Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: nails
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Girls' Locker
mmhmichelle
okay,well,the other i went shopping with my friends,and i bought some nail polish. i started using it in 1st grade and such,so i knew it was okay.
so i painted my toenails,and my mom sees them and goes ballistic saying i'm "too young" for nail polish.
i'm twelve. it's soo retarded,she's getting more overprotective every year,and it pisses me off how she doesn't let me do things i did when i was younger.

okay,so,do you think 12 yr. olds are too young for nail polish and why ?
-sincerely
i honestly find that really stupid. blink.gif i'm going to be 15 on june 13th, but i was allowed to wear nailpolish since like, 4 years of age. ermm.gif i don't get really how that can be something innapropriate, i guess she thinks it'll attract guys or something wink.gif LMAO. anyway, i guess she just doesn't wanna see her baby growing up. pinch.gif did you try asking her why she thinks you're too young for it? like you said, you wore it before, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal...
voguelove
whatt?

i started wearing nail polish when i was like..6. we're girls. thats our instinct. it's to try to make ourselves "prettier" or whatever. i dont udnerstand why your mom forbids that.
Phil2thejay
Lol what!? Your mom doesn't let you wear that? Wow overprotective much.
Speaking of nail polish. One time my sister painted one of my hands with lime green nail polish when I was asleep. When I woke up my dad saw it. It wasn't a pleasant site after that.
mmhmichelle
haha. i asked her why not and she's all like "i just don't want you to !!"
my mom is so ugh now,because she thinks that everything i do is to impress guys.
-sincerely
yeah but guys don't go around saying like, "I WANNA GO OUT WITH HER BECAUSE SHE PAINTS HER NAILS PINK!! biggrin.gif" lmao~! i mean, it shouldn't really be that big of a deal, but whatever. i'm not your mom. whistling.gif
stephinika
Guys don't even really pay attention to nails. I mean, c'mon. I thought my mom was bad...just try to explain to her that's not the reason for you painting your nails if you can.
cori-catastrophe
uhm...my four year old sister painted her nails yesterday. i don't see anyything wrong with it at all. blink.gif
NgocQuyen
lol i don't see anything wrong with painting your nails really. the fumes in the nail salons always get me though. haha. my sister's shop doesn't smell that bad though. haha. anyways. having the polish on your nails isn't bad, maybe they just don't want you smelling the fumes? i have no idea.
xBUTTMUNCHx
i wore nail polish since i can remember? like 3 or 4yrs old? your mom is trippen. i mean come on now, your 12!
EmoEyelinerx
HELL NO! No ones to young for nail polish I mean when I go to places I see baby's nails panted. Your mom is seriosly CRAZY if she thinks your to young for nail polish. I mean my parents could care less about nail polish or makeup. Right now im wearing black nail polish. I have been wearing nail polish since I was like 1.
prettygirl
I don't think 12 is too young for nail polish however your mom might not like the smell and be using your age as an excuse for you not to wear it?
Smoogrish
Haha, I can actually see what you mean. My mom doesn't really care, but my dad is always like, "Are you trying to impress guys or something?" and doesn't really like it when I do my nails. I paint them anyways, though. There's not really much they can do about it. _smile.gif Just explain to her you're not trying to show off or anything, it just brings more color to your life?
ashleybby
thats weird
why would it be wrong for a 12 yr old to wear nail polish??
my neice is 6 and she wears it.
asphyxiated_catastrophe
Wow that does sound pretty crazy... blink.gif
My mom totally freaks out whenever I paint my nails black or dark blue or dark purple because she thinks im trying to look rebelious or something, and I guess I can understand her reasoning since a lot of my friends paint their nails black and they get into a LOT of trouble at school and stuff...

What color do you want to paint your nails? If it's just pink or something like that I would have to agree with everyone else who has said that maybe she thinks that you're trying to impress boys and that she doesn't want her little girl to grow up :]
Nugget
aww. i most definitely do not! i think i saw like, a girl, not even 12, got fake nails on in my dad's old salon. i was like wthh?! i wasn't even allowed to get nails then. i got jealous. ;[ anyways, i feel bad. :[
mmhmichelle
i painted them neon pink. haha. but yeah,she went crazy. idk why.
but yeah,i'll prbly talk to her about it soon.
alovesopure
Erm, yeah. I've been painting my nails since I was about 4 or 5. _unsure.gif I think it's fine, that is silly that your mom went crazy over it.
alysaphobia

I've been using nail polish since... forever. blink.gif

You should try explaining to your mom that you'll take care of your nails and they'll be fine anyways.
breakingdawn
My aunt is like that. She doesn't let my cousins paint their nails and she bitched at me for painting mine red.

Um, what color did you paint them? If it was like black or a really dark color I could see how she might think it's a little inappropriate for a 12 year old.
YaGurlSukedMe2SLeep
Depends, is it red and on your pinky?
trulyandnever
I'd die without nailpolish, lol.
My mother used to encourage nailpolish when I used to bite my nails.
When I did finally stop (4years ago) she'd get rawr when I continued.
Was a bit.. wtf. But she got over it. Now I usually do up to 2 colours on the one nail and stuff.
Its real trippy :P She can learn to deal with it.
BrokenDream

mellow.gif

That's extremely strange to me. I've been wearing nailpolish ever since a wee baby. Well, I guess your mom is oddly different. Nail polish is not that bad..
PINAYSTER
aww that's cute how you had your nail polish when you were younger..
probably it reminded her of how old you're getting.. parents are all like that!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.