Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CB wiki
Forums > News and Announcements > Feedback > Feedback Resolved Topics
shadowfax
It's never going to get done if we wait for Ju-Sun to create it outside the forums or if it's done off-CB (like, a Wiki page or something). It's better to have it accessible on CB. What if we had a forum for it? Different topics for certain events or CB traditions or something in the first post (or more if the "article" can't fit into one post) and people can comment on it. Or if the articles should be left alone/closed, create a new thread to discuss the article ("Re: *article title name here*" could be the discussion topic). Since I (and I'm sure others) don't want to be reading subjective BS, it should have to be approved by whomever or have a vote by the community or something. I guess this could also incorporate CB News since that was successful only the first time before it died.
IVIike
sounds like a good idea thumbsup.gif
Steven
QUOTE(IVIike @ Nov 12 2007, 09:18 PM) *
sounds like a good idea thumbsup.gif

f*g
shadowfax
QUOTE(Steven @ Nov 12 2007, 11:33 PM) *
f*g
Hey, shut it. No spamming in my precious topic. D:

What do you think of the actual CB wiki forum idea?
Steven
I like it, so long as it's not filtered and people don't hide events like the whole Anna incidents or all the secret chats
shadowfax
Well, it would be nice if the articles are factual and not biased. That's my main problem, not so much the events.
Steven
Good luck :) Every thing's going to have a bias. Maybe get Arjuna to add his input on matters? He seems pretty neutral. Also Dani, regardless of the fact that she became a target multiple times, I think she would do a fine job at it.
shadowfax
Well, I don't want to force them to write the articles. :( I was hoping for this to be a more community-driven... thing. Lol, concept, idea, whatever.
iDecay
I'd rather it be community-driven. Yeah, sure Arjuna and Dani are mutual but it's more interesting when it's bias, don't you think? victory.gif
Uronacid
I would love to get the Unholy Trinity together and create a section of the wiki.
QUOTE(tininja @ Nov 13 2007, 12:30 AM) *
I'd rather it be community-driven. Yeah, sure Arjuna and Dani are mutual but it's more interesting when it's bias, don't you think? victory.gif

I would love to hear the goals and thoughts behind each side of major conflicts that happened on cB. I think it would be intresting to compare and contrast James, Anna, and Kathleen to Me, Jake, and Jeremy.

I would be especially interested in James'(IShotJFK) story. The game plans and strategies behind all the real major players of this website would be really fun to hear if they didn't lie about them.
Elba
Dani and Arjuna weren't here for the drama in early cb (at least I don't think they were).
hypnotique
QUOTE(davinci @ Nov 12 2007, 10:34 PM) *
Hey, shut it. No spamming in my precious topic. D:

What do you think of the actual CB wiki forum idea?

Damn.

I want cB wiki badly.
pandora
we could probably create a site outside of cb. some of us could work together on this (design,coding etc). when jusun comes back, we can ask to upload it onto createblog's server.
Simba
I'll tell you guys what I had in mind when I first thought of cB Wiki in a minute. I just have a headache right now.

I'll at least get out that I don't want cB Wiki to be in forum format. Part of the beauty of it was to be in the same format as Wikipedia using the WikiMedia software.
The-March-Hare
I still like this idea... it would be fun, but would take a LOT of time.

Also, neutrality issues would just go through the roof.
Sandraaa
cB wiki rhymes. Anyway, great idea like everyone said. I hope it doesn't die or anything.
LoveToMySilas
Oh! I like writing. Its true, we can't always wait for Jusun to do everything...we all know he has to finish that arcade first. wink.gif I wouldn't mind writing an article or two. (Of the topics I know of.) Yay for a well driven community. Let's get to it!
libertie
QUOTE(Elba @ Nov 13 2007, 03:13 PM) *
Dani and Arjuna weren't here for the drama in early cb (at least I don't think they were).

Yeah, you're right.. I was here following June 2005, so I came RIGHT after the "revolution". xD

And yeah, rather than just one person or group of people writing the articles, I'd rather it be community-driven. However, I WOULD like to have some moderation so that people can't post things that aren't true, because I would like for it to remain factual (I think others would as well).

QUOTE(tripvertigo @ Nov 13 2007, 04:33 PM) *
we could probably create a site outside of cb. some of us could work together on this (design,coding etc). when jusun comes back, we can ask to upload it onto createblog's server.

I think that's the best idea. I'd rather use an actual wiki, so hosting it off-site for the time being would be fine.
arcanum
Oh, I'm excited about this. I like the forum idea, and Community-driven sounds fantasticccc. dance.gif
superstitious
Has anyone given further thought on this? Or is it just on the backburner for the time being?

As far as anyone being completely neutral? Not going to happen. Ever.

However, I don't see why there couldn't be a "presumed" or "accused" type section. They post scandals on wikipedia, so I don't see why cB Scandals couldn't be posted. It's all in fun anyway.
pandora
i would be willing to set this up. i'd just need the webspace for it.
mipadi
Hey, this sounds cool. Is anything being done with this?
rnicron
Trish and Jusun on working on it right now.
pandora
btw guys... i know you all think the cb wiki is for recording cb history or w/e. but when jusun originally thought of this idea backstage, he was thinking about organizing the tutorials in a wiki. i don't know if he plans to let us write both the history and tutorials in the wiki, but if he doesnt, i will be more than willing to install another wiki on my own server.
The-March-Hare
There were two ideas, if that was Jusun's intent, because Arjuna DID come up with an idea for using it for a cB history. Just saying.
rnicron
I'd like to think that people are looking more forward to it due the historical aspect.
pandora
Maybe he can install two wikis...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.