Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where is jusun?
Forums > News and Announcements > Feedback > Feedback Resolved Topics
Pages: 1, 2
micron
hey all,

ive been getting a lot of pms / ims lately about members complaining about staff members, and how decisions should be made by me, not the staff. as all of you know, im not so active here in the forums, as my role today is more on teh development side of things than participating in teh community (this makes pushing out new features much faster, which everyone benefit from).

i just want to say taht the staff are here for a reason; theyre here to help everyone have a more enjoyable time in the community. that sometimes mean policing members and psots that are not welcomed here, which may at times seem personal and/or harsh. but in the end, its fo rhte good of the community.

so. id like to ask everyonet to have more respect for the staff memebrs and their decisions. believe me, its not easy being on staff, when doing anything more or less gets scrutinized under the microscope. please, give them some space to breath. and if you trully wish for a better cb, instead of trying to undermine them every step of the way, actively help out so that one day you too will be on staff where you can bring your ideas to the table. doing something wrong, and then coming to me to complain about how the staff handled it will not get you anywhere. for one, if you did something wrong, you should be prepared to take the consequences. and im not active on a day to day basis to be able to give the time or insight on the matter. i have a lot of respect for the staff - theyve kept this site going since its inception - so unless its something seriously wrong, it is not my intention to overturn or reverse their decisions.

so. dont do anything wrong. help out, be nice, and dont break any rules. and one day you'll see yourself on the other side of the fence and understand the enormous pressue and stress teh staff are under at times. until then happy posting. =)
Elba
Robbi was right. This place is going to shit.
iDecay
Hi Jusun! wave.gif wave.gif wave.gif

I'm not doing anything to the mods.. whistling.gif
SinfullySweet
I'm guessing, he was disabled? _smile.gif victory.gif
shotgunFUNERAL
yes, father dear!

while we're on the topic of playing nice, lets go to the topic of playing favorites in regards to someone's status.

in other news, i bet backstage has turned into a concentration camp.
SinfullySweet
It was a parmanent ban. YAYY!! yahoo.gif I think..
kryogenix
Let's roll. If only you knew.

QUOTE(micron @ Jul 28 2007, 03:25 AM) *
hey all,

ive been getting a lot of pms / ims lately about members complaining about staff members, and how decisions should be made by me, not the staff. as all of you know, im not so active here in the forums, as my role today is more on teh development side of things than participating in teh community (this makes pushing out new features much faster, which everyone benefit from).

If a lot of people are complaining about the staff, doesn't that say something?

i just want to say taht the staff are here for a reason; theyre here to help everyone have a more enjoyable time in the community. that sometimes mean policing members and psots that are not welcomed here, which may at times seem personal and/or harsh. but in the end, its fo rhte good of the community.

They are not making the community more enjoyable. Police are fine. The gestapo isn't.

so. id like to ask everyonet to have more respect for the staff memebrs and their decisions. believe me, its not easy being on staff, when doing anything more or less gets scrutinized under the microscope. please, give them some space to breath.

Disagreement doesn't automatically mean disrespect. But when the mods consistently ignore members, abuse their powers and refuse to be held responsible for their mistakes, how can people respect them?

and if you trully wish for a better cb, instead of trying to undermine them every step of the way, actively help out so that one day you too will be on staff where you can bring your ideas to the table. doing something wrong, and then coming to me to complain about how the staff handled it will not get you anywhere. for one, if you did something wrong, you should be prepared to take the consequences. and im not active on a day to day basis to be able to give the time or insight on the matter.

The problem is some people did nothing wrong and they're being punished. And your suggestion to work harder and earn a position on staff is laughable. A lot of people complaining were ALREADY on staff before quitting, then came back to find the site with a new staff that's doing an awful job. In fact, some members have tried applying for staff- and had their application deleted!

i have a lot of respect for the staff - theyve kept this site going since its inception - so unless its something seriously wrong, it is not my intention to overturn or reverse their decisions.

The staff of yesteryear and the staff of today are two different fish.

so. dont do anything wrong. help out, be nice, and dont break any rules. and one day you'll see yourself on the other side of the fence and understand the enormous pressue and stress teh staff are under at times. until then happy posting. =)

Again, the problem is the staff acting when no rules have been broken, and not punishing themselves when they break rules.
sadolakced acid
Time for a changing of the guard.
tripvertigo
put the old regime back!
radhikaeatsraman
Jusun, I'm going to be completely honest with you. I think you're an irresponsible jerk. You're putting all the work on the moderators, some of who are extremely ineffective. And you're trying to justify their poorly-made decisions by telling us to "give them a break."

THIS IS YOUR SITE. YOU ARE EXPECTED TO DEAL WITH THE PROBLEMS ON THIS SITE.

kthx.
DaTru KataLYST
I'd just like you all to know Jusun can just as easily delete the entire community forums. cB is, primarily, a blogging customization site. The community forums are second (rightly so), and if there's no appreciation for the existential being of you posting on cB...well there's always the chance that the human Jusun can get frustrated, like any human, and delete these community forums. Completely in his right to do so, also.

Most cB users don't even have accounts, they're just here to take the skins and graphics. Don't think for one second that you complaining about the degradation of the community forums is going to matter much in the grand scheme of things.

This is not a public company, you do not hold shares. Jusun and fam are paying for the servers; they are paying for the bandwidth. Tolerate or leave, but you actually have no good reason to demand changes from the man paying for your existence in this community.

I used 'you' as in the entire community forum users.
Simba
^ Heck yeah.

And I'm sure there are many more "problems" more significant to running the site than this petty drama that pops up around cB.
heyyfrankie
QUOTE(radhikaeatsraman @ Jul 28 2007, 12:40 PM) *
Jusun, I'm going to be completely honest with you. I think you're an irresponsible jerk. You're putting all the work on the moderators, some of who are extremely ineffective. And you're trying to justify their poorly-made decisions by telling us to "give them a break."

kthx.

Radhika, that's really f**king rude.
there's a big difference between being 'completely honest' with someone and being a complete and total bitch.
tripvertigo
QUOTE(radhikaeatsraman @ Jul 28 2007, 10:40 AM) *

kthx.

that is completely unfair. i may not agree with how the site is run right now, but i think Jusun is doing a fairly good job. it's perfectly fine for him to delegate the forum administration to CAPABLE people (which doesnt mean I think that any of the current moderators/admins are at all capable).

he is busy with the development of the site as a whole. that takes hours and hours of work programming and tweaking backend code. i dont expect him to be here on the forums every day moderating and keeping everything mellow when he already has people to do that for him.

i do, however, think that he needs to put more capable people on the staff and get rid of the people who arent doing such a great job as he thinks.
tripvertigo
QUOTE(brownsugar @ Jul 28 2007, 12:31 PM) *
tripvertigo - Who IS doing a good job? Just wondering. Maybe we can all look up to that person. Or are you saying that no one is doing a good job?

it's perfectly fine for him to delegate the forum administration to CAPABLE people (which doesnt mean I think that any of the current moderators/admins are at all capable).
tripvertigo
QUOTE(brownsugar @ Jul 28 2007, 12:35 PM) *
You said one does not equal the other, I didn't know that you meant that was your official opinion.

Who do you think would be capable? Like out of the official members/members?

put the old regime back!
tripvertigo
Are you serious right now?

Key word there. "BACK"
tripvertigo
How can someone who has never been on staff before be "BACK" on staff now?

tripvertigo
Not all of the old regime, obviously because most of them are no longer around, but the ones that ARE still here should be put back on staff, and then they could choose who they think are right for the job. That doesnt include any of the current staff now.

edit:// obviously this would never happen though.
tripvertigo
Because they would do a better job, and have done a better job in the past.

edit:// dont talk to me anymore. its too much work to explain everything in granular detail.
tripvertigo
um, i didnt say you should listen to me. when a person gives their opinion, they dont always expect others to listen. you asked me to elaborate, and i did . i'm not obligated to granulate everything to the last minute detail. i dont even like you. i dont even like talking to you. all im asking now is for you to respect that i dont wish for you to talk to me anymore.

and i think i already made it clear that i didnt expect anything to get done.
brownsugar
K, I respect that. Thanks for your replies. If only it could've worked out.
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(tripvertigo @ Jul 28 2007, 02:52 PM) *
um, i didnt say you should listen to me. when a person gives their opinion, they dont always expect others to listen.

i think the part that says"when a person gives their opinion", should be changed to "when a person bitches"
i think that would fit better in ur case
tripvertigo
explain to me where i was bitching. seriously. i defended jusun, saying that i undertand and respect his decision to focus on the development of cb and delegate forum administration to the mods. and i went on to say that i think there should be more capable people on staff if he's going to do that. then suzette asked me to elaborate.

sorry, but you're out of line there.
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(tripvertigo @ Jul 28 2007, 02:59 PM) *
explain to me where i was bitching. seriously. i defended jusun, saying that i undertand and respect his decision to focus on the development of cb and delegate forum administration to the mods. and i went on to say that i think there should be more capable people on staff if he's going to do that. then suzette asked me to elaborate.

sorry, but you're out of line there.

i get that u want more capable people but i don't understand who these people are going to be. when asked to elaborate,i thought ur answer to that was the old staff (sorry if this wasn't what u meant), which u and suzette both agreed was impossible. so that does nobody any good.

i apologize for being out of line
ur attitude problem seems out of line to me
i don't get why u go so crazy and act like everyone's stupid just because they question u(which seems a reasonable thing to do when u want things that can't possibly be done)

ersatz
Hey guys, let's back off; I don't think anyone wants to fight. Take it to PMs if you insist though.
tripvertigo
i think there are lot of people in the world that want things that they cant have or already know is impossible.

sorry if i feel like i've been repeating myself for the past hour, but i do, and it's a big waste of time. if a person cant take the time to figure out that a person obviously cant be back on staff if they were never on staff to begin with, it's their own fault if i think they're being dumb.

and this is my last post on that subject.

to get back on topic, jusun, i dont see how you can say you havent really been here often enough to have real insight on the matter, and then say that the mods should be respected for the job they're doing. they havent been doing a great job. some of them already know that.

if you are getting a lot of complaints, that is something you should address. i dont think that means you have to be here every day and deal with every problem that comes up, but this is one that's certainly worth your time to listen about. you're getting these complaints for a reason.

you say you respect the mods because theyve kept this site running since its inception, but none of them were even there at the start. you're categorizing the moderating staff under one entity, past and present. the past staff got the job done in a more fair and efficient manner. the current staff isnt. i think that's the point you're missing here.

and im addressing JUSUN here, not anyone else. i dont need to hear any of the moderators positions or opinons on this, because i already know where they stand.
micron
QUOTE(kryogenix @ Jul 28 2007, 04:00 AM) *
Let's roll. If only you knew.
If a lot of people are complaining about the staff, doesn't that say something?

ah you caught me, i was exaggerating. to be honest with you, there's only two people that complained to me personally either by pm or im. of these two, one keeps coming to me again and again complaining how the staff handles situations that said person is guilty of perpetrating. funny thing is, had said person not done anything to intentionally get under the staff's skin, there wouldn't have been any problems in the first place. even more, said person is unable to see this rather simple fact. does this person sound familiar to you by any chance? rolleyes.gif

They are not making the community more enjoyable. Police are fine. The gestapo isn't.

now you exaggerate. for 99.99% of the community members here, the staff members make their experience more enjoyable. its unfortunate you belong in the other 0.01%. whats even more unfortunate is that you seem be completely unaware that you belong to this teeeny minority... whose members i am able to count with one hand.

Disagreement doesn't automatically mean disrespect. But when the mods consistently ignore members, abuse their powers and refuse to be held responsible for their mistakes, how can people respect them?

might you want to point me to anything specific aside from the stuff you start to intentionally get under the staff members skin and then come crying to me when the staff punish you for them? wow, i think thats one big run on sentence.

The problem is some people did nothing wrong and they're being punished. And your suggestion to work harder and earn a position on staff is laughable. A lot of people complaining were ALREADY on staff before quitting, then came back to find the site with a new staff that's doing an awful job. In fact, some members have tried applying for staff- and had their application deleted! The staff of yesteryear and the staff of today are two different fish.
Again, the problem is the staff acting when no rules have been broken, and not punishing themselves when they break rules.

right. i take that you are referring to sadolakced acid's post. i would have deleted that post too. its completely unacceptable to write a one liner that's crude and obnoxious, when there are people who actually take the staff hiring very seriously. its unbelievable that that person was offended when it was deleted, and its laughable that you point to this as an example to your cause.

QUOTE(radhikaeatsraman @ Jul 28 2007, 01:40 PM) *

kthx.

incredible. what did i ever do to you? im only one person, theres only so many things i can do. it only makes sense to delegate responsibilities so that i can concentrate on pusing out new features like the arcades thats coming out by the end of this week or early next. and even if i werent doing all that, its rediculous to expect me to be here 24 hour a day / 7 day a week / 52 weeks a year so that i can deal with "problems" just because its my site.
phoenixdown
@Tripvertgo: Old regime? Well it's still possible obviously because we still have you. Since I know that you know and are capable of being on admin / headstaff... *cough* jusun promote Trish!
demolished
QUOTE(radhikaeatsraman @ Jul 28 2007, 10:40 AM) *

kthx.

kthx?

okay and thanks for what?
You're a f**king a-hole. Now, thank you.

Be thankful to Jusun for adding enjoyable features to cB. Jusun isn't a lifeless idiot who spends too much time on cB like you, freaking teenager.

Who is extremely ineffective?

Who makes "poorly-made" decision? Who are you referring to?

Explain it.
DaTru KataLYST
Holy crap, close this thread, now!

QUOTE(micron)
ah you caught me, i was exaggerating. to be honest with you, there's only two people that complained to me personally either by pm or im. of these two, one keeps coming to me again and again complaining how the staff handles situations that said person is guilty of perpetrating. funny thing is, had said person not done anything to intentionally get under the staff's skin, there wouldn't have been any problems in the first place. even more, said person is unable to see this rather simple fact. does this person sound familiar to you by any chance? rolleyes.gif

The rolleyes.gif sealed the deal, baby. wub.gif

Like I said, keep the cB community drama as cB community drama. Fun for the community, not fun for the technical programmer. Jusun has things to develop. (Like that NIGHT SKIN I asked for for the past 3 years, heh)
micron
^ ah yes! the night skin will be coming soon after the arcades! =D
DaTru KataLYST
You give me night skin I'll give you undivided love.
Simba
I'd like to give Jusun a big hand to remind him that he's still appreciated around here. :)
demolished
Haha. He deserves it.
digitalfragrance
QUOTE(Arjuna Capulong @ Jul 28 2007, 05:05 PM) *
I'd like to give Jusun a big hand to remind him that he's still appreciated around here. :)

I'm leaving the image tags in because I second everybit of that post!
radhikaeatsraman
OK, I admit, the whole "irresponsible jerk" deal was a bit out of hand; I'm sorry for it, Jusun.

However, when people are creating threads and continually criticizing the moderators, I think you should listen. Only .01% doesn't like the mods? Wow, I was thinking more along the lines of 50%. I like the moderators as PEOPLE, they're very nice. However, as moderators, they simply aren't doing a good job. That is exactly why people like me applied for staff, because I believe I can do a better job than the current staff. I don't have anything against them personally, except for the fact that I don't think they are running the community as smoothly as they should.
brownsugar
You said the exact same thing the first time you wanted to be hired. mellow.gif What exactly did you do? You complain a lot but provide no specific examples, or even any specific people. You have all the problems in the world, but no solutions. You're not helping at all, and you want to be hired?
DaTru KataLYST
Trust me, it's not 50%. It's not 40, 30, 20, or 10%. You may very well be 0.01-1%.

It's more...50% really don't care.
digitalfragrance
QUOTE(radhikaeatsraman @ Jul 28 2007, 05:14 PM) *
OK, I admit, the whole "irresponsible jerk" deal was a bit out of hand; I'm sorry for it, Jusun.

However, when people are creating threads and continually criticizing the moderators, I think you should listen. Only .01% doesn't like the mods? Wow, I was thinking more along the lines of 50%. I like the moderators as PEOPLE, they're very nice. However, as moderators, they simply aren't doing a good job. That is exactly why people like me applied for staff, because I believe I can do a better job than the current staff. I don't have anything against them personally, except for the fact that I don't think they are running the community as smoothly as they should.

The people who do make those threads and criticize are the same people over and over. It isn't half of the member base.
HoodNigga
Dang Micron just styled on and sonned some of you CBeezies. (LOL Arjuna has started up a new smiley.)

QUOTE(radhikaeatsraman @ Jul 28 2007, 05:14 PM) *

Well Radhika I can understand where you're coming from for the most part, but I like the fact that they are nice as opposed doing everything on a job based fashion. If anything some of the mods , specifically Toya, don't get the appreciation they deserve. Probably the most helpful mod on CB.
Spirited Away
Solutions shouldn't come from one person. If he/she brings up a problem worth noting, then everyone should try to solve it together, seeing how we're a community and all... The person bringing up the problem may be crying out for help from everyone because he/she can't deal with it alone.

No man is an island, and all.
HakunaMatata
QUOTE(DaTru KataLYST @ Jul 28 2007, 02:17 PM) *
Trust me, it's not 50%. It's not 40, 30, 20, or 10%. You maybe very well be 0.01-1%.

It's more...50% really don't care.
Exactly. That's the beauty of it; it feels so big and so dramatic when things come up in the Feedback forum - but really, if you look at the bigger picture (which is hard to sometimes, with the constant bickering), most of the ommunity is either oblivious or conciously apathetic about the situation. Which I think speaks volumes about the situation - it's a small, small problem that a few people take as a bigger deal than it really is.
sadolakced acid
when you look at the big picture, cB is going down. It's not the drama, or the collapse of the community. It's a general apathy towards blogs that exists now a days.

I don't know about middle school, but in high school a myspace page was something to be laughed about. xanga- almost worse, and well who ever cared abotu live journal?

cB can't continue forever as a site focused on providing blog layouts and codes. In order to survive cB needs to diversify and expand.
DaTru KataLYST
I will agree with the global degradation of teenage blogging.

But it is not as steep a decline as we believe it to be. We are part of the maturing generation, and we can't really relate to the young, super tech-savvy youth. For all we know, the younger generation is still all hots for the glitter and Comic Sans MS.

cB is for blogs. In the end game, cB is Jusun honing and practicing his skills (and if it helps others, sure). When blogs are no longer hot, and Jusun deems it right, he'll close it down. It's the end; it happens.

But he's not going to close down the blog customization side of cB if the community side collapses. Although he'd like both sides to prosper, the argument that cB is turning to shit because of community is, as Jusun loves to say, pretty moot. ;)
ersatz
Wow are you kidding? Do you know how many people from my own school I've seen with Createblog layouts, and completely without me telling them about it?
demolished
haha. your school is popular with cB !

LOL.
kryogenix
QUOTE(micron @ Jul 28 2007, 04:39 PM) *

You seem to forget that I'm not representing just myself when I complain.

now you exaggerate. for 99.99% of the community members here, the staff members make their experience more enjoyable. its unfortunate you belong in the other 0.01%. whats even more unfortunate is that you seem be completely unaware that you belong to this teeeny minority... whose members i am able to count with one hand.

lol exaggerations. There are anywhere between 30-70 registered members on the board at a given time. 30 is a little low, but 70 is rather high since most people who sign up don't stay. I'll be generous and lets say on average, there are 50 regular members on the board. Of these members, I will tell you that at least 10% have strong feelings against the staff. If I dig in my PMs and IMs, that number could reach up to 25% or maybe even 40%.

Here's a problem: ask the people of North Korea how well they appreciate Kim Jong Il, and when the approval rating is 100%, tell me if you believe it's true. People have messaged me stating agreement with what I'm doing (and what others are doing), but said they aren't acting because they're afraid of getting the same persecution I've been getting from the mods.

might you want to point me to anything specific aside from the stuff you start to intentionally get under the staff members skin and then come crying to me when the staff punish you for them? wow, i think thats one big run on sentence.

I would but the last time I mentioned staff abuse that was completely unrelated to me, you wouldn't even consider the possibility that the mod did anything wrong.

And why must you continue saying that I'm doing things intentionally? I post how I want to post; if the mods have a problem with it and I don't think they should, then I bring it up.

right. i take that you are referring to sadolakced acid's post. i would have deleted that post too. its completely unacceptable to write a one liner that's crude and obnoxious, when there are people who actually take the staff hiring very seriously. its unbelievable that that person was offended when it was deleted, and its laughable that you point to this as an example to your cause.

Regardless, it change the fact that your suggestion demonstrated complete ignorance of the issue. Whether that ignorance is feigned or genuine, only you know.

As for the people criticizing micron's absence, I have to disagree. The guy is busy doing the important stuff that makes this place tick. However, what I do object to is how the guy claims in some cases that it's not his responsibility to take care of one thing, but then in other things he will take a position on it and the mods will use that.
ersatz
10% of 50 is 5...so...that's not refuting anything he said; he said you could count the people on one hand, right? Yeah; five.

Not trying to be mean or anything, just saying...
kryogenix
QUOTE(ersatz @ Jul 28 2007, 11:22 PM) *
10% of 50 is 5...so...that's not refuting anything he said; he said you could count the people on one hand, right? Yeah; five.

Not trying to be mean or anything, just saying...

You missed the point. 10% is not a negligible number when the total population is as small as it is here, though that 10% is being very generous by only counting those who have been flat out vocal about the poor modding.

Just saying.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.