Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: box monsters
Forums > Community Center > Academia > Art
Smarmosaur
yeah, stupid perspective stuff-i miss advanced art.
we were just supposed to draw a few boxes around a central vanishing point. while the entire class was trying to figure out how to even begin their first one, this is what happened with me: (there are a few opened/clear boxes thrown in there)

my favorite:

and even though i hate pink, i like the little pink one below the eyes. oh, and the orange one in the top left corner. AND THE BROWN POLKA-DOT ONE! that one's just adorkable. :]
oh yeah, between the two eyes=vanishing point.
tokyo-rose
Huh, cute. I like the colors. :) I've learned how to draw with a vanishing point but for some reason I don't feel like your boxes reflect that the eyes are your vanishing point.
LoveToMySilas
I didn't even notice the eyes before I read it. I think its really cute but the eyes could be a little more noticable.
Jennifer
Aw that's cute happy.gif I like the colors and the teeth haha
Smarmosaur
QUOTE(Synesthesia @ Dec 24 2007, 11:47 AM) *
Huh, cute. I like the colors. :) I've learned how to draw with a vanishing point but for some reason I don't feel like your boxes reflect that the eyes are your vanishing point.

really? i don't see how they don't reflect that...explain? :] oh yeah, i wanted a few of them to seem as if they were attacking other boxes, maybe that's it?
jaeman
Those are pretty sweet! thumbsup.gif
freeflow
Those are pretty cute.
YourSuperior
Haha, look at the teeth! Those look really cool, especially the big blue one at the top. thumbsup.gif
KissMe2408
lol adorable
ersatz
QUOTE(RockItStudios @ Dec 30 2007, 09:19 PM) *
really? i don't see how they don't reflect that...explain? :] oh yeah, i wanted a few of them to seem as if they were attacking other boxes, maybe that's it?

Because there's not that much dimension to them. They all look like they're on the same plane as the vanishing point.
Gryffindor-Girl
That is soo cute they look like something I would see on a "vintage" T-shirt somewhere. Good "poppy" like colors they make me think of a cartoon let me think oh I would say Fairly Odd Parents.
Relentless
Ooo, they look really interesting. Very nice.

Just curious, I don't take art or anything, what's the term "vanishing point" in art and how is it used?
yrrnotelekktric
ROFL! this is cute. i like it. happy.gif
Smarmosaur
QUOTE(Relentless @ Jan 10 2008, 09:59 PM) *
Ooo, they look really interesting. Very nice.

Just curious, I don't take art or anything, what's the term "vanishing point" in art and how is it used?

sorry it's taken so long to reply.

but, see the eyes? the blank spot right in the center of the eyes is my vanishing point. it could be literally anywhere on the paper. basically, it's exactly what it is, it's the point where things "vanish"-it's also used for boxes like these.
say you take a picture from above a city somewhere, and in the middle of the picture is, let's say...times square! the middle of that is the vanishing point, since all the buildings and such go down to that point.
note the vanishing point is just a tiny little dot. :]
as for boxes like these, you just draw any shape. then you (using a ruler, or if you have good sense of location like that and your eyes can be your ruler) draw a line from each main point of the shape to the vanishing point. if you want to get technical, there's certain points you draw lines from in order to get just a regular box, an open box, or a see-through box.

sorry if that's confusing.
livwho
I'm not seeing the vanishing point.

Your open boxes are good though.
mushiebeans
i see a good attempt at a vanishing point
maggiemayyy
those are really cute. :] i love the colors.
Insurmountable
awe look at those cutesy monsters ;D
vintage-toile
this is like some cute myspace background.
i like it :D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.