Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: school lunch
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Food
voguelove
i love our school lunches. we have everything..

dominos
pizza hut
gatorade
doritos
sun chips
popcorn
fritos
pringles
ruffles
lays
minute maid
blue bell
soft serve frozen yogurt
yogurt
bagels
pretzels
chex mix
fruit roll ups
cookies
pasta
a salad bar
nacho bar
curly fries
regular fries
chicken strips
different veggies and fruits
and soo much more.

and the good thing is..our district is really cracking down on healthy.
BOOGERSHAHA
really?! lucky! in high school, i had really 'meh' lunches. now at college, the dining hall has a much better selection. actually, our selection sounds like your high school lunches, haha.
michellerrific
I don't understand why they continue to serve things like burgers or pizza or chips when they try to "crack down on healthy" like you said. But I'm not going to say the food isn't bad...my favorites are Subway, the Twix and Snickers ice cream. Theres also pick up stix but it's okay.
Crash2
There's a variety around the school, like different organizations each sell stuff for fundraising.

Some of the food in the cafeteria is okay. And there's always going off-campus if you're looking for something else.
voguelove
QUOTE(Autobahn @ Aug 7 2007, 12:45 PM) *
I don't understand why they continue to serve things like burgers or pizza or chips when they try to "crack down on healthy" like you said. But I'm not going to say the food isn't bad...my favorites are Subway, the Twix and Snickers ice cream. Theres also pick up stix but it's okay.

the only thing thats "unhealthy" in the cafeteria would be the pizza. everything us either is fried in sunflower oil or has 0 grams of trans fat, etc. obviously they cant rid itself of all fats, but the food has definitely gotten healthier than what it was a few years ago.
Michelle
No!!!!!!

Our school lunch is terrible, but I still have to eat it everyday :[
VaeVictis

The only 'healthy' things at our school I'm allowed to eat are
margherita and vegeterian pizzas.

We don't have chips or potato cakes or anything like that, and I can't eat the hotdogs, hawiian pizzas or chicken roll thingo's.

karmakiller
We get the left overs that other schools don't want. Seriously, I don't eat it. It's that kind of food that's rock hard, but amazingly if you put a napkin on it it will be soaked in grease.
secretwish
ew. i hate my school lunch food.
but on some days, they have like a burrito/sushi thing which is okay.
1angel3
I don't like eating school lunch, I think they try to kill us. I bought fench fries and they smelled like pee, no lie.
monxcheri
i only like the salads and pierogies at my school.

everything else is a little too.. "school-lunchy" for me. ugh.
idalisa
It's quite good all the time so i like it _smile.gif
Detective
It depends, Well mostly everything we eat is frozen and then thawed except for the Spaghetti because it's homemade.
TheSpoon
sometimes it's alright
we have a lunch program and a junkfood program (well idk but they are different)
the lunch program serves a variety on diff. days ex. salad, spaghetti, quesadilla (sp), nachos, pizza, orange chicken, fried rice, potato salad, milk. etc
the junkfood program rofl offers soda, vitamin water (lolgross), chips, pizza,breadsticks, cheese fries
angelrevelation
Not particularly. The only healthy things are sub sandwiches and salads, which aren't particularly special shrug.gif
stephinika
Daaaang. I never had that much in my old cafeteria but it wasn't bad food. *shrug* In the senior grades we could leave campus and my high school was surrounded with a variety of food places though so it wasn't bad. Let's see what I can remember...
Safeway
Mcdonald's
A&W
Tim Horton's
Wendy's
Quizno's
Subway
Starbucks
Denny's
Applebee's
White Spot
Costco

And I'm sure there was more...
1angel3
QUOTE(stephinika @ Aug 8 2007, 10:50 PM) *
Daaaang. I never had that much in my old cafeteria but it wasn't bad food. *shrug* In the senior grades we could leave campus and my high school was surrounded with a variety of food places though so it wasn't bad. Let's see what I can remember...
Safeway
Mcdonald's
A&W
Tim Horton's
Wendy's
Quizno's
Subway
Starbucks
Denny's
Applebee's
White Spot
Costco

And I'm sure there was more...

Are you seriousss? I'm coming to your school.
Jinny
Our food is okay. It's unhealthy so I don't really eat it.
I either bring lunch from home, share with my friends, or ask some older friends to order Chinese Food for me (delivery)..
hiromi
Our school lunches our horrid. The only thing I'm willing to eat is either salad or wraps.

Sure they have some healthy options in our school like bagels, salads, wraps, sandwiches; but everything else (and the more popular choices) are either pizza, quesadillas, or french fries. yuck. mellow.gif
treschicgeek
We have mainly pizza hut and junk food as our "cafeteria".

But hardly anyone ever eats that since we have off campus lunch. So I usually have Burger King, Chinese food, Mexican food, or something like that.
freeflow
I never eat at school its ok not great. We have cafeteria food and crappy pizza from goodys or whatever its called. This year I heard they're taking all the junk food out of our vending machines and clubs are no longer allowed to sell candy. So I'm really never eating at school. Especially since we haven't had soda for a while. I think I'm starting to hate school lunch to make this to the point.
HakunaMatata
^Our school did that, and it was teeeerrible for the clubs. The students...dealed, sort of. They took out everything that is at least or over 200 calories per serving. GAWD.
freeflow
Yea we'll see how our clubs will do considering all they sold was candy. I don't eat at school so I'm not really effected but still. When I need one of those random snacks there better be something good. *shrugs*

New plan. Stock up my locker with junk food.
erikasaurus
my school doesn't have a cafeteria. we have to bring our own lunches.

sometimes i don't like my lunch because i had no time to make it and made a really quick sandwich. sometimes i go to the mickey d's across the street from my school and get lunch there.

we have 3 vending machines: two soda, one snack. we're not allowed to use the snack one since it has junk food in it. but the soda machines have really sugary sodas. mellow.gif
monxcheri
^^ i have never heard of a school without a cafeteria.
K0olkiid
i dont eat at school
i do ma own lunch or i buy something, i eat outside with friends
cuz im not able to go home
itz a lil too far
xcorphz
QUOTE(K0olkiid @ Aug 14 2007, 07:17 PM) *
i dont eat at school
i do ma own lunch or i buy something, i eat outside with friends
cuz im not able to go home
itz a lil too far

same..
whabam
the food at my school is alright since there's nothing else to eat unless you bring your own food since we can't go off campus. i usually bring food, but my whole backpack starts smelling like it.
RAWRstephishere
Most of the time the food is good.
Occasionally, youll find a hair in your food, but its all good.

Haha. I dont like bringing my lunch because I have to make it, carry it around all day. And Im not up for that.
DarkImpressions
My schools lunch is Ok,I always either walk to Little Caescars or McDonalds and get something to eat!
mszxkay
my school went all nutritional and crap soo we have like nothing to eat.
not even sun chips because they dont go into the health category
so gay
tokyo-rose
I haven't had lunch from my school's cafeteria since I was in 7th grade, so that's three years? >.> We're allowed to go off campus for lunch so most people do that. I alternate between eating out and bringing my own lunch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.