Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: did it slip through the cracks
Forums > News and Announcements > Feedback > Feedback Resolved Topics
smash
i was looking through all the latests graphics and i noticed one that clearly had a curse word in it. this is the second one i've seen since one of my graphics was rejected for having a word that merely suggested cussing (technically, it wasn't even a word). is this acceptable now, did someone let it slide, or what? some clearity would be nice.

Spencer
Could you please provide a link? That might help in understanding which one and why. Also, maybe you could provide what yours looks like.
digitalfragrance
I believe I've taken care of the graphics you were talking about. If I've missed one, please post the link in this thread.
smash

here's another one.
Rachel
Are you seriously offended by that...
brooklyneast05
i don't think she was offended, i think she wants to know why her graphics got rejected for it, and these others didnt
karmakiller
Could you provide a link to those images on cb, not just the images themselves?
smash
i couldn't find that other one but here's a new one. http://cbimg6.com/graphics/07/08/13/36458c.jpg
heyyfrankie
^ DICK isn't a curse word......
heyyfrankie
Topic Starter: can you please post your graphic(s) that was/were rejected due to content?

because i don't think that DICK or SHIT are very offensive. I mean, those kinda things are said on TV......

so please post them up. _smile.gif
brooklyneast05
^agreed u should post them up, or at least tell what word caused them to get rejected

but in defense of the topic starter the world f**k isn't said on tv but it's written on a layout that was accepted.

http://www.createblog.com/layouts/code.php?id=19866

but she said her stuff was denied for implying a word, while i don't really consider dick or shit very offensive either, but i think a word that's just implying one is at least on the same level as those.
superstitious
That's the downside of having different minds review the queue. Also, keep in mind that context might be considered. For example:
What a dick! - some guy looking at someone in disgust or something

versus

What a dick! - some girl kneeling in front of a crotch.

Those were horrible examples, but hopefully I made that particular point clear.

Typically, swear words in general aren't enthusiastically welcomed.
smash
^that's what i thought. i don't find the curse words offensive but i don't approve of them either. they're vulgar and unnecesarry. mine had the word effin' in it, that's not even a real word. oh, and just because they're said on tv doesn't mean it's ok to use them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.