Laker history. A win for Game 1 usually leads to a win of the round.

I get super aggressive during playoff season. I can't wait til tomorrow D: Or is it on Wednesday?
Girthy
QUOTE(Tungster @ Apr 21 2008, 09:21 PM) *
Maybe because you were all over the Warriors dick when they still were 8th seed, and had a good lead over Denver in the standings. Then they fell out, and you back off.

No shit, why would I talk about a team that isnt playing.
Tung
And that's what bandwagoning means.
Teesa
laugh.gif

QUOTE(Autobahn @ Apr 22 2008, 12:30 AM) *
Hopefully this is the start of the best trend in Laker history. A win for Game 1 usually leads to a win of the round.

I get super aggressive during playoff season. I can't wait til tomorrow D: Or is it on Wednesday?

tomorrow (wednesday!) i have a stupid dinner thing i need to go to and will miss a lot of it grr.gif

tonight..spurs and suns, game 2. again, i'll miss like an hour or so, but i am so super excited for it!
Teesa
OHSNAP, new orleans is on fiiiiiiire. i must say, i thought dallas would take this one, but after watching a few minutes, that thought was sure out the window.

orlando sneaked outta their game.

phoenix is up at the half, but something just tells me that sa will come back somehow..damn them. ginobili elbowed nash in the ribs sad.gif i don't know how that's relevant, but i'm saying it anyways.
Teesa
i swear, if phoenix loses again tonight...hammer.gif
Tung
Teesa
THE SPURS ARE THE BIGGEST FREAKING FLOPPERS THAT I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. EVER.
Tung
Poor sixers. They overachieved, and did more than the Phoenix Suns! So good job to the sixers. I'm proud. they have a bright future.

Man who's ready for the second round?

New Orleans vs San Antonio. I say San Antonio in 7.

Orlando vs Detroit . this is a toss up for me.
DoubleJ
San Antonio in 7 sounds about right. The teams are so evenly matched, that it will be a fun series. The Lakers in 6 over Utah, although, if Utah continues its streaky road game play, the Lakers may sweep it.

Seeing the Celtics struggle against the Hawks, lets me know right now, that they aren't ready for Detroit.
Teesa
new orleans in 7 (i hope) and lakers in 5.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.