Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BET Music Awards `07
Forums > Community Center > Music
Relentless
Did you guys think it was good? I thought it was pretty good and I think the best performance was Beyoncé. The only thing I didn't get was that Lil Wayne got to be the most viewed music video or something like that, and I don't like him. His rapping stinks even though I'm not that into rap.

What about you guys?
laxumaster8
i saw pictures from it...man, Beyonce was really 'shiny' during the whole thing... blink.gif
Simba
You guys saw that "Arjuna," right? eyebrowes.gif
Flair
Pft. Only 3 posts? Grr ... anyway no, I didn't see it. They don't show the BET awards in Belgium. If they do, I'm not aware of it.
karmakiller
There's too many awards shows during the summer rolleyes.gif I'm not a fan of rap, so of course... I didn't watch it.

I've always found it odd, though, that Music Television (MTV) has movie awards. But they also don't play music that often, sooo...
mzkandi
Oh, it aired already? Meh, I never had any intentions on watching it anyways.
xKatt
QUOTE(laxumaster8 @ Jun 27 2007, 03:57 PM) *
i saw pictures from it...man, Beyonce was really 'shiny' during the whole thing... blink.gif

She's always shiny. blink.gif
Jeng
YEAH I SAW ITTTT. I was hoping Chris Brown would perform, but he didn't, I liked Beyonces performance.
Relentless
^ Yeah I thought Chris Brown was gonna perform on one of his new songs Wall to Wall but he didn't.

Yeah Beyonce clothes they were shiny, cuz she had a robot dance/scene in the beggining.
heyyfrankie
they had this same question on one of the local hip hop stations here.
a woman called and she was like, "Beyonce has got it goin' on...BUT JENNIFER HUDSON IS NUMBER ONE!"

then the lady proceeded to rave about Jennifer for the next 30 seconds.

the DJ hung up on her. (he loves beyonce)

:D
freeflow
QUOTE(mzkandi @ Jun 27 2007, 04:13 PM) *
Oh, it aired already? Meh, I never had any intentions on watching it anyways.

Same. I thought it would come on later in the year. It tends to get boring too.
hi-C
QUOTE(brownsugar @ Jun 27 2007, 09:09 PM) *
I don't know how to explain it...I know J. Hudson is a powerful singer, I just don't like listening to her. She overdoes it to me.
Then you must've hated her and J. Holliday's opening performance. Goddamn those women were screaming.
freeflow
J. Holiday was on it? Dang I gotta watch it. I love that kid.
DarkImpressions
I thought it was Ok.
I mean,Ciaras performance wasnt that good to me.
I liked Beyonces the best.
Rachel
Yooooo Beyonce ripped that performance from Kylie Minogue!

Oh snap: http://perezhilton.com/?p=394
Relentless
QUOTE(hi-C @ Jun 27 2007, 11:11 PM) *
Then you must've hated her and J. Holliday's opening performance. Goddamn those women were screaming.

O M G. I COULDN'T STAND THAT. It was so crazy and they seemed like they were screaming, but I can't believe I actually just watched that (Laughed a couple times since that girl kept screaming or yelling or whatever the hell she was doing) whole thing instead of changing the channel for a bit.

Well, maybe Beyonce didn't know about it? Or maybe she got an idea from her. But between Kylie Minogue and Beyonce, I'll say Beyonce performance was better. (= Her performance was hott and surprising she can do really good vocals with dancing her heart out at the same time unlike other artists. o.O
kantoaznboi
yea beyonce gave a good performance, but wat did the whole robot have 2 do with the rest of her performance? it was jsut all for show, at least in kylie's there was a robotic quality to her performance. and i thought kylie's robot suite was way better then beyonces lol
Gigi
QUOTE(Rachel @ Jun 27 2007, 10:59 PM) *
Yooooo Beyonce ripped that performance from Kylie Minogue!

Oh snap: http://perezhilton.com/?p=394

Hell yes she did! I actually read about that on What Would Tyler Durden Do (Perez Hilton - but way more cruel), and I scoffed. That was soooo stupid of her.

Actually, copying aside, Beyonce's performance outfit was absolutely ridiculous. Sure, Balenciaga's great and all (ilu, Nic Ghesquiere), but did you notice her pant-things? Those are Balenciaga's gold leggings. And they sell for $100,000. No joke. Leggings are questionable enough, but gold? And for 100k? Oh dear.

WHY?
Detective
I watched parts of it. But it was good.
devaani
Beyonce did best, but Ciara did one hell of a good job. & I loved how when Keyshia Cole was beginning to perform the boys were yelling "EAST OAKLAND". BAY AREA ALL THE WAYY !! haha.

Jennifer Hudson & Jennifer Holliday did a reaaall good job too (=

overall the ceremony was nice.
laxumaster8
yea, what was up with the whole "showdown" thing between holliday and hudson? i dunno, they both have extremely powerful voices but sometimes it makes me laugh how much they overdo it
Godsend
I heard they caught 50 Cent lipsyncing. How was that?
Godsend
QUOTE(brownsugar @ Jul 1 2007, 08:00 AM) *
^ I don't think it's that big of a deal. I mean it's not like if it was a singer. You can't say, "Oh that's not his voice!"

But it's just embarrassing and it was infront of alot of people.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.