Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: kryo
Forums > News and Announcements > Feedback > Feedback Resolved Topics
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
micron
so kryo (james) wants to speak but complained to me that his topics are always being closed... so lets hear him out. also staff, why dont you openly discuss here about the problems kryo is causing. maybe by having the opposing views come together like this we'll be able to find a middle ground.

if you wish to participate, keep in mind that communication is a two way street. when two opposing views clash, it doesnt neccessarily mean one is entirely right and the other entirely wrong. try to be open minded, consider the opposing view(s), be honest, admit to wrongdoings when wrong, and hopefully together we'll be able to get to the bottom of this.

please keep away from personal attacks. if this topic becomes one big staff bashing thread, its going to be closed. a little tact never hurts, so lets try use this as an opportunity to learn from and understand each another.
BOOGERSHAHA
no big opinion of what he does now, but he was a great moderator back in the day and moderated the small subforums that few of the other mods even glanced at.
SayBloodyMary
This thread is not a good idea. But Ok.

I think James' mistake has been to keep aggresively attacking the staff under the veil of defense, and thereby has irked the staff to the point where no one wants to work with him, or cares if he is satisfied.

I think that mistakes have been made by that Staff (an example would be Suzzette's last post in mod changes) is to continue warning him when all he is doing is being something of a nuisance, and thereby isolating him further.

If everyone just said 'water under the bridge,' we would be absolutely fine.
SayBloodyMary
Well, to be fair, I would choose a technique that potentially 'wouldn't' work, over on which demonstrably has not worked.

And in any event, perhaps it wasn't the fact that you warned him, but rather the fact that you warned him 'because he didnt do what you said.'
SayBloodyMary
Have you ever heard of 'post hoc ergo propter hoc?'

And that wasn't intended to be a direct quote, but rather an allusion to you saying 'despite the fact that I asked him not to several times.' We know that you did that, because we can all read it. It doesn't need to be said, and when you do, it makes you appear to be trying to assert your authority, when it is already apparent.

I'm not claiming that it was your intent to do this, but rather that little things make a difference, and if mods seem to be taking action because member disobey them, rather than because they broke the rules (even if it ammounts to exactly the same thing, and you're right to say that it does), that will lead to accusations of people being 'Nazi like,' or 'overly strict'
SayBloodyMary
Wait, sorry I editted my last post. Which part of that was it in reference to, or would you like to reply to the new stuff.

Sorry, I suddenly found more to say.
SayBloodyMary
Well, personally I wouldn't have warned him over that, but it really wasn't the broader point. It was just an illustration.

I know why you said what you said, and everyone knows why yu verbally warned him. And the point is that it would have been better not to add the 'despite the fact that you had repeatedly asked him not to. It goes without saying.
SayBloodyMary
OK. You're not understanding the subtlety of what I think the situation is. Which is unfortunate, but so be it.

Although I'll reiterate that it isn't a question of what you DID, but rather a question of how you seemed to do it.
brooklyneast05
i don't think she's (suzzetteee) the topic of this thread though, or the reason it was made, so i agree with her about not seeing why it's relevent.

i thought this was for kryogenix, to hear him out
?
SayBloodyMary
So, you don't see how looking at the situation as though there may be faults on both sides is relevant? Well that is likely to end in constructive dialogue.
brooklyneast05
maybe ur right, i don't know, i just thought this was about kryogenix
not about her saying "Despite the fact that I told him not to do so"

"so kryo (james) wants to speak but complained to me that his topics are always being closed... so lets hear him out. also staff, why dont you openly discuss here about the problems kryo is causing"

i guess i'm missing how that one quote by her is us discussing the problems kyro is causing

who knows,
u guys can continue on
SayBloodyMary
Well, I don't want to discuss 'the problems that kryo is causing,' because that isn't an accurate description of the situation. I intend to discuss 'the situation which broadly revolves around James.'

And that one quote is merely an example of what I see as one facet of the dilemna. It's not 'about' Suzzette, as such, she was just convenient.
brooklyneast05
i guess i just had different impression of what the topic was
"the situation which broadly revolves around James"
seems to be being discussed in numerous threads
i thought this one was created to be more specific to him,"the problems that kryo is causing" as micron said, and to hear him out, thats all .
which i guess u will when he posts.
i understand what u mean about Suzzette was just ur example

rightio
we're good
SayBloodyMary
Oh don't feel the need to apologize, you haven't offended me. I just think it would be better if everyone if people considered the bigger picture in the little things that they post. Again, it wasn't about you, I'd just happened to read your post right before I posted in here, and it struck me as relevant.
Spirited Away
"The problems Kryo is causing" is a result of staff behavior (from his p.o.v.), in which case James' assertions are relevant.
steve330
Maybe we should let him respond for himself instead of speaking on his behalf.
Besides, he caused global warming, he has a punishment to carry out.
Spirited Away
So in the "two way street", one way stands those against Kryo, and the other way is Kryo alone to defend himself?

Not that Kryo needs anyone to defend him , but those who share his opinions/support him should be able to speak out as well.
steve330
But this is a thread about him, and maybe he should speak his mind before you start making assumptions of what he's thinking and the stance he's taking.
Spirited Away
So, in a thread about Kryo, only Kryo is supposed to respond? He's not allowed to have allies or supporters who share his views? We're not allowed to say why we agree with certain things he's done?

So, people who have a problem with him can tell him what they think he did wrong, but people who doesn't have a problem with him cannot tell him what he did right?

That isn't a two way street cuz one of them is a dead end.
steve330
GG putting words in my mouth. I'm not saying no one can support him. I'm not saying this thread is about his "wrongs." I'm saying that instead of speaking on his behalf about things you assume he will say, you should let him be the first to speak his mind.
Spirited Away
If this thread is about his "wrongs", then Jusun shouldn't have said anything about having an "open mind" and all that.

No one is putting any words in his mouth yet. We're talking about what we saw and how we feel about what happened, not what we think Kryo saw and what we think he feels. Big difference.

"Problems Kryo caused" may not be "problems" to those who support him. That's what having a two way street means.

If this thread was intended for only those who have a problem with Kryo, then I suggest making this thread exclusive for those who dealt with him personally. *shrugs* I only think Kryo deserves a fair "trial".
steve330
I have dealt with him. Does it have to be negative? I sure hope not. You put words in my mouth. But if you want to keep arguing over it PM me and I'll gladly keep arguing with ya.
Spirited Away
No, thanks. I'm having a discussion, no arguments here. Differing opinions doesn't necessary means argument.

Again, I just think that people who want to support him should have just as much right to post here as those who are against him, whatnot. "Open mind" and all =)

Edit... I've "dealt" with him personally, too... in a positive way even though we disagree most of the time. I think he's great. He went too far with the scary images, but he's awesome for taking a stand.

People need to be outrageous to be heard, unfortunately.
Elba
I support him wave.gif
steve330
*shrug* I personally think he's funny as well, I just didn't think we should be stating what he thinks or feels. Supporting him is just fine imo, but who am I to judge :)
steve330
He's probably not @ a computer? Has he been active since this thread has been, other than maybe for a few minutes?
Spirited Away
Um, I don't think anyone has claim to know how Kryo feels about these things yet. At least, I don't see it. I just saw that James is saying what he thought Kryo did wrong and what he thought staff did wrong. Perfect two way street, imho.

Yea... give him some time to answer.
tripvertigo
The way i see it, kryo is like gandhi. the veterens have a big issue with the way cB is right now. Kryo is speaking out through civil disobedience. Sort of.

I applaud you, sir. Well done.
kryogenix
Sorry for my lack of participation, been too busy to give a well planned response. I will say that I encourage community participation as well, in order to show the staff that I'm not the only one who feels this way.
tripvertigo
i've been participating here and there.
demolished
I'm supporting both. I do respect kyro's past and what he had done for the community other than bashing. He has a story to tell. I like to hear him first.
MyMichelle
I liked his thread in relationships about the shiny Pidgey. ^_^"
steve330
Yeah man wtf was that girl thinking... SHINY!!!
Simba
Will wait.
kryogenix
Sorry, was in NYC, driving in Chinatown is a pain in the ass, lots of traffic, missed the giant explosion by a few mins, etc.

Ok, let's take this one step at a time.

What was I suspended for last?
demolished
LOL. No one wants to deal with this thread.
Spirited Away
Tee hee. What happened? He was suspended for some reason right?
kryogenix
Killing it with silence, eh?
heyyfrankie
QUOTE(kryogenix @ Jul 21 2007, 09:30 PM) *
Killing it with silence, eh?

I don't like the way cB is right now that much either...
but i do feel that there are better ways improve the community rather than being a jerk at time. :/
kryogenix
QUOTE(Spirited Away @ Jul 21 2007, 10:09 PM) *
Tee hee. What happened? He was suspended for some reason right?

Yeah, I want to know the "official" reason this time. The last time, they kept changing it.

So mods, why was I suspended and warned recently?
kryogenix
Same difference.

Now that we're at the point of the matter, I've already confirmed with micron that no spoilers were actually posted. What I posted was mere speculation, which has gone unwarned when posted by other people. Obviously we know Snape did not kill Hermoine. We know that Harry did not lose his powers to save his friends. So why did you guys insist that I posted spoilers?
tripvertigo
QUOTE(brownsugar @ Jul 23 2007, 07:44 AM) *
Because you were trying to be an asshole. We had no idea that that isn't what happened. You intended to be misleading. You wanted people to believe that they were spoilers. You wanted to ruin harry potter. You obnoxiously posted plausible endings to Harry Potter after it was made aware that the book was released on the internet. Now own up to it. Call me a nazi all you want, but you knew what you were doing.

Sorry, but that's hardly a warnable offense.

Warned and muted for trying to ruin Harry Potter?

I wasnt aware that there was a rule against that. You can't just make up rules as you guys go along.
kryogenix
And I did not break any rules and therefore deserved no punishment. Yet again, you guys made assumptions and acted prematurely and excessively. I would think you would have learned by now.

Since posting plausible endings is an offense, would you mind warning those who posted speculation on the book?
kryogenix
Ok, how could I stop posting spoilers when I didn't post any spoilers in the first place? And I seem to recall a group of mods posting something that caused disruption to the website around April 1...

Sure, I agree that personal judgment should be used when modding a forum. But when you're wrong, you're wrong. It seems that the mods are claiming infallibility when using "personal judgment" and they're eschewing being held accountable as a result.
kryogenix
Once again, being misleading is not an offense. Otherwise a lot of topics in the lounge would have to be closed. LMAO talk about double standards! So what you're saying is, the majority decides whether something is acceptable or not? Please.
heyyfrankie
no matter how valid or not valid you think the reason for being warned (spoilers) is...you were asked to stop repeatedly. And you didn't.

and that's just a blatant disrespect towards the staff.
kryogenix
QUOTE(ventriloquist @ Jul 23 2007, 01:16 PM) *
no matter how valid or not valid you think the reason for being warned (spoilers) is...you were asked to stop repeatedly. And you didn't.

and that's just a blatant disrespect towards the staff.

The problem was I didn't post any spoilers.

QUOTE(brownsugar @ Jul 23 2007, 01:18 PM) *
.........................................................I don't think that answered my question. blink.gif

I don't think your question is relevant.

lol here comes the cavalry

4 Members: SayBloodyMary, Arjuna Capulong, brownsugar, ventriloquist
heyyfrankie
QUOTE(kryogenix @ Jul 23 2007, 12:18 PM) *
The problem was I didn't post any spoilers.

though that may be true, i'm not saying yes or no, you were asked/told/wanred to stop.

I mean, you gotta pick your battles around here and when you consider your own actions around here lately, you knew that you were pushing the staff's (suzzette's) buttons.
ersatz
No one knew they weren't spoilers at the time, and the posting disability was a preventative measure. If you didn't want your post disabled, you could have just stopped. Everyone knew the book was posted on the internet and since it was never clarified by yourself when you were posting them that they were indeed "speculation" and not actual spoilers, no one could have known the truth. In case they were spoilers, you were stopped.

If you explained yourself as much as you expect the mods to explain themselves, there wouldn't be a problem. _smile.gif
kryogenix
QUOTE(brownsugar @ Jul 23 2007, 01:20 PM) *
My question is completely relevant. If you want to get anything solved, stop playing around and cut to the chase. I am going to treat you with respect, I deserve the same respect back.

For the sake of argument, let's say I did. How is that wrong? How many times do people post misleading topic titles? How is it different from your April Fool's joke (which was a horrible abuse, but first things first, let's get this problem solved before tackling that)

QUOTE(ersatz @ Jul 23 2007, 01:36 PM) *
No one knew they weren't spoilers at the time, and the posting disability was a preventative measure. If you didn't want your post disabled, you could have just stopped. Everyone knew the book was posted on the internet and since it was never clarified by yourself when you were posting them that they were indeed "speculation" and not actual spoilers, no one could have known the truth. In case they were spoilers, you were stopped.

If you explained yourself as much as you expect the mods to explain themselves, there wouldn't be a problem. _smile.gif

LOL no. The mods were wrong. I'd like them to admit they were wrong now and apologize. Why should I stop if I didn't do anything wrong?

The mods are keeping an eye on the people, but who's keeping an eye on the mods. What I am doing is keeping them honest. I am doing nothing wrong but it seems the problem the mods have is me bringing their abuses to light. Too bad they can't close this topic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.