Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Honey and Clover
Forums > Community Center > Interests > Anime
sweetdreamer298
I'm a REALLY big Honey and Clover fan. It's not licensed in the US yet but you can find it a lot of places on the web (legally) with English subs and whatnot. I just finished the second season (practically bawling) and can't stop thinking about it. There's also a live-action movie for it but I've only seen bits and pieces.

So to anyone who is into Honey and Clover, here's a place to chat about it, I guess. If you don't know about it, go look it up! It's really great, dead funny with a lot dramatic stuff going on but they're pretty relatable (well, sort of XD).

So begin by saying how you stumbled upon it and your favorite characters and whatnot. Personally, I found it in a comment on Youtube on one of the episodes for Fullmetal Alchemist (this was before they started really cracking down on getting rid of the anime on there). Someone had asked what other really good anime there was and someone mentioned Honey and Clover. I looked it up and now...well I guess you know. My favorite characters are Morita and Nomiya.
sakaitone
I watched it last year. It was especially tear-jerking in season two. I really loved the series. I want the manga but it hasn't been licensed in the U.S. yet as you've said.

I really started to like Noyima in the second season [spoilers] especially with the episode with Ayu on the train and him confessing. I don't have a favorite character though.
sweetdreamer298
Yeah, that's when I started liking him more. I was just really sad that Ayu never really did anything since she was still sorta stuck on Mayama.

I really should have just put a big SPOILERS on the subject title, eh?
missmichy
honey and clover is my favourite anime, period. i fell in love with it earlier this year, and immediately put it on my wishlist (i'm lucky my birthday falls in november, plenty of time to make one :p ).

absolutely head over heels for it - have got season 1 on dvd, getting season 2 from someone else, will buy the manga when it's fully translated, and definitely visiting japan one day to have a croquette at the honey and clover cafe, as well as ride the ferris wheel (heard there's an 'official' one? might be wrong) and the special train :D
sweetdreamer298
Oooh whoa that's so amazing! I'm envying you horribly right now. I read a bit of the manga and really liked it since it went into more detail, which usually happens anyway.
Just_Dream
Oh man I watched it a while back sometime last year... maybe even around this time last year. The first season was REALLY FUNNY, with some heart warming parts. I think I shed a tear or two somewhere in there.

The came season two. Some critics have argued that season two was much more dramatic, although it still retained much of the humor the first season had. I don't really care because I love the balance of humor and sorrow, I guess. The ending really shocked me and although it didn't tie up all loose ends or anything, it was still pretty good. :] I really enjoyed watching it and all the characters were awesome. I also really liked the art because although it was all fancy shmancy, it had this really warm and comfortable vibe to it. Ah I wish I could read more of the manga, but there's only a few chapters scanned, unfortunately. sweating.gif
F_L_I_P
Im a fan too. Nomiya is my favorite :3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.