ThunderEvermore
What a day so far.

Brian Campbell goes to the Sharks
Brad Richards goes to the Stars
Caps pick up Cristobal Huet!!!

I'm excited.

Reactions, thoughts, predictions?
stephinika
The Canucks lost Cooke. sad.gif Sigh. Ah well.

Thats all I know. =p
ThunderEvermore
Yeaahhh and the Caps got him. Never heard of him personally. But I'm hoping he's a good replacement for Pettinger.

How about the Pens picking up Hossa?

I hate Hossa, and the fact that he's on Pittsburgh now makes me hate him even more.
JokeInsideJoke
^ why dont you like pittsburgh?
ThunderEvermore
Well I mean theyre one of our rivals.

Plus Crosby.

And now Hossa.
JokeInsideJoke
^ OoOoOoOooOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOO
i like Crosby!!!!

ThunderEvermore
As a Caps fan I hold loyalty to Ovechkin, haha.
JokeInsideJoke
^^ i know how you feel.
althought our captin, lidstrom, i could care less about. i never really liked him all that much
ThunderEvermore
Yeah I generally like all my guys. But the ones that have the most personality on the ice are probably my favs. Kolzig, Ovy, Green, Semin, etc.

Looks like the pick up of Huet was a good call for the Caps. We shut out the Devils 4-0. Ovy another night without a point.
Gigi
f**king traded Cooke.

WTF?!?!
stephinika
^^
I know. Bleh. Oh well. It's weird hearing Pettinger being said by the announcer guy and stuff.
ThunderEvermore
I wish I could hear Cooke's name but unfortunately they stopped airing Comcast Sportsnet from Washington here.
JokeInsideJoke
f**k! the Wings lost again!
ThunderEvermore
Well trades prove a plus once again as the Caps take a 10-2 victory over the Bruins.

Yes, that was a 1-0, ten, two digits.

Cooke with a goal and two assists
Huet with a gorgeous first two periods. (He was replaced by Kolzig, with a spotless third period I might add, due to back spasms)

4 power play goals, wow. A hat trick from Ovy and 2 assists, vaulting him over Malkin for the lead in points and solidifying his lead in goals.

Backstrom gets a goal and 3 assists, pushing him back into the lead over Patrick Kane for rookies.

Wow. What a night.
JokeInsideJoke
for you, mabey!
yrrnotelekktric
go sharks.

XD.gif
JokeInsideJoke
boo!!!! thumbdown.gif

:)
yrrnotelekktric
^LOL, are you BOO ing at me?!
JokeInsideJoke
yeah, i am. what are you going to due about it?!
lmao
yrrnotelekktric
haha, i dont know.

the sharks are in overtime and its tied

sharks won.
ThunderEvermore
Poor Ottawa.
JokeInsideJoke
RED WINGS BEAT THE BLUES INTO THE ICE LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ThunderEvermore
It's the Blues. Honestly.
JokeInsideJoke
the blues are some tought compotition
Teesa
we just got forsberg and foote back throb.gif
but it sucks that they are injured already. cry.gif
ThunderEvermore
That was kinda funny.

Especially since now I can rub it in the Flyers fans faces that they don't have Forsberg anymore. Haha
Teesa
uhmm no, it was certainly NOT funny stubborn.gif

wellll, at least we're atop our division :)
ThunderEvermore
Soooo it's getting ever closer to the playoffs. Anywhere from 4-6 games left for some teams.

Predictions?
JokeInsideJoke
RW shall make it. they are number one!
Teesa
right now, i'm just hoping that the avs snatch a playoff spot~the northwest division is always so freaking tight!
glad they won tonight though..crucial two points.
ThunderEvermore
Well unless the Avs lose the rest of their games, which I guess is possible considering their last two opponents are the Wild and the Canucks, they're pretty set I'm thinking.

I'm just praying for the Bruins and the Flyers to slow the hell down so the Caps can steal 7th or 8th haha.
Teesa
i think we have a good shot against the canucks, but the wild are gonna be tough.

ohh, washington is so close!
ThunderEvermore
I know! And Philly and Boston keep winning! And so do we! It's so frustrating!

But Canes lost tonight. Only 2 points from division leader and 3rd seed!
JokeInsideJoke
good luck to all of your teams. watch for the red wings holding The Cup aniwink.gif
and yeah, wild is a tough team
ThunderEvermore
The Wings are sort of picking up again but they were in a straight slump toward that last leg of the season. My question is can they beat the newly rejuvenated Sharks with the acquisition of Brian Campbell and the ever amazing and consistent Evgeni Nabokov?
Teesa
QUOTE(JokeInsideJoke @ Mar 30 2008, 01:12 AM) *
good luck to all of your teams. watch for the red wings holding The Cup aniwink.gif
and yeah, wild is a tough team

thumbdown.gif

i think the NHL should look over their playoff rules, considering which teams should make it (not just the top eight, or whatever). there are good teams who should make the cut, but just because they are a point lower or something doesn't mean that they shouldn't be in the playoffs.
ThunderEvermore
QUOTE(Teesa @ Mar 30 2008, 01:34 PM) *
thumbdown.gif

i think the NHL should look over their playoff rules, considering which teams should make it (not just the top eight, or whatever). there are good teams who should make the cut, but just because they are a point lower or something doesn't mean that they shouldn't be in the playoffs.

Well I think it makes sense since essentially, even though there are a lot of good teams bubbling around the yellow line, the teams above them are, essentially better, or have performed better overall throughout the season.

Is there really any other way to decide who makes it?
Teesa
i guess not, but i dislike seeing some teams with not that many points making it~but this applies to previous years, not really this year.

ahh, here's an article that was written a few days before about this

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AtPo...o&type=lgns
JokeInsideJoke
QUOTE(ThunderEvermore @ Mar 30 2008, 02:36 PM) *
Is there really any other way to decide who makes it?

i was thinking that to and i dont think there really is, unless you get people to vote but i dont think that would turn out so hot.
ThunderEvermore
QUOTE(Teesa @ Mar 30 2008, 03:32 PM) *
i guess not, but i dislike seeing some teams with not that many points making it~but this applies to previous years, not really this year.

ahh, here's an article that was written a few days before about this

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AtPo...o&type=lgns

That's a bit complicated if you ask me.

Yeah, it sucks that some teams don't make it to the playoffs. Possibly including the Caps as that article states. But, I mean, it essentially means you're not good enough. And if your team has improved to the point where its final surge is as strong as possible, then the next year should be amazing for you.

Like the Caps. I'm praying they make it, I watch the scores every night to see if some teams lose! haha. (PS, thanks Buffalo) But if they don't make it, I chalk it up to a lack of quality coaching in the first 21 games, and a lack of quality goal tending up until the trade deadline. Meanwhile, with the team we have now, we could very well make the playoffs next year and possibly make our mere 2nd appearance in the finals. Of course that is assuming they sign Huet, which would be difficult considering Johnson is signed and Kolzig is the heart of the Capitals. And we keep Fedorov who is kind of aging and possibly retiring. But other than that... Haha.
Teesa
yeah i know, but still :/

i'm so mad that the avs lost in OT when they came back from being down 2-0. i guess it's good that we got at least a point, but we gave them a point as well..urgh.
ThunderEvermore
I love how in the West they've got 5 teams that have clinched playoff spots, and two of the three divisions are clinched.

It just goes to show that the East is not a worse conference, it's just far more competitive, that the bottom six spots are still up for grabs is amazing, and makes for edge of your seat hockey.
Teesa
^mm, i still think the western conference is pretty darn competitive.

YES!!! the avs are IN!!! victory.gif
ThunderEvermore
Wellllll Canes take the lead in the division, with the Caps hot on their trail. If the Caps win tomorrow night, we jump to 7th.

One slip by the Canes and we can take third.
Teesa
ahh, i still can't believe the playoffs start in less than a week! crazy crazy.
ThunderEvermore
I know! Only two games left for the Caps.

Tonight we crush the Lightning.
ThunderEvermore
And then there were 16...

Predictions?
JokeInsideJoke
wht wings had our last game last night happy.gif 4-1
!!!!! i LOVE the playoffs!!!
Teesa
avs all the way baby victory.gif
JokeInsideJoke
pinch.gif pinch.gif pinch.gif pinch.gif pinch.gif pinch.gif

eh... there okay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.