Full Version: umm..idea??
Forums > News and Announcements > Feedback > Feedback Resolved Topics
dannyordinary
The site rocks.
do not change the layout, it's so simple and nice to use

Maybe the Submission could change, maybe a vote by members
thing, not just one person doing it.

Also, I think unused accounts should be deleted after a certain number
of days, and everything (except the persons graphics..tee hee)
because maybe that could allow for more banwidth and space
(if that's even a problem)

=]

I love Createblog.
SinfullySweet
Wait, are you suggesting, instead of layouts going through the que, and a letting the moderaters decide whether a layout should be accepted or not, we let the members of createblog decided whether it is deemed worthy?
Spencer
if you had everyone vote on submissions, that would take years.

i don't think bandwidth is a problem, either, as someone has brought up the point of deleting old account and it never happened. the only time i know of accounts getting deleted is a. if you ask for yours to be deleted or b. if someone wants someone else's username and that person hasn't been active for awhile and has no posts.
karmakiller
The idea of letting the members vote, instead of mods deciding, has been brought up plenty of times. If you want more opinions on that go read those threads.

As far as deleting accounts after x amount of days, there are some members who come back after being MIA for quite some time.
SinfullySweet
Yeah. I think letting members vote is a bad idea. Alot of people here have pretty horrible preceptions of what good and bad is..
Spencer
QUOTE(karmakiller @ Jul 30 2007, 10:29 PM) *
As far as deleting accounts after x amount of days, there are some members who come back after being MIA for quite some time.
yeah. i'd signed up for an account back in april 2004 and never posted on it, although i did use it. it was until june 2005 that i finally started posting and now look where i am.
arghrawr
So many people voting on layouts really isn't practical. And I reallyyy don't think deleting accounts is that great an idea. Some people come back after a couple days, months, or even years. And some people join for the trackers. Deleting their accounts would inconvenience them.
SinfullySweet
Yeah, has bandwidth ever really been a problem for createblog?
ipetpandas
yeah... letting member's vote is a really bad idea. could be unfair too.

and i completely agree with sourire
dannyordinary
hmm, now that I think of it, it really is a bad idea.

who do I pm about changing my username??
Spencer
the only way you can change your username now is to go to www.createblog.com/home/username.php, i think.

if you've already changed it there, you'll have to wait 6 months.
PuppyLove72
I don't think the voting would be a bad idea...but maybe if the WHOLE community didn't vote...if like the mods made up a large group that was...a fifth of createblog's community as the voting crew based on how well they think they'd judge the graphic/layout/etc.

But that's getting too complicated, huh?

It reminds me of feudilism! haha.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.