Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stretch Marks... a Problem?
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Boys' Locker
Dreamers
GUYS ONLY. Or, if you're bi or a lesbian you can vote. Girls, you can post your opinion, but I'd like to see what all the people who are intersted in dating girls say in the poll.

Why am I doing this?
Well, my friend is sorta overweight and has stretch marks. She's REALLY REALLY insecure about them, so I wanted to see if it was that big of a deal with guys if a girl has stretch marks on her.

Soo...

DOES it matter? _unsure.gif laugh.gif

I know I should aim to where does it matter if guys or girls have them, but seeing as how my friend is a girl~~~.. yea.. mellow.gif

Also, sorry if there's been a post on this before. If there HAS been one, it's probably a million years old, so don't slaughter me, 'kay? I'm doin' this for a friend so that shall be my defence! laugh.gif

Heh.. That was awkward. blink.gif
Alright, I know, I'm no guy but I am bisexual. To me, I think its fine for someone to have stretch marks whether it were from past baby fat and they grew or they have a little package. If I like them then it wouldn't matter to me because its not as if I'm aiming to get their clothes off and get in their pants.
dustbunny
I HAVE STRETCHMARKS cry.gif

yeah, seriously not cool because I swim and so they're visible all the time
Dreamers
Haha, it's okay doiink. _smile.gif hug.gif
Crash2
I've got some.

It's because last summer I really started putting on some weight and all of a sudden they just started... appearing. sad.gif I've managed to get rid of most of that weight but the marks are still there.

But to answer the question, I wouldn't really care. Chances are that a lot of people have them.
demolished
i dont work out.
i dont get stretch mark

i hope i dont get it ;DDDD
dustbunny
LOL who said yes?

HAHAHA oh man, that's not good
panicitstheax
its not a problem. almost everyone has them. even skinny people have them. how to you get rid of them anyways?
Crash2
They're supposed to fade over time, but there are creams and stuff that supposedly help. shrug.gif
redpeony
All girls have stretch marks. It's called puberty.

I've heard body butters work. I've tried it but haven't been consistent enough with my usage for any real results.
EmoEyelinerx
QUOTE(jennypie @ Aug 24 2007, 04:07 AM) *
All girls have stretch marks. It's called puberty.

Im going through puberty and I dont have them.
joshpowell
Stretch marks aren't a deciding factor in a relationship for me.. only a turn off for me if they are really large and/or unfaded and/or in very obvious areas.

I have stretch marks, my girlfriend has stretch marks.. so yeah.. it's pretty common.

SinfullySweet
Hmm. I dont have stretch marks laugh.gif

My brother got them, but he wasnt fat. blink.gif He tried out cocoa and shae butter for about one week, and they dissapeared. thumbsup.gif
faydedprimadonna
stretch marks are an unfortunate side affect of life... it's true that even skinny people get them! i just had a baby, so i have a TON of stretch marks stubborn.gif it's not the MOST attractive thing, but my boy doesn't seem to mind wub.gif so i guess the only concern is the confidence level of the person with the stretch marks and how shallow their significant other is shrug.gif
Amaranthus
I don't really find them attractive on anyone. I wouldn't say anything rude to them of course, but I do seem them as a turn off.
I have them on my knees for some reason, but noone notices, I dont think; They just look like scars to me.
Relentless
^ Yeah, I have them on my knees as well. I thought they were scars but I knew I was never injured there. Probably from swimming?

I don't really mind it actually.

I do know that cocoa butter cream or something helps it fade or disappear.
karmakiller
Small ones aren't a big deal. I got some when my hips grew when I was younger. I think if she bears your child and has stretch marks you shouldn't make a big deal out of it; that's a mean thing to do.
mytangerine
i have them on the inside of my thighs _dry.gif i hate it so much, but it's honestly not that noticeable. i will now try cocoa butter so they fade, thnx guys!! happy.gif by the way i'm hella skinny too, i guess everyone gets them as they grow. it's whatever.
Villainess
I dont let little shit like that bother me.
Insurmountable
I use to be really insecure about mine..although I guess because its such a wide range of them on my body near my hips..I don't have them on my legs i don't think anyway I think they faded quite a bit over the years..

There isn't any real way to get rid of them completely. Although you can use cocoa butter and stuff to help them fade a bit but it takes time of course.
JCLore
stretch marks are common in both sex's , why sould one sex have a problem with the other having stretch marks
JokeInsideJoke
i have them. when i was in 6th grade i gained some weght and i got them on my inner thighs....
_unsure.gif i hate them
ArtofBreaking
Stretchmarks are a little thing, most people get them going through puberty and they fade over time. She should be more worried about the overweight part.
MissHygienic
QUOTE(Orlean @ Jan 28 2008, 01:10 PM) *
Stretchmarks are a little thing, most people get them going through puberty and they fade over time. She should be more worried about the overweight part.

Stretch marks don't fade. . .

Skinny people have stretch marks all of the time.
Eww
Stretch marks are ew ):
ArtofBreaking
QUOTE(MissHygienic @ Jan 29 2008, 03:15 PM) *
Stretch marks don't fade. . .

Skinny people have stretch marks all of the time.

I had stretch marks from 6th grade summer on my pelvics from growing 4 inches that I dont have anymore. Because they faded.
MissCuppyCake
well i dont have them.
but my bestie has them.
they are kinda cute.

but

cocoa butter works so damn well!w
MissFits
I'm not a guy, nor am I bi or lesbian.
But, stretch marks aren't that bad unless it looks like Freddy Krueger came ripping at you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.