Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reason for rejection?
Forums > News and Announcements > Feedback > Feedback Resolved Topics
GunsNRachel
I don't know if I'm alone on this, but I think that all of the staff should give reasons for rejection. I've noticed that most do, but today this layout of mine was rejected. Buttt, of course, I didn't get a reason. To be honest, I thought it was pretty good, and I would REALLY like to have a reason for it not being accepted. I sent the staff member a message asking why, but I haven't gotten a response yet.

Also, I've seen other members complain about this before. And I've also seem other members complain about messaging the staff members back, and not getting a reply.

I'm not sure if there's anything you guys can do, but it sure would be helpful if all of you guys could give a reason for rejecting layouts.

Sorry, here's the link
brooklyneast05
^that link doesn't work i don't think
alovesopure
Only staff can view that link (and you), just so you know.
You are right, staff need to give reason. I always do. I think if this problem happens again though, you could post in Mod Performances or PM an admin about it. shrug.gif
tripvertigo
when you apply for a job, do they have to tell you why you didnt get it? if you submit something in a contest, do they email you and tell you why you didnt make the cut?

be serious here.
anime-essence
The preview works fine (if anyone needs to critique the submission), but due to it's removal the code page is broken.
http://www.createblog.com/layouts/preview.php?id=20058
tripvertigo
personally i think it sucks. however, compaired to most of the current layouts on cb, it should have been accepted.
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(tripvertigo @ Jul 28 2007, 11:59 PM) *
personally i think it sucks. however, compaired to most of the current layouts on cb, it should have been accepted.

i second this

especially since ur other layouts were accepted and this is basically the same as them, actually somewhat better
GunsNRachel
QUOTE(tripvertigo @ Jul 29 2007, 12:59 AM) *

Heh, wow. I'm sorry, did I ask for your opinion?
I was just using it as an example for the thread.

Thank you though, you're so kind.
tripvertigo
um i believe i just told you it should have been accepted. yeah, i think it sucks, but i think most of the layouts on createblog suck, so maybe you should calm down.
tripvertigo
if you try and submit it a second time, it will probably be accepted. maybe you just got bad luck and one of the few mods that actually has standards was the one that evaluated your layout.

edit:// *$)(#*@ OK I KNOW I HIT "EDIT" THAT TIME.
alovesopure
^ haha resubmitted is against the rules, unless a staff members tells that person that they can.

To GunsNRachel: Just wait and see if he replies. If he gives you some things to work on, fix the layout up and then get permission to resubmit.
SinfullySweet
Heres my honest critical opinion.

The layout could be much better. The images you choose could have been executed more creatively, and not just lined up horizontally. The sharp edges of the bottom of the images look really bad, and in my opinion, would look alot beter if blended, so they flow more. The main image looks very odd, due to the fact its width is larger than the content area's width, and the sharp edges of the image, don't go with the rounded corners of the content area. As for the fonts (i.e. header/image fonts) could be alot better as well. Try changing up your style more. The layout has alot of empty space. The headers also, don't look that great beveled and embossed. I dont know, some thing about that effect just does not go.
freeflow
^ In that thread it wasn't Ryan....
dannyordinary
A reason would be cool and would allow for some feed back
for self improvement, but on the other hand would take too long.
Why not just show it in the showcase both, and ask other members
what they think?
karmakiller
Yes, this issue has been brought up before. They should give you a reason, but it isn't a rule. I'm guilty of going through the queue and rejecting some things without writing out a paragraph as to why I rejected it, however if someone PMs me back and asks for a reason why, I'll tell them why and how they can improve it. A lot of times a staff member can go through lots of submissions and give lengthy reasons why and how to improve and the person who submitted it will just PM them back with someting rude and shrug off what the staff member told them.
Kathleen
Here's a reason: it sucks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.