Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: period problems.. =/ help?
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Girls' Locker
rdogg549
ok so the past few months my period has been coming early and i had my period for about 3 or so years nad its never early but also it lastest more then 7 days, should it? sometimes it lastest about 7 or 8 days maybe 9 should i go to the doctor, my mom said its nothing she said it will be like that sometimes but i alway thought it should never be more then 7 days and for like 3 or 4 months it has been like a week or 2 early what does this mean?
loveylovely
Maybe you are off-track on your schedule? ermm.gif Sometimes if you get behind, it will last 7-8 days long. If it lasts longer than 9 days I would go ask a doctor about that.
karmakiller
I've had an abnormal period ever since I started getting it, 4 and half years ago. I went to my doctor (who's been my doctor since I was a baby). I told her about and asked her what my options were. She said that because I don't have horrible cramps and really heavy bleeding that she was going to wait to do anything for me. I don't know if you have heavy bleeding or really bad cramps, but if you do then you should talk to your doctor about it. I know it's a pain in the ass, because it is for me. Sometimes mine will last 7-8 days or as few as 4 and I never know what time of the month is going to be my time of the month, haha. If it's something that concerns you, it's not going to hurt getting it checked out, esspecially if you have a history of anything in your family (I don't know how old you are.)

eep, long post.
EmoEyelinerx
They both have great suggestions ^.
rdogg549
well im only 15... so yea... its not like heavy blooding and the cramps are like the ones always get like they didnt get wrost or anything...
ashleybby
maybe you are stressed or something and its causing that to happen
?
because i know if i get stressed alot, my period is all weird.
karmakiller
It might just be a hormonal thing shrug.gif and ashley brought up a good point about stress, because certain things that happen will affect your hormones. I know it's a pain in the butt but (esspecially since you aren't having heavy bleeding and bad cramps) it might just be the way you are. Just make sure you always have stuff with you just in case. If it's a problem when you're a bit older talk to your doctor, she might recommend birth control pills to give you more control over your period.
LennonLime
QUOTE(karmakiller @ Jun 2 2007, 12:57 AM) *
It might just be a hormonal thing shrug.gif and ashley brought up a good point about stress, because certain things that happen will affect your hormones. I know it's a pain in the butt but (esspecially since you aren't having heavy bleeding and bad cramps) it might just be the way you are. Just make sure you always have stuff with you just in case. If it's a problem when you're a bit older talk to your doctor, she might recommend birth control pills to give you more control over your period.

exactly. I've had this problem before, and it definately could just be hormones.
Venia
i have a question . . . my periods are usually six weeks or more apart, and they only last about 4 days. i usually randomly skip at least two a year. i don't get bad bleeding or craps, so i never told anyone. is this a problem?
Malibuu
QUOTE(rdogg549 @ May 30 2007, 09:25 PM) *
ok so the past few months my period has been coming early and i had my period for about 3 or so years nad its never early but also it lastest more then 7 days, should it? sometimes it lastest about 7 or 8 days maybe 9 should i go to the doctor, my mom said its nothing she said it will be like that sometimes but i alway thought it should never be more then 7 days and for like 3 or 4 months it has been like a week or 2 early what does this mean?

Just get the depo shot! You NEVER get a period && i love it!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.