Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: durian's stinkiness
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Food
queen
so i thought this was cute:
click to enlarge
moninja
LOL hella cute. i throb.gif durian though...even if it makes everything stink ]:
Crash2
I find it funny how it's banned in some public places in different parts of Asia.

Edit// I looked up durian on Wikipedia and saw that sign from the first post on the page. laugh.gif
Just_Dream
Aww how come there's no numerical value for the fine against Durian? D:

DUDE I LOVE DURIAN. devil.gif
tokyo-rose
Ahaha. Durian doesn't actually smell THAT bad if you've had it a few times. I like the taste.
Melissa
kinda like stinky tofu :(
tokyo-rose
Never had stinky tofu.
Gigi
Stinky tofu literally smells like shit.

Durian just smells like rotten fruit.

I can't get over the smell of either of them, and so I can't eat them without feeling really sick. My aunt really likes durian though.
Flaunted
I think i'm okay with the smell of Durian, but i'm still not all into it's taste.
aaayotiffany
lmaooooo. laugh.gif
ugh, i hate durian. stubborn.gif
Just_Dream
QUOTE(Synesthesia @ May 8 2008, 05:28 PM) *
Ahaha. Durian doesn't actually smell THAT bad if you've had it a few times. I like the taste.

Although it does leave a lingering after-smell, but I like the sweet smell of it when it's all ripe and just freshly split open. Mmmm. I love the taste! :D You know what I'm talking about! victory.gif
moorepocket
durain smells good. It only smells bad if you can't eat it.
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(Just_Dream @ May 9 2008, 12:19 AM) *
Although it does leave a lingering after-smell, but I like the sweet smell of it when it's all ripe and just freshly split open. Mmmm. I love the taste! :D You know what I'm talking about! victory.gif

Let's be the only two durian-loving people here. aniwink.gif
AimeeLynn
It stinks and it has an alright taste to it
moorepocket
two?
moninja
lol the smell isn't actually that bad, i agree. my brother HATES durian, he doesn't even wanna smell it or he'll complain. durian throb.gif
moorepocket
i love the durian smoothie at restaurant.
Just_Dream
I had a durian shake w/ boba yesterday at a pho restaurant (ewww pho) and it was sooooo good. T_T

Synesthesia - happy.gif YEA! :D
tokyo-rose
Did the durian shake smell bad?

Yay! My durian buddy.
Sprague
I heard about durian from Anthony Bourdain's show, haha. He made me want to try it! :D Although I'm slightly afraid to, with what everyone that's anti-durian has said in this thread.
LoveToMySilas
Poor durians. People make them seem so bad. I don't really like the fruit itself but I do love the ice cream. _smile.gif It doesn't smell THAT bad!
moorepocket
QUOTE(Just_Dream @ May 13 2008, 05:31 PM) *
I had a durian shake w/ boba yesterday at a pho restaurant (ewww pho) and it was sooooo good. T_T
Synesthesia - happy.gif YEA! :D

i love pho restaurant. My favorite drink is "che ba mau".
Just_Dream
QUOTE(moorepocket @ May 15 2008, 09:10 PM) *
i love pho restaurant. My favorite drink is "che ba mau".

Yea that drink is pretty good. I also like sam bo luong (I think that's how it's spelled?). But omg durian shake.....

OMG DURIAN ICE CREAM. I MUST GET THAT WHEN I GO TO 99 RANCH MARKET NEXT TIME!
moninja
^THEY HAVE DURIAN ICE CREAM?!

i kinda wanna try durian bubble tea now
moorepocket
QUOTE(Just_Dream @ May 16 2008, 07:15 AM) *
Yea that drink is pretty good. I also like sam bo luong (I think that's how it's spelled?). But omg durian shake.....

my mom can make "sam bo luong".
datass
ooo
there's this durian crepe i tried the other time, really good.
Insurmountable
haha thats funny, I remember watching the travel channel and this guy went to farm that raised these things and he almost fainted when they opened it. So funny.
shoryuken
mee thinkkk boutt takee sum durriann outt da pubblicc n justt holdd itt arrounddd whitee n blakk ppll... loool.gif loool.gif

HAHAHAHAHAH c wat ppll say..
bbyxchinq
QUOTE(Just_Dream @ May 16 2008, 04:15 AM) *

OMFG. DURIAN ICE CREAM <3333. thumbsup.gif
iDecay
QUOTE(Just_Dream @ May 16 2008, 04:15 AM) *

I've never had a durian shake! I've only had one with avocado. D: You get EVERYTHING at 99, Christina! tongue.gif

Yeah.. I like durian. It's because I'm so damn Viet. whistling.gif
Just_Dream
QUOTE(tininja @ Jun 1 2008, 07:30 PM) *
I've never had a durian shake! I've only had one with avocado. D: You get EVERYTHING at 99, Christina! tongue.gif

It's better than going to this one Vietnamese grocery store, called Vien Dong, which is smelly and ghetto. =X 99 Ranch also has a fresh bakery, which I haven't seen at all the Viet Dong's that I've been to.
synthase
In Cambodia (or was it Thailand?), Durian is used as perfume and surprisingly, men just LOVE it- can't get enough of it.
Basically your 'Ralph Lauren' in Cambodia. XD

Hmm..never been a fan of just plain durian but I DO love FRIED DURIAN. wooot.
mmhmichelle
I hate durian.
My dad used to make me eat it,and right after he gave it to me,
I'd go to the bathroom and spit it all out.
Gross.
Just_Dream
Damn, I miss my childhood days, where we'd have durian every 2 weeks or so. :[ I wish Tony liked it too. cry.gif
fagget
QUOTE(Reconditee @ May 14 2008, 11:42 AM) *
I heard about durian from Anthony Bourdain's show, haha. He made me want to try it! :D Although I'm slightly afraid to, with what everyone that's anti-durian has said in this thread.

SO DID I!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.