dressage/jumping/western/trailing/hunting/bareback riding or what ever =]

thumbsup.gif

Well I'm into horses.

I own one horse called Dásemd
she's a pure Icelandic.

click to enlarge

click to enlarge
yrrnotelekktric
i`m not into horseback riding and i have never ridden a horse, but your horse is pretty. _smile.gif

do you compete?
superficial
I've only been horseback riding roughly 2-3 times. I would have definitely wanted to be able to ride it more, but I rarely visit my uncle (he's the one who owns the horses) now. The last time I rode a horse, was probably about 3 years ago. I miss all his horses. :(. Too bad when I got to ride them, I didn't ask what kind of horse they were. I'll try to find out asap.

My uncle is a real country guy, so he takes my cousins/sisters on hikes to explore, because woah, a 10-20 minute drive to a forest near his neighborhood is absolutely breathtaking. I would have never knew anything about it if he hadn't shown me. The last time I took a hike was probably a few days ago, with my class. We have a local park near our school, so we go there to explore and see all the kinds of plants and birds that are native in our area.
dasemd
QUOTE(yrrnotelekktric @ Feb 2 2008, 07:48 AM) *
i`m not into horseback riding and i have never ridden a horse, but your horse is pretty. _smile.gif

do you compete?

thank you :D
oh well you should try one day.

well I havn't compete on my mare yet. I have trained her from the beginning, and the years I have had her, she hasn't been ready. But I'm thinking about start competeing this year :D

superficial - aw it sucks that you can't ride more. I love the country side. :D
tokyo-rose
I thumbed your images since they stretched the forum a bit. In the future, please use these tags to do so:

CODE
[thumb]Your image link here![/thumb]

I used to be obsessed with horses; they were (and still are) my favorite animals. _smile.gif I went to an international horseback riding camp the summer after first grade; it was so fun. I wish I owned a horse or could have taken riding lessons, but I live in New York City and lessons are expensive. Your horse is beautiful.
yrrnotelekktric
QUOTE(dasemd @ Feb 2 2008, 07:40 AM) *
well I havn't compete on my mare yet. I have trained her from the beginning, and the years I have had her, she hasn't been ready. But I'm thinking about start competeing this year :D

you should! you think she`s ready to compete now?
technics
Never really been horseback riding, but I must say that your horse is so cute. (:
Cwhaticando
(dasemd your horse is so cute :) )

I've been riding for eight years but I don't compete. I have one horse, Bella (Annabel), who I've owned for about three years. She just turned eight this week :). She's a chestnut Thoroughbred mare and 16.1 hands which (I think) is a little over five feet.
We do dressage together because I'd be scared out of my wits to jump her XD.gif
i love trail rides and bareback, but sadly i don't get to do many trails on Bella since she's skittish. I blame this on her being an ex-racehorse, and therefore highstrung.

click to enlarge

she's not very thrilled in this picture if you can't tell :)

click to enlarge
pinkflowers
OMG I freakin love Icelandics! They are so cute! And their mane is adorable! hehe

Yurss I do horseback ride! I use to compete two years ago but stopped and now I'm training my 3yro QH mare, Wrapped Up Good Aka: Abigail.
Here is a picture!:

I also own a 3yro TB mare, Shirley's Brittney. She is currently racing in Texas.
Melissa
I took horseback riding lessons for four-five years before my mom made me quit before junior year of HS =[. My grades weren't up to par and apparently, after seeing me fall a billion times jumping, she decided that horses were too dangerous.
pinkflowers
Ah that sicks! You should talk to her so you can possibly get back into it! Horseback riding is my life, I don't know what I would do without it!
misoshiru
my school has one of the top equestrian/dressage teams in the nation. we're actually hosting nationals this month.
pinkflowers
Are you serious? Where do you go to school? That would be AWESOME! Do you ride?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.