Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Far Away
Forums > Resource Center > Showcase Booth
Gypsy Eyes
So for an ap studio assignment we have to illustrate a song on the computer. In light of the recent death of my ex (the navy seal) I thought the song "Far Away" by nickleback fit well. It's a combination of images, and unfinished (it's only like 7 layers). What do you guys think so far?

edit 11/13/07: so it's finally done.
arcanum
So far it looks really good. At first I thought that was the finished product (until I read), and I was like uhh.. what?
Though, I guess it could be, but it would just be too plain.
Anyway, I like it. Can't wait to see it finished. thumbsup.gif
karmakiller
Oooh, I think it's a good start. I can't wait to see it when it's finished thumbsup.gif
Gypsy Eyes
Thanks guys!

I updated it, it's now like 9 (10?) layers.
digitalfragrance
JACKIE! HI! :waves:

I really like the way it is turning out so far - and I'm very sorry about the death... I'm sure it hurt even though you weren't together anymore sad.gif

I'll be praying about that
Jennifer
I like it, I can tell it's going to look great when it's done. The clothing looks, already, quite realistic.
Sorry to hear about the death, though sad.gif
Gypsy Eyes
Thank you everyone, I updated it.
markmejia
Wait, it's a combination of images? blink.gif
Or is this supposed to be a vector.
1angel3
I like it, it looks so realistic. I thought you took the picture at first.
Gypsy Eyes
Oh haha it's a vector of a combination of images and I'm going to freehand the background. Sorry for not explaining that more.

But thank you everyone!
IVIike
I really like it... I can't wait for it to be finished thumbsup.gif
digitalfragrance
Still looks great!
BrittanyDonalyn
It looks good, but the tones of grays you used makes the image look a bit dull
Gypsy Eyes
Oh how mature, it's called a work in progress.

Sorry if I'm better at art than you <3
BrittanyDonalyn
I thought you said you needed all the critique you could get.

I gave you my honest opinion of it, like you did with my stuff. I think the image would look improved with a more of a contrast between the gray tones. I didn't mean to sound rude when I said dull. Since it's in progress, that's even more of a reason for constructive comments.

You haven't seen my paintings, you wouldn't know.
Gypsy Eyes
See there's this thing called realism, you might have heard about it. He's running into the sun, his back and the helicopter would be in shadow except for sharp highlights at his upper shoulders and where the sun would be shining through. Again, it's all about lighting.
superficial
Very realistic. I as well thought that it was just a photo. Good work.
adolelolz
I love this! The "dull" tones of grey give it the right mood. It's incredible...The finished product is going to look awesome. =]
Sandraaa
It looks very good and I love the song! throb.gif
Jeng
wow that looks really nice so far, nice
BrittanyDonalyn
QUOTE(Gypsy Eyes @ Nov 9 2007, 10:29 PM) *
See there's this thing called realism, you might have heard about it. He's running into the sun, his back and the helicopter would be in shadow except for sharp highlights at his upper shoulders and where the sun would be shining through. Again, it's all about lighting.

No need to be so sarcastic. rolleyes.gif
pandora
what are you planning to do with the background?
Gypsy Eyes
I'm planning on having it look like a flat desert with some explosions on the horizon
brooklyneast05
looks great, i really like the angle
Gypsy Eyes
Alright so it's done.

Thank you everyone!
arcanum
It looks really nice, Jackie! I love it. thumbsup.gif Amazing job.
Dreamaaa
this looks really awesome! _smile.gif
BrittanyDonalyn
Looks great. I like what you did with the background
pandora
hmm..

i have to say im a tad disappointed by the background; but other than that i like it.
xblast196
definetly one of the best i've ever seen.
great job.

wish i could vector...
markmejia
I like this. Good job.

Though I still don't get how it's a combination of images. shrug.gif
pandora
the helicopter and the person are from two different images.
Gypsy Eyes
^yeah that's what it is. Sorry it wasn't explained better.

But I'm planning on re-doing the background after portfolio day this weekend, it just needed to be finished.

Thank you everyone!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.