Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: forum reorganization
Forums > News and Announcements > Feedback > Feedback Resolved Topics
micron
id like to do something about the current organization of the forums, especially since theres been a lot of complaints about it. while i go look at some of the bigger forums out there and see how they organized things in hopes that i can get some ideas, why dont you all post your version of how youd like createblog to be organized. id like to make the reorganization by early next week.

please keep discussions to a minimum. if youd like to participate, post a COMPLETE forum structure, not just the resource center or community center. also include what made you organize the forum in such a way. for reference sake, our previous forum organization discussion can be found here:

http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=121275
mzkandi
QUOTE(ThomasC @ Jun 20 2007, 11:49 AM) *
What complaints have been made in regards to the current orginization to the forums?

A lot of them are mentioned in the link provided. =]

Another related topics:
http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php...=reorganization

I do believe there are more.......
mzkandi
I think we should keep discussion to a minimal, as stated. And I also think that this topic is for those who have problems with the way things are arranged and allows them an opportunity to make suggestions for a better forum arrangement.
karmakiller
I would just like to say that I miss the way that the Resource forums were. I didn't really see anything wrong with them in the beginning (except getting rid of the request forums, as we didn't have enough people to fill the requests.)
alovesopure
I definitely miss how the Resource center used to be. But with that said, I think maybe even if we just added a "Graphics help" and maybe I joint request forum for ANY sort of site requests, then that would be good. It would definitely help clean out the Designers Cafe.
tripvertigo
i dont really like how all the showcase forums were combined.

How many levels deep can you have subforums?

You should just try having forums for each site (myspace, blogger, xanga, websites) and then put subforums for Help,Showcase, etc.

In addition to Help and Showcase, I think there should be a Discussions forum for each.

For developers cubicle and webmasters corner, you can put those under Website Development.

And then Designers Cafe would just be for graphics.
speakerboxx123
i was just going to PM Micron about this...ironic...
but where are the links for technology, health, school, etc.?
freeflow
I don't really want to make a whole outline because I like how most are now. My only suggestion would be to Break up Designers' Cafe and Graphics help. Break up the showcase forums. That all. :)
steve330
I say we add a Sex forum
steve330
one to contain all the threads asking about oral sex, masturbation, etc etc.
steve330
then think of a better name instead of criticizing the already proposed name
SayBloodyMary
We've had a Sex Forum proposed numerous times in the past.

Th egneral consensus (or at least the main argtuments against, and given that it didn't happen, I suppose that makes it a consensus) was that it would a) detract from the Locker Rooms by taking a number of 'their' topics, and b) be inappropriate or more accurately be poorly handled. We did, however, get the Health Forum out of it, as I recall.

Personally, I just see it as any othe rproposed new forum. WOuld be fine, but there is no real need for it, and it would just be more clutter..

Oh, and in the outline Thomas posted, I don't like the subforums in entertainment.
mzkandi
I was thinking if we combined both the girls' and boys' locker room into one forum, we could maybe have sex forum (name subject to change) as a subforum. Kind of like how Entertainment used to be when Forum Games was in that forum, if anyone can remember back that long. That's just one suggestion.
SayBloodyMary
^ See, now that's better, but I still would prefer retaining the division between boys and girls.
st3ev0
Why not combine them though? It seems as if they both have the same topics. I mean a couple days ago I only saw oral sex as the most recent topic in both forums. Also if you take a look at the boy's locker, 95% of the topics in there are polls. No real discussion really goes on. The few topics that go on there (maybe cars or something like that) could be placed into the interest section. Come to think of it you could combine relationships with them too, and label the new forum "Testosterone and Estrogen"
mysticalazxn
The 'showcae booth' is so unorganize.

there should be a sub category for myspace, xanga, etc. like the 'site specific talk'

and under sub category we can put layout, banner

I notice that the post dramatically goes down beacause of the organization. The 'showcae booth' is what gave createblog.com great hit. If this problem should be solve ASAP!
I kinda think there are still too many subforums in the Interest forum. It would be nifty if we did have a sex forum.
steve330
If you look right now, both the girl/boy's locker have Circumcision posts active. Goes with Oral Sex too. Besides, the boy's locker is just a plethora of polls.
sadolakced acid
- the community

-- the club
---- the lounge
---- introductions
---- sandbox
---- comedy corner

-- the B'n'N
---- books
---- movies and telly
---- music
---- art

-- the coffeshop
---- debate
---- school
---- technology
---- writing

-- The scene
---- food
---- fashion
---- sports
---- pictures

-- the lockerrooms
---- health
---- relationships
---- The lockers

Pretty rough, but the general concept still applies.
HakunaMatata
^So are the subcategories (i.e. health, relationships, the lockers --> the lockerrooms) subforums or "all of the posts from the following go here" kind of thing?

oro.gif Wow, good luck comprehending that.
sadolakced acid
they're subforums.

this is an old diagram, so it might not account for any new forums from the last, oh say, year or so, but it should work with a bit of tweaking.

which, i think someone more familiar with how the forums operate these days should do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.