Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ex-boyfriend.
Forums > Community Center > Relationships
pinacoolada
We broke up about 8 months ago. A month after we broke up, we were sorta complicated...cause we still had feelings for each other.
This went on till February. During this time and the time we dated, we grew really close and realized that we have a lot in common and that we understand each other more than anyone else can.

My ex-boyfriend soon became my best friend, and occassionally, we were more than that. But that ended about 2 months ago. The "more than friends thing". We had a lot of fights, didn't talk for days, but somehow, we just can't get away, and we keep coming back. We're still best friends as of today.

He told me 2 weeks ago that he doesn't have feelings for me that way anymore. Nothing really changed between us. Except the lack of physical contact. We still hang out alone and talk on the phone every night.
I obviously still have feelings for him. Which is not good right? Right. The obvious solution would be to get over him right? Yeah. I guess...

Well here's the problem. In order for that to happen, I'll have to stop talking to him. Completely. That's gonna be really hard for both of us. We're really dependent on each other, and our friendship means so much to me. I know it means a lot to him too.

So yeah. I don't know what to do. I'm stuck. If there are other ways to go about doing things, please don't hesistate to share. I'm completely lost. I don't wanna lose my best friend. I'd miss it too much. He's so...cute..XD We share a locker and everyday, he leaves me notes and stuff. Ughhhh.

Thanks.
karmakiller
I think this is a great example of why people shouldn't be friends with their exes (that spelling looks really wrong), esspecially close friends. If you really want to get over him, but don't want him out of your life, slowly start limiting your contact with him. Maybe try to talk to him about it? Let him know it isn't a personal thing, but something that you have to do for you. Sounds cheesey, I know. But if you do meet another guy, don't you think it would be a little awkward if you were best friends with your ex?
Edwinbarkhordarian
just keep talking to him and you guys will be friends with benefits :P
transcendentalism
I think I'm in the later stage of what you're in right now.

Eventually, you guys are probably going to realize that codependency is not the way to go, especially with exes. When one person still has feelings, that just makes it all the more complicated.

Do you want to get over this guy or not?
Sprague
If you want to get over the guy, you have to limit your time talking to him. How are you supposed to get over him if you're still talking to, and being around, him? You don't have to completely lose him. You can still be friends, but distance yourself from him. I know it'll be hard, but its in your best interest if you don't want feelings for him anymore. Try hanging out with a new group of people, or going out with your girlfriends. Or try something that gets your mind off of him. Talk to him and tell him this bugs you, and that you want to limit your time together to maybe one phone call a day.
Melie
another idea is to get your own locker. why share when all it'll do to you is have you think about him again. and what if you found a note addressed to him from another girl in there? you don't need to make it harder on yourself to get over him. you spend more time away from each other, you'll be able to have great conversations on the phone and it'll make those feelings start to go away and allow you to see others.
aaayotiffany
QUOTE(karmakiller @ Apr 7 2008, 08:19 PM) *
I think this is a great example of why people shouldn't be friends with their exes (that spelling looks really wrong), esspecially close friends. If you really want to get over him, but don't want him out of your life, slowly start limiting your contact with him. Maybe try to talk to him about it? Let him know it isn't a personal thing, but something that you have to do for you. Sounds cheesey, I know. But if you do meet another guy, don't you think it would be a little awkward if you were best friends with your ex?

i agree. because you're dependent on his company. if you limit your contact with him, you'll be able to find other people. talk to other people more, and meet new people. you won't forget him and you'll still be friends, but at least you'll be happier without feeling bad talking to him knowing he doesn't have feelings for you but you do.

a good start would actually be to get your own locker. like melie said.

i actually prefer not to be friends with my ex-boyfriends and my boyfriend especially prefers it too. lol. its just better that way, i don't think i could ever develop feelings for my exes just because i know how they turned out and how good i have it with my current boyfriend. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
pinacoolada
NEVERMIND. Problem solved ._.
We talked about it. It's alright. Thanks for all your help!
transcendentalism
Is it okay if I close this?
pinacoolada
yeah go ahead.
Castaway
so what happened? if you don't mind telling us. I'm just curious haha.
transcendentalism
PMs are mad cool. ;)
sorry, i totally forgot to close this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.