Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jason Kidd Trade to Mavericks
Forums > Community Center > Interests > Sports
LovableGullible
I'm a Dallas Mavericks fan, so id thought i wanted some opinions on this just in general, but is it just me or since the Jason Kidd trade the Dallas Mavericks can't do anything? Seriously I think they just hyped up Jason Kidd because in my opinion he's seriously over-rated. What do you think, do you think the Mavericks made a mistake in getting Jason Kidd?
brooklyneast05
jason kidd is my favorite. sucks to see him to go to the mavs though
Tung
With a talent and a hall of famer he is, and a new team, it takes alot of adjustment time. Also Avery Johnson hasn't really adapted Jason Kidd's game to his style of coaching as well.

And screw the Mavs, they are done yall. loool.gif

Lakers own yall. Hahahahahaha.
DoubleJ
The Nets definitely got the better of that deal. While Kidd is definitely a good point guard, I doubt he is even the 5th best in the west.

CP3
D. Williams
Tony Parker
Steve Nash
B. Diddy

When I think of a complete point guard, they have to be able to score as well as do the other things that point guards do. Devin Harris is going to be good for a very long time. The fact that the Nets got not one but two frdp's for Kidd is sick.
Tung
yeah devin harris was better for the nets. kidd is getting old. but kidd is a hall of famer for sure. dude is a walking triple double and use to be an all defender. he might not be top 5 anymore, but he's a hall of famer who led the nobody nets to two straight finals.

DoubleJ
Of course, and I just like the rest of the Nets fans owe him a lot. With that being said, him running Byron Scott out of town, did more harm than good. Harris is definitely a better fit for them, because they needed to get more athletic and youthful and clear cap room.
Tung
nets need to get rid of vince carter. dude is garbage man.
DoubleJ
The nets shoud've bit on that deal of crawford and I think it was nate robinson or randolph for carter. I know it was crawford and somebody else though.
Teesa
i think jason kidd is okay, but the trade has clearly not done dallas well. he's a great defender and all, but i've always thought that he was one of the streakiest shooters. i dunno, we'll see if they even make it to the playoffs!
DoubleJ
Streaky is being nice for Kidd. I think that Kidd will bring some toughness to the Mavs, but CLEARLY, they shouldn't have given up Diop in that deal. I mean we (The Nets) really screwed the mavs on that trade. If the Mavs do get to the playoffs, They would probably have to play the lakers or spurs in the first round...sucks to be dallas right now.
Girthy
no offense, but i hate the mavs, i would love to slap jason terry and mark cuban
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.