Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's Raining, Raining.
Forums > Resource Center > Showcase Booth
Comptine

So, I never will done a vector before but I decided to take a dive into it with this Rhianna picture. I did most of the facial skin color and are working on the features. The hair got a bit wonky.

What do you think? Any tips?

Original:

My Weird Face Vectoring:

The right side of the face is really fuzzy from my blurring but I will eventually get it fixed.

I don't think it's THAT bad for the first real attempt.
Tung
yeah the head area seems a bit weird. but for a firsttimer, i say this is really good. the image looks like a video game character!
SinfullySweet
Did you make this in ps, or illustrator? pinch.gif
AimeeLynn
It looks like you blurred the original picture.
I know what you did and I made the same mistake.
Keep trying.
thumbsup.gif
IVIike
It's pretty good for a start... keep going thumbsup.gif
xtrancie
this doesnt look like a vector to me. more of digital painting. tips: do your eyebrow right. Lol xD
Insurmountable
Yea I agree with Trancie it does look like a digital painting more than a vector. I think it looks pretty cool though the part that is done, I think you should keep going on with it and show us the progress: smile:

What program are you using? Are you following a tutorial?
ipetpandas
if you're going to vector...

PLEASE DO NOT BLUR.
themarkster
Hmm. Looks more of a digital painting than a vector to me, since vectoring doesn't involve blurring. It looks like a mesh! biggrin.gif
SinfullySweet
I really wouldnt consider this a vector.. none the less a vexel. You cant really call this a vector (or anything a vector) if your layers are rasterized. There are steps to make vector objects in photoshop, but requires extra work. The biggest program used to make VECTOR objects in illustrator. If it were a vector/vexel, nothing would be blurred/airbrushed on. You're supposed to be able to see each layer individually.

Sorry if I sound bitchy pinch.gif
xtrancie
QUOTE(SinfullySweet @ Oct 3 2007, 06:36 PM) *
I really wouldnt consider this a vector.. none the less a vexel. You cant really call this a vector (or anything a vector) if your layers are rasterized. There are steps to make vector objects in photoshop, but requires extra work. The biggest program used to make VECTOR objects in illustrator. If it were a vector/vexel, nothing would be blurred/airbrushed on. You're supposed to be able to see each layer individually.

Sorry if I sound bitchy pinch.gif

vexel layers are rasterized dear =) with a smooth vexel or vector you cant see each layer individually, it just cant be airbrush or blur. strictly use of pentool only.
SinfullySweet
I was talking about vectors... I said you cant call this a vexel because you can't see each layer individualy.. any sort of airbrushing that blurs anything isnt a vexel...
xtrancie
QUOTE(SinfullySweet @ Oct 3 2007, 07:30 PM) *
I was talking about vectors... I said you cant call this a vexel because you can't see each layer individualy.. any sort of airbrushing that blurs anything isnt a vexel...

there are some vexel taht you cant see each individual layers, aka like jinjoo's vexel >_> you cant shits lmfao.
annalucky
It looks very smooth and game character like. Kinda reminds me of a Britney Spears one I saw.
jammylise
I like it. =D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.