Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Damn"
Forums > Community Center > Academia > Writing
Melissa
Damn…

It was no easy task trying to balance five large glasses of water on a single tray in his left hand as he carried two plates in his right. Especially when the restaurant was as busy as it was tonight.

Holding his breath, he eyed his target - table number fifteen - and stepped forward just as a little boy with glasses and a toy dinosaur in his hand dashed out in front of him.

Everything toppled to the ground with a splash, a crack, a shatter, a bang, and a chorus of "Oh my god's!" from the patrons sitting closest to him.

The only thing that came out of his mouth was: "Damn!"

---------------------------------

She was gorgeous. Unbelievably so. Her hair was dark, long, and wavy, hanging down to the curve of her waist, her skin was smooth, unblemished, and touchable, her curves an accentuated hourglass.

When he saw her, he nudged his buddy in the ribs.

"What?" his friend asked, irritated.

"Check that out," he smirked, pointing at the girl. His friend turned to look.

Slow smile.

"Daaamn."

She had filet mignon in her hair and mashed potatoes on her designer shirt. The shock of the food hitting her had been a silent one - the scream died in her throat as she jumped back in her seat, toppling it over.

It caught a busboy in the back and he dropped the tray of dirty dishes.

Silence reigned the air after the plates had finished shattering, the forks finished banging - it was deafening.

Then everything happened at once.

"What the hell is your problem?"

"Sorry, miss!"

"Oy, Mario, I need a mop here, pronto."

"Oh my … "

"Really, miss, I'm very sorry."

"MARIO!!"

The hostess in the front of the restaurant glanced over at the scene and widened her eyes.

"Damn," she chuckled to herself, then turned back to the front entrance where two teenage boys were waiting to be seated.

"I'd tap that," Danson jabbed his friend in the ribs again. Aaron rolled his eyes.

"Twenty bucks says she'll shoot you down."

Danson looked at the exotic, Asian hostess - who was currently distracted by some commotion going on in the restaurant (there were loud noises and some screaming) - once again and the corner of his lip pulled up.

"You're on."

The hostess suddenly turned back to them, electrifying smile pasted on her slick, pink lips. "How many?"

"Just us two," Danson replied, stepping forward. He opened his mouth again, ready to dazzle her, but she raised a perfectly arched eyebrow at him.

"I've got a boyfriend."

"Damn," he muttered.

She helped him take the broken plates with what would have been a delicious previously frozen prime rib and prepackaged green beans meal back to the kitchen.

Bernardo, the dishwasher, looked at the mess and laughed, slapping his fat thigh.

"Boss ain't gonna like that," he jibed and Craig, the waiter, glowered at him before chucking a dirty fork at his head.

Bernardo hurtled out of the way and accidentally bumped into Lauren, who was holding the remains of the steak in her hand. She slipped and the steaks rubbed against her white shirt, causing a questionable looking stain.

"Damn!" she exclaimed, glaring at Craig and Bernardo, who were laughing hysterically.

The irate customers were shouting at him and he blinked at them, holding back the urge to roll his eyes. Today was definitely one of the rockier days of managing Charlie's, his father's restaurant turned franchise.

"I'm very sorry, ma'am, the meal will be on the house - "

"Don't bother," the puffy-haired woman snorted, pointing her button-nose into the air. "We don't plan on dining here ever again!"

With that, she left with her party of two in a huff.

He glanced after them and slowly breathed out, rubbing his forehead in exhaustion.

"Damn, what a day," he sighed.

--------------------------------------------

A/N: I wrote that a really, really long time ago back when I actually had time to write. ><
RiddleMeWonders
Totally different and awesome. You should find some more time.
Ekay
I'm blown away. I think you should find more time to write like RiddleMeWonders said.
absinthe
Seriously, FIND THE TIME. laugh.gif This was great to read.
Tramatize
Damn! These were pretty good! and i don't like these types of things. lol
You should find the time if you can, because these are really fun to read!
superstitious
Haha, totally fun. I hate to echo, but you really should FIND TIME. xD

The mood change with "She had filet mignon in her hair and mashed potatoes on her designer shirt." had me laughing. Then the chaos ensued. Really fun stuff. =)
batman
haha, thanks guys.

wow, i totally forgot i posted this here. my writing always embarrasses me. i never let people i know read my shit.
dosomethin888
Very cool. I usually get uninterested in a story after a few words.. but these kept me reading.
CrotchetTheLeper
I really love how you set this up. This was very enjoyable. :D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.