Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WHAT!
Forums > News and Announcements > Feedback > Feedback Resolved Topics
speakerboxx123
okay, i've made better layouts than [this] and they've not been accepted...and im surprised this one was...!!

_dry.gif
Detective
How did you layout look like?
kryogenix
Wow, that layout looks like ass. And I'm saying that while being nice.
speakerboxx123
does it matter how my layouts look? i think thats kind of unfair that that layout was accepted, thats all im trying to say...
speakerboxx123
im just saying that this is way to simple compared to most of the layouts i've made :[

and i know about the guidelines, but still, this is way to boring.
1angel3
Yea I know how you feel, I got my converse rock layout deleted during house cleaning but it back up now. But I look around and there are layouts way worse that they didn't delete, I'm like what the HECK!
speakerboxx123
^^ exactly, but i guess they "fit" the guidlines better than ours.
1angel3
Yea maybe, but if you seen them, you prob have, they suck
SarahxJoy
Well, even if you don't like it, others do. It's been favorited three times, and someone commented that they liked it because it was simple.
freeflow
QUOTE(1angel3 @ Jun 18 2007, 03:27 PM) *
Yea I know how you feel, I got my converse rock layout deleted during house cleaning but it back up now. But I look around and there are layouts way worse that they didn't delete, I'm like what the HECK!

If you read what Suzzette posted you would know why.
in anycase, im going to ask everyone to loosen up on teh standards. instead of accepting what pleases you, think in terms of the community. ask yourself, will someone out there use this layout / graphic ? if the answer is yes, accept the layout, no matter how you may feel about it. your perspective is very important, but only because you should be thinking behalf of the community, not yourselves.

Hence why the standards have gotten lower and why some layouts that were rejected during house cleaning were brought back. Read the entire post to know why.

Seriously guys try to act a tiny bit more mature about the situation. If you guys read the thread you would know why standards have been going down. How do you know there were not factors in your layouts such as extremely low quality images, bad representations of text etc that that layout doesn't have. I'm not a big fan of it but its simplistic and there isn't that much wrong with it.
Don't take this offensively or anything but there are numerous different factors that can contribute to why or why not a layout is rejected.

People asked you _cheekz_, what your layout looked like so you can maybe get a better explanation. We don't need this thread to diss on layouts. If you don't like it make a constructive comment about it. Otherwise whats really the point of this thread? The answer was pretty much given we're loosening up the standards..

kimmytree
I see what you're saying. I dont know what your submissions that were rejected looked like, but i cant believe this one was actually accepted. Yeah, it's minimal, but my goodness. wacko.gif
Mercy
Im not trying to be a jerk,But im wondering
If you knew it was so boring and too simple why did you send it in the first place??
speakerboxx123
QUOTE(Mercy @ Jun 18 2007, 07:12 PM) *
Im not trying to be a jerk,But im wondering
If you knew it was so boring and too simple why did you send it in the first place??

huh?
Mercy
You said you submited better layouts and they got rejected.
What im trying to understand is why did you submit that one if you knew it was not as good as the ones you normaly make

Or am i missunderstanding you?
Elba
He/she did not submit that one...

It would be better if the two center divs were aligned and the same were width.
speakerboxx123
^^ im a he :]
and no i didnt submit it.
Mercy
Oh ok im sorry.I saw your name in the comments Nevermind. *sweatdrop*
speakerboxx123
hehe :] its okay...
falsetigerlimbs
This thread is kind of pointless unless you actually show us what layouts you submitted that were rejected... from my perspective it seems like you don't want to post them because you secretly think they deserved to be rejected. You never know, if you post them, maybe we will all agree with you and be like, "Yeah, wtf, your layouts definitely should have been accepted"
1angel3
^ yea i agree, post them please, we don't bit
SinfullySweet
Exactly. I understand comepletely. When I read the new thread about the lower cB standards, the thread was posted AFTER the housecleaning of cB. I wondered, wouldnt the lower standards let lower quality layouts into cb? I.E. It would cause conflict such as this topic. It cases you to think, why was my layout rejected in the past, while this horrible layout was accepted now
freeflow
It wasn't an exactly "planned" decision so to say. Prior to cb4 some of the staff (I included obviously) started house cleaning for the constant need for higher standards. House cleaning was put on hold for the launch of cb4. Then pretty much he same post you guys are reading is similiar to what we were given as well. So hence why the standards became more lenient after house cleaning. We didn't plan it that way its one of those things that kind of happen but not at the greatest time. It wasn't planned and it wasn't intentional. So yea. Even if the standards are more lenient now somethings just had to go and were not good then and for some they wouldn't be that great if we were lenient. pinch.gif
micron
hi guys,

i rejected that layout, the reason being that the center modules didnt share the same width.
SinfullySweet
That creater of that layout is going to hunt us all down XD.gif
micron
i explained to him / her. im going to close this now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.