Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Most Boring Book You've Ever Read?
Forums > Community Center > Academia > Books
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Luna5
I've read a couple I just can't remember that names. Why don't you tell me yours.. biggrin.gif
feferity
I hated the Scarlet Letter =( i had to read it for school, and it was pretty dull. Also, most of the "romance books" i read are pretty boring. They all have the same formula, are usually very slow-paced and with the same *stereotype* characters, and the end is always the same in all of them.
MissHygienic
JOHNNY TREMAIN.
LITTLE WOMEN.
RASCAL.
THINGS FALL APART.
TALE OF TWO CITIES.
ECONOMIC SCENES.
MOBY DICK.
HEART OF DARKNESS.
ALL POETRY.

More to come. I have to use all-caps to express my hatred for boring books. Such a waste of time because sometimes, you expect the book to get more interesting instead of more dull.
transcendentalism
^Moby Dick is HORRIBLE.
Great Expectations for me... i couldn't keep track of all those characters.

actually i just don't like reading books for school, except for the ones we read up until 8th grade.
Luna5
I wouldn't read those books either. tongue.gif
Joss-eh-lime
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea was so boring I didn't bother to finish it.
dustbunny
i liked great expectations even though it was a bitch to finish it in a day.

uh trumpeter of krakow? i read that in like 5th grade and thought it was the most boring piece of crap ever.
RealTalk
I hate Scarlet Letter too. I hated how at some parts it would be really good then the author would drone on for a whole chapter on description. It seems like every time I attempted to read I'd fall asleep or end up reading the page three times.
karmakiller
I started reading Paint It Black, but it was a drag to read. It honestly felt like I was reading a freshmen's paper. I read The Dante Club, and it took me a while and I got a bit bored just because of the advanced vocabulary in it.
xoxo_proud
Life of Pi
The Gossip Girls Series
The Uglies
The Bean Trees

I'll think of more...
ersatz
The Uglies. What a piece of shit book.
Luna5
QUOTE(karmakiller @ Dec 29 2007, 11:02 PM) *
I started reading Paint It Black, but it was a drag to read. It honestly felt like I was reading a freshmen's paper. I read The Dante Club, and it took me a while and I got a bit bored just because of the advanced vocabulary in it.

I have "The Dante Club" and couldn't finish it either.
superstitious
A Thousand Acres, easily.
LoveToMySilas
It was some book called, "The Sword". I think I almost fell alseep through the first chapter...I don't think I even finished it.
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(MissHygienic @ Dec 29 2007, 05:48 PM) *
JOHNNY TREMAIN.

i liked that book.

some book called ummmmmm a light in the forest? lights in the forest? the light in the forest? idk, it was about some indian boy and it sucked, i could barely get through it.
MissHygienic
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Dec 30 2007, 12:40 PM) *
i liked that book.

YOU'RE KIDDING.

I read it in grade school, and I could not stand that book for the life of me. We always read a few chapters in class by ourselves, you know, "reading time," and I ended up falling asleep more than once. So boring.
xoxo_proud
The Uglies. What a piece of shit book.

Yeah. I didn't get very far. I can't stand the way the author writes

And I could never get through the first harry potter book. I love the rest of the series, though
Jennifer
Some book called Lake At The End Of The World.. it made no sense, I hated it. And I HAD to read it, because it was for school. I don't recommend it. To anyone sad.gif
karmakiller
QUOTE(BunkyWhiteGirl @ Dec 30 2007, 10:29 AM) *
I have "The Dante Club" and couldn't finish it either.
I think it'd be a good book if I didn't have to look up a lot of words. The first time I read A Clockwork Orange, I was like "Huhhh?" that whole time.
synthase
I can't stand The Time Machine.

SO FREAKING BORINGG

How is Uglies boring? I mean, I get that it drags on in the beginning but toward the end it's AWESOME! & its worth the read.
Joss-eh-lime
i loved Uglies! has anyone read the whole series?

boring= Perks of Being a Wallflower
Amaranthus
Farenheit 451
The one Kurt Vonnegut story
Great Expectations
Romeo and Juliet

I liked Johnny Tremain, though.
Stumbleine
I liked Fahrenheit 451! It was one of the only books I read in school that I liked..

I thought Middlesex was pretty boring...
Smarmosaur
QUOTE(xoxo_proud @ Dec 30 2007, 05:42 PM) *
And I could never get through the first harry potter book. I love the rest of the series, though

i didn't necesarily love the rest of them, but ditto...i think i spent years trying to finish that book and i never did. =D

what's that one...i'm pretty sure we all read it in elementary school. something about chocolate or fudge or something. i hated it so much i can't even remember what it's about. XD.gif
austinoutloud
QUOTE(RockItStudios @ Jan 1 2008, 04:21 PM) *
what's that one...i'm pretty sure we all read it in elementary school. something about chocolate or fudge or something. i hated it so much i can't even remember what it's about. XD.gif

omg. that's so annoying that i cant remember it...i know ive read it, but i cant remember the exact title..wow, thats really annoying me now.

but the red pony by john steinbeck was a really boring book.
actually, anything by john steinbeck.
babierain
I remember I had to read Across Five Aprils in 8th grade, and it was pretty damn boring.
Theres way more than that, I just cant remember right now.
avocadosnap
Sadly enough..Harry Potter and the deathly hallows.
And I am supposed to be an HP nerd, lmao.
It just felt so..bleh. It was as if I'd already read it once.

-_-'
freeflow
Scarlet Letter if it wasn't for the movie I would have failed the test, and I kind of find Harry Potter boring for me too. I just can't get into it.
brooklyneast05
^ I LOVE HARRY POTTER throb.gif yahoo.gif
ChristyChaos
QUOTE(babierain @ Jan 1 2008, 08:42 PM) *
I remember I had to read Across Five Aprils in 8th grade, and it was pretty damn boring.
Theres way more than that, I just cant remember right now.

Boring book. Definitely.

I read Or Give Me Death & Little Women once.
Never reading them again.

lkajsfklajskds
great expectations by charles dickens

terrible, dont recommend it unless its mandatory for school.

i dont even think i actually finished it....
freeflow
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Jan 2 2008, 11:01 AM) *
^ I LOVE HARRY POTTER throb.gif yahoo.gif

Tell me something I don't know.
missnh
Great Expectations or A Tale of Two Cities. Dickens... v_v
iDecay
Romeo and Juliet, hands down. I couldn't take the damn plot and the complicated reading. shrug.gif
Crash2
QUOTE(freeflow @ Jan 2 2008, 11:50 AM) *
Scarlet Letter if it wasn't for the movie I would have failed the test.

Hahaha I second that. The movie wasn't great either.
freeflow
I know! That mess was boring but I had to watch... fail english or watch the movie.
Senta
Uglies was soo good. the series always was a bit slow in the beginning, but they end great [: totally worth it. <3

I think...the most boring book I've ever read .. Magyk. :| & the last Harry Potter book.
andherlayouts

blink.gif mellow.gif mellow.gif mellow.gif mellow.gif mellow.gif mellow.gif mellow.gif mellow.gif mellow.gif
what!!? i loved that book i thought it was the best =0 =0 =0

I LOVE HARRY POTTER ASWELL !

o and i like the unfortunate events series anyone read?

as for the worst book ive read hmmmmmm:
has to be...i suppose thurdays child because i coulnt get through the first page
:/
DoubleJ
Romeo and Juliet. I just couldn't get into it, especially after seeing both movies.
Luna5
QUOTE(austinoutloud @ Jan 1 2008, 05:14 PM) *
omg. that's so annoying that i cant remember it...i know ive read it, but i cant remember the exact title..wow, thats really annoying me now.

but the red pony by john steinbeck was a really boring book.
actually, anything by john steinbeck.

So was The Pearl
luku
^ My little sister is hates that book!

The most boring book for me to read was A Journal of the Plague Year by Daniel Defoe.

Really boring.
JokeInsideJoke
QUOTE(avocadosnap @ Jan 2 2008, 12:58 PM) *

-_-'

yeah, that and pride and prejuduce...... yawn.gif
yrrnotelekktric
habibi and
under the feet of jesus.

both books for school.

major yawnage.
Luna5
QUOTE(yrrnotelekktric @ Jan 9 2008, 03:52 PM) *
habibi and
under the feet of jesus.

both books for school.

major yawnage.

I've never even heard of those books. Strange...
MissHygienic
Leviticus and Numbers.
jaeman
I stick with the entertaining ones. laugh.gif
Actually, I don't even remember what books I've read were boring.
xCutUpAngelxxx
QUOTE(Joss-eh-lime @ Jan 1 2008, 03:50 PM) *
i loved Uglies! has anyone read the whole series?

boring= Perks of Being a Wallflower

I'm pretty sure I read Uglies.It's by Scott Westerfeld, right?I haven't read the rest of the series yet.

OMGG.The Perks of Being a Wallflower is my FAVOURITE book of all time. <33

The most boring books I've ever read are Of Mice and Men by John Steinback (spell check) and Interview with a Vampire by Ann Rice (but the movie was good).
freeridefight
Life of Pi
it took forver for him to get in the boat
Tracy-14
Ugh, something by Mary Higgens Clark. I cant remember what book it was but I only kept reading it because I had to for class.
livwho
QUOTE(ProudLeechLover @ Jan 9 2008, 08:53 AM) *
yeah, that and pride and prejudice...... yawn.gif

One of my favorite books ever.

I couldn't make it through Gossip Girl.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.