Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crying
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Boys' Locker
Pages: 1, 2
JCLore
There is a massive argument going on at my old school. I visit every now and then and it always seems to be the main topic.
    Girls
  • Alot of girls think its cute
  • but some think its just gay

Guys
  • Alot of guys think its not manly to cry
  • but some think it shows courage

i personally think its ok
transcendentalism
if this is one of the main topics of discussion for your old school, it definitely needs a kick to the face.

i don't find crying cute, nor do i find it 'gay.'
it's a normal human emotion.
Steven
What a dumb topic. Put this in Lifestyles or w/e. gtfo the lounge. Don't even leave a link to the new one, tbh.
miyashu
I also think it's okay for a guy to cry. After all, it's a way for him to let out his stress/anger/whatever. But it's just pathetic if he cries or throws tantrums about little things (unless he's 5 years old; then it's okay).
superficial
I guess it's okay for a guy to cry if it's an extremely sad time, but not constantly crying over stupid shit. -_-'' I don't find crying to be cute, honestly. How could it be cute? Your eyes get all watery and shit. And you basically look like crap.
S-Majere
Moooved to Lifestyle / Boy's Locker.

So long as the guy isn't continually bawling at the drop of a hat, s'alright by my standards. I like a guy to be pretty stoic, but it's alright to show emotion in extreme circumstances; they're guys, not superheroes.

tokyo-rose
Yeah, it's fine for them to cry from time to time, same as girls do.
karmakiller
I think as long as they aren't overly emotional it's okay. But that's the same in my book with girls too.
absinthe
Depends what they're crying about.

My rules for crying are pretty much the same for guys and girls:

Unless you've lost a limb, family member, close friend, or lover -- STFU.
jaeman
QUOTE(agiri @ Feb 9 2008, 09:16 AM) *

That pretty much sums up what I was thinking.
ToxicTaco
QUOTE(agiri @ Feb 8 2008, 06:16 PM) *

no, sometimes they have other reasons.
MissHygienic
What. The. Hell? As if guys aren't allowed to cry. I don't give a shit if people cry, and there are many more reasons why people would cry other than the lost of a dead one.
JokeInsideJoke
it is so...... odd to see a guy cry. but it shows a source of curage with in them. to be able to cry in front a girl (IE you) shows thet they are very comfortable aroung you and you mean alot to them. *sigh* its kind of romantic when you think of it...
xbanana
depends on the reason.
everybody should be able to cry once in awhile.
i don't consider anybody 'gay' or 'baby' if they cry.
if they did they must've had a reason to do so.
yrrnotelekktric
Only if it`s over something drastic. I think it`s hot.
DoubleJ
Some girls say that when a man shows emotion, that it is very sexy, but I never show emotion when I am in public. I believe that if you cry in front of a girl, that shows a sign of weakness.
VaeVictis

It really depends on what he's crying about.

Crying because he's been slapped or hit or something ... unless it was a real, full on punch, I think people might find that odd.

Crying 'cause you've been kicked in the nuts, that's fine.

Crying 'cause of emotional problems, also fine.
illriginal
Sure... over serious physical pain. As far as emotional, it depends.
Reidar
They can do what they want. Me, I haven't cried since I was a baby, and back then, it didn't count because I wasn't even sentient yet. If I were, no way would I have cried.

In fact, I don't even know if I did cry as a baby. I can't remember doing it, so I must not have. When I was born, instead of crying, I probably recited the entire Declaration of Independence.

But no, now, I would never cry over anything.
JokeInsideJoke
QUOTE(Reidar @ Feb 17 2008, 02:47 PM) *
They can do what they want. Me, I haven't cried since I was a baby, and back then, it didn't count because I wasn't even sentient yet. If I were, no way would I have cried.

In fact, I don't even know if I did cry as a baby. I can't remember doing it, so I must not have. When I was born, instead of crying, I probably recited the entire Declaration of Independence.

lmao

do you ever say anything that is truthful?? rolleyes.gif ????
Reidar
That was. I never cry. Crying is like vomiting for feelings.

Also, I don't want to risk drowning microscopic face mites, because I like animals.
JokeInsideJoke
loool.gif
Reidar
I was just lying in bed when all of a sudden I had tears coming down my cheeks, so I punched myself. Then I realized that my tear ducts were just producing basal tears because my eyes were too dry, so I relaxed. That was a close call, but you'll never get me, suckers.

Natural tears for lubrication are okay because if your eyes get too dry they'll roll out of their sockets. Actually, that would be pretty cool, but whatever.
illriginal
QUOTE(Reidar @ Feb 17 2008, 02:47 PM) *

I'm the same exact effin way man... I haven't shed a tear since shit.. I can't even remember, maybe around 6 years old? My mom gave me the meanest beatings I have ever had.

Vacuum hosed my ass while she held me in the freezin effin cold shower.

But I've gotten stitches, broken hand, broken forearm... the list goes on... I take the pain and swallow it good bye.
Reidar
My dad used to beat me and all that, too. One time, when he was about to come and do it I got in a Karate stance and screamed, "MORRRTAL KOMBAAAAAAAAAT!" and then started humming the theme song. It was awesome, although I got hit and locked in the garage. But seriously, that ruled so hard that crying would have ruined it all. Later that night, I dreamed about ninjas jumping out of wedding cakes and throwing shurikens at everybody.
JokeInsideJoke
^^ wow, you two! you have had some pretty tradgic experiances. how do you ever live with yourselves? i know i couldn't........
Reidar
What are you talking about? That was awesome. You must not like Mortal Kombat or something.
SarahxJoy
Crying is totally fine in my book. But it's annoying and irritating as hell when people cry constantly and over the stupidest stuff. Guy or girl, doesn't matter. If you're a sissy crybaby, stay away.
mylittleMiracle
Crying can make you feel better afterwards, so I think it's fine. Both guys and girls have the right to express their emotion at the same way.
DoubleJ
I can't remember the last time I cried. I have just given up on crying overall. I think that when you have become disappointed so many times in life, nothing will surprise you enough to cry over it.
Grixxly
I really find that if I guy cries it shows weakness. Being able to hold in their emotions his something every guy should be able to do after a certain age. However I find it is fine for girls to cry because they don't have to be strong for other people.
vintage-toile
sometimes it can be really really sweet though.
when my boyfriend was very drunk he was with me talking in a room, and cried on my shoulder, saying he was so sorry we argued recently and he will do anything to make everything okay because he loves me.
then he stopped crying, and forgot about that incident the next day
its kind of funny but kind of cute.

but guys who cry when they get hurt...? haha.
shoryuken
rolleyes.gif u suu BS... rolleyes.gif

u crrii enn u slleepp...
ToxicTaco
Some people just have moist eyes. XD.gif
shoryuken
yee.. lill bietchch ppll.. rolleyes.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif
ToxicTaco
get a shrink, get a f**king thorzine injection, then i might actually stop being like this to you.
Anyway, some of the toughest guys in our school have cried (some more than others)
shoryuken
QUOTE(Katalyzt @ Jun 9 2008, 03:30 PM) *
get a shrink, get a f**king thorzine injection, then i might actually stop being like this to you.
Anyway, some of the toughest guys in our school have cried (some more than others)

laugh.gif laugh.gif ... tougghh skooll u guuu 2... tongue.gif

deyy cryy cuzz deyy cuntt b lykee prinn.. cool.gif
ToxicTaco
sure.....

Stick with that egotistical psychomanical freak!
shoryuken
EH.. lol... u dunnoo princc lykee datt kidd...

<< sicckieztt moffoo aallivv.. eyebrowes.gif eyebrowes.gif
ToxicTaco
QUOTE(MikhailKristov @ Jun 10 2008, 07:22 PM) *
Crying is normal, otherwise why would we be born with this function?

Good point.
shoryuken
QUOTE(MikhailKristov @ Jun 10 2008, 08:22 PM) *
Crying is normal, otherwise why would we be born with this function?

doucchhee.. stubborn.gif
QUOTE(Katalyzt @ Jun 10 2008, 08:50 PM) *
Good point.

pusssii.. laugh.gif tongue.gif
bobbyrocks15
theres to many f**kin f****ts on here
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(Reidar @ Feb 22 2008, 04:17 AM) *
My dad used to beat me and all that, too. One time, when he was about to come and do it I got in a Karate stance and screamed, "MORRRTAL KOMBAAAAAAAAAT!" and then started humming the theme song. It was awesome, although I got hit and locked in the garage. But seriously, that ruled so hard that crying would have ruined it all. Later that night, I dreamed about ninjas jumping out of wedding cakes and throwing shurikens at everybody.

rofl1.gif

freeridefight
It's weird. When I have extreme physical pain, my body's reaction isn't to cry, it's to scream. I dunno if it was because of me programming it that way, or what.

Like when I had kidney stones, I didn't cry, I shook.

But I cry over the random stuff. I cried whenever the old woman on patch adams wanted to be put in a pool full of noodles, and the look on her face made me cry. Or million dollar baby.

yes it's okay
/rant
shoryuken
QUOTE(bobbyrocks15 @ Jun 11 2008, 12:58 AM) *
theres to many f**kin f****ts on here

lykee u.. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
AnnahhbeL
Yes..its ok for guys to cry.
They have their reasons just like we girls do.
superstitious
Big Girls Don't Cry...

oh wait.

Yes, a good manly cry is good now and again.
Ihate
Everyone cries at some point in time, but if you're crying all the time it's gonna seem pretty damn EMO.
Vaguememory
If that's a main topic, that is really quite stupid. Almost as much as getting on people for being gay, or being a different skin color. It's a human emotion, and sometimes, it helps you get your head back together, because while your crying you may actually see the situation you're crying about in a whole different light. Sometimes, when I wish I could I can't even get myself to. It's because of all the damn desensitizing that is going on in this country.
Reidar
Crying is a waste of time. I don't need emotions to get my head together.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.