Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LJ Tracker?
Forums > News and Announcements > Feedback > Feedback Resolved Topics
middleisgold
I can't seem to get the LJ tracker to recognize my LJ account when I try to generate a code. I've had the account tracked before and deleted the tracker. I'm trying to put in "howdoesitfeel" (howdoesitfeel.livejournal.com).
Can anyone tell me what is going on?
Insurmountable
http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=180311
^Possibly read over the FAQ's _smile.gif

Did you had a older account that you were using the tracker on for the same livejournal url?
Perhaps this is the problem:
I'm trying to sign up but it keeps on telling me that the site is already being tracked, why?
Most likely you signed up for your page using another createblog account. If you can't remember your original createblog account, pm me with the url you wish to track and I can reset this for you.
middleisgold
No, I read the FAQs I found. It said exactly, "Unable to verify site, does it exist?"
Insurmountable
Hmm I just made a tracker for my livejournal and it worked just fine...

The only thing I can think could be the problem is that you had a tracker before and deleted it and now it just won't let you make it again.

Which shouldn't be that big of a problem.

Wait for a higher up or Jusun to come back eventually.
middleisgold
feel free to try to get the code for mine, and let me know if it works? I can't get it to generate the code at all. I tried another, "oceandisaster" (another lj of mine) and it gave me the same response.
Insurmountable
^I sent you a PM _smile.gif

Alright guys, I even tried with her account and multiple browsers and such and nothing is working.

Any one have any idea why its doing this?
Insurmountable
No no no, its not the code

We can't even get a code.

We tried filling out the form and it says they can't verify the account.

We're talking through PM's about it, and I did get on her account and try it myself..and it does say what she stated earlier. We're thinking it could possibly be because she has a paid account instead of a free one?
middleisgold
I ended up trying it with another LJ I have, "oceandisaster" and it is a free account. I get the error message "missing site." Maybe I need to have a post up that isn't friends only? I am pretty clueless as to why it's not working.
Insurmountable
is your profile made so its only for friends only?

try taking that off and try it?
middleisgold
I made it so the entire journal wasn't private or friends only. Still not managing to get the tracker to generate a code for me. I tried with the journal name they provide (jusunlee) and it gave me a code and set up a tracker but it still won't allow me to do it with "howdoesitfeel" or "oceandisaster". both have public entries, one is paid and the other is free.
middleisgold
BTW I did make sure to delete the jusunlee tracker it set up temporarily so I am not over my two tracking limit.
Mulder
Which style system are you using, S1 or S2?

For some reason I remember it wouldn't work with S2.
middleisgold
I think I'm using S2 but that is why I originally deleted the tracker, because I changed the layout and wanted to keep it instead of the tracker. But the problem isn't getting the tracker to work in the layout of my journal, it's that I can't get createblog to see that I have a journal at that address (howdoesitfeel.livejournal.com) and generate the code in the first place.
Mulder
I know it doesn't make sense, but I was only having those (same) problems when I was using S2.
middleisgold
actually, you must be right. I switched my journal back to S1 and tried to get CB to recognize the journal and now it says that it's already being tracked. Although that sucks because I don't remember ever having another account on CB. thanks for suggesting it in the first place though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.