Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I want to learn how to dance.
Forums > Community Center > Interests > Sports
marry123
I want to learn how to dance. I am the worst dancer you can imagine, but I like to do it anyway. I have fun and it would be more fun if I were any good. Where can I find a place to learn how to dance? I will grateful for your information.
Thanks!
MissHygienic
You can find a forum to ask these questions, but you can't just www.FREAKINGGOOGLEIT.com?
Simba
Look for instructional videos on YouTube. Just search whatever dance you'd like to try out.
MrStrife
It's all in your hips. Flow with the music. Be like the water.

^All are quotes I find very helpful in this case.
stephinika
I'll move this to sports since other dance related topics are there.

But I'd say go to google or look up dance studios in your phonebook so its easier to find local places and find a place with different level classes and perhaps drop-in classes, that way you can just try stuff out with having to fully commit. _smile.gif Good luck!
transcendentalism
boggling how people register and post once on something so random, haha.

are you talking club dancing or hip hop or what? decide what genre you want and phonebook it. most of the dance studios at least in my area do lots of different sorts. the hxc ones are mostly ballet and lyrical though.
LoveToMySilas
Well the best way to learn how to dance is to get some hands on experience. If theres a party, go with your friends and ask them to dance with you on the dance floor. Confidence is key when it comes to dancing. _smile.gif The youtube video thing could work as well.
lucia123
Hey, there are a lot of studios, dance clubs almost everywhere you can find and even too many effective programs available in the market that can help you but I would suggest you for a very good book “Think like a champion dance like a star” written by Grant Davies. It helps to create magic in dancing and many other activities that are very essential for amazing dancing. Hope this will help you. Best of luck!
Call911Quick
Do you like music?

Do you have a good sense of rhythm?

Do you play any instrument?

Do you love dancing, regardless of your skill?

If your answer to any of those are yes, self-teach. It's the slowest but best way to learn. If it's no to all of them, you shouldn't be dancing, because if you do you simply dance to impress.

Self-teach being watch videos and stand in front of a mirror in your room. Dance with friends.
Silly--x
you can watch alot of Ciara's music videos she teaches you alota moves
shoryuken
QUOTE(Silly--x @ Jan 1 2008, 05:28 AM) *
you can watch alot of Ciara's music videos she teaches you alota moves

ye.. she-malee movez.. loool.gif
QUOTE(mistalazyboi @ Dec 28 2007, 01:42 AM) *
It's all in your hips. Flow with the music. Be like the water.

^All are quotes I find very helpful in this case.

yee like wat dat thingg say up top...

chek that guy PROFILE pic.. n u knoww howdaa DANCE!!! so go chekk he profile PIC.. loool.gif
yrrnotelekktric
Joss-eh-lime
watch music vids or people clubbing/dancing and copy them.
and watch your friends.

but i think dancing is just about having fun. this is coming from a person who can't really dance either.
shoryuken
u realllii wannaa dance..

CHEK OUT DA VID.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpIAcRkbS6Q
B-NOX
yea nguoicasison the best dancing man ever
shoryuken
yee.. u wannaa mee da tapp dancee on yourr facee b.nox../
B-NOX
you see that man im homer simpson cool.gif
yrrnotelekktric
wtf @ b-nox and nquack. huh.gif
UnleashTheLeash
Play DDR
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.