Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: another question
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Girls' Locker
miszxjojo
when you go swimming during your period will it leak out into the pool or w.e you're swimming at ? and does it leak through your bathing suit ?

i dont have my period yet and i did ask my mom but she confused me lol so im asking here

and please dont be mean !!!
concreteangel
If you wear a tampon you'll be okay and it wont leak out.
I wouldnt recommend wearing a sanitary napkin though.
miszxjojo
but what if you just wear your bathing suit with nothing for your period ?=X and when you first get it, isnt it just like a little dot ? thats what my friend says.. and my moms scaring me she says A LOT comes out when you first get it and if i get at school it'll leak through my clothes and onto the chair ermm.gif
prettygirl
maybe you're really a boy. (Just joking)
miszxjojo
*looks down*
whoa i see a penis ! maybe i am a boy ! lmao jk jk =X

but i would rather be a boy though =X
they have it much easier mellow.gif
marzipan
I heard that the cool water would slow down the flow of the blood, but I don't know if that's true.
I had to swim on the 1st day of one of my periods at a swim meet. My mother won't let me use a tampon, so I was pretty freaked out. It leaked a little, but not much.
But yeah, it would show through after the first day. Don't swim on your period without a tampon.
EmoEyelinerx
If your wearing a tampon it wont leak out. Make sure to check it every so ofter and put another one in. Why do you need to know this anways if your not on your period?
EmoEyelinerx
QUOTE(miszxjojo @ May 25 2007, 01:29 PM) *
but what if you just wear your bathing suit with nothing for your period ?=X and when you first get it, isnt it just like a little dot ? thats what my friend says.. and my moms scaring me she says A LOT comes out when you first get it and if i get at school it'll leak through my clothes and onto the chair ermm.gif

No lmao its not just a dot. Its BLOOD. Well it sorta comes out alot when you first get it but just make sure to switch your pad/tampon alot. And no if you get it at school it wont leak through your clothes and onto your chair unless your bleeding like someone shot you laugh.gif
NgocQuyen
when i first got my period i didn't bleed a lot, and mine only lasted for like 3 days. it's not that bad. just relax. i thought it was going to be hell too, but it's not that bad. and to your first question if you wear a tampon you should be alright. it shouldn't leak out into the pool or anything of that nature. perhaps you're just imagining too much. blood isn't going to just POOR out of you. it'll be fine. :)
RyanWasHere
Anything that bleeds once a month from there no-no spot has to be the devil.

That's all I have to say.
deplorable
¨¨ i agree¨¨ wait.. no, im a girl... never mind.

anyway. in my past experiences you dont really bleed in the water, the water stops it (well not really the water, more like the pressure of the oxygen pushing down on the surface of the water, but hey, thats science...and well, lets not go into that discussion.

and im not going to lie. my 1st period yearrrrrs ago was BaD! but you know, its not like its going to come all at once without warning. you usually get some signs (i.e. spotting) the day before...

anywho. quit freaking out. breathe. its gonna be okay :)
Mercy
Its really best for you just to wear a tampon or if you cant wear those avoid swiming period (no pun intended),regardless if your flow is light for sanitation reasons.
fireworksatnoon
I had to swim today with no pad or tampon. Nothing leaked out while i was swimming. You have to hurry and change though. I think it dpends on what kind of flow you have. Mine is now a light flow.
steve330
Wouldn't it be kinda grossly funny if you saw some girl with a red'ish trail behind her?
concreteangel
Isnt it also unhealthy for not only you but also the people around you in the pool?
RyanWasHere
QUOTE(concreteangel @ May 25 2007, 10:13 PM) *
Isnt it also unhealthy for not only you but also the people around you in the pool?

Of course not I love swimming in vagina juice.
trulyandnever
QUOTE(RyanWasHere @ May 26 2007, 03:13 PM) *
Of course not I love swimming in vagina juice.

lolll... mellow.gif shifty.gif rolleyes.gif

But uhm, yeeah, I think tampon should be fine.
I've gone with a tampon before, didnt die or anything.
Otherwise, it could get a bit.. woah.
LOWinSKANK
if you don`t have your period yet, don`t worry. unless you spend all your time in a pool i doubt you`ll start your period in one.
yeseulx3
if you don't even have your period yet, i don't think you'd have much to worry about ..
unless you think you're getting signs or someother.
then, i'd recommend trying out tampons. :]
slammin shelby
Hahahahahahahahahaha.

First off. Wait until you get your peroid before you ask. Second of all it's called a TAMPON.
Stick it in your vajay-jay when you bleed and when you want to go in water.

WTF.
stephinika
^^
LOL, va-jay-jay... laugh.gif That just cracked me up.
But like everyone said, just relax and wait until it actually happens and just use a tampon and it'll be fine.
miszxjojo
um.. my mom doesnt want me using tampons... and i dont they hurt ? =X
marzipan
Yeah, I don't use tampons either.

So...then don't go swimming on your period...when you get it. mellow.gif
And don't join swim team.
I did that....and had to skip quite a few practices.
I have bad luck with periods and water events...>_>
alysaphobia

^2 Tampons are a livesaver.

It's uncomfortable to insert them initially, but it's not like actually painful... it just feels kinda funny, for me at least. After you put it in, you can't feel them at all given you've inserted it correctly. Once you've used it a few times, you get used to it and it's a total breeze to use them.

Oh, and it feels a lot better rather than sitting in soiled pads. pinch.gif
littleswallow
Hmm.. I was told that there wouldn't be any leaks... I think it has something to do with the pressure the water exerts on your body or something...

If you do decide to swim while you're on your period, STAY IN THE WATER. Once you take the plunge, stay there, cause if you get out of the water, you will have a leak...

... well, that's what I was told...
breakingdawn
QUOTE(deus_ex_machina @ May 27 2007, 09:34 AM) *
Hmm.. I was told that there wouldn't be any leaks... I think it has something to do with the pressure the water exerts on your body or something...

If you do decide to swim while you're on your period, STAY IN THE WATER. Once you take the plunge, stay there, cause if you get out of the water, you will have a leak...

... well, that's what I was told...

well, you're going to have to get out sooner or later... whistling.gif

Just wear a tampon to be safe. It's not that big of a deal.
EmoEyelinerx
QUOTE(&/degradanca. @ May 27 2007, 03:21 AM) *

^2 Tampons are a livesaver.

It's uncomfortable to insert them initially, but it's not like actually painful... it just feels kinda funny, for me at least. After you put it in, you can't feel them at all given you've inserted it correctly. Once you've used it a few times, you get used to it and it's a total breeze to use them.

Oh, and it feels a lot better rather than sitting in soiled pads. pinch.gif

2 tampons in at the same time? Talk about a highter percentage about getting TSS.
alysaphobia
QUOTE(XxSugarKisses_TeddyHugsxX @ May 27 2007, 09:53 PM) *
2 tampons in at the same time? Talk about a highter percentage about getting TSS.
^ No no no, you misunderstood, I meant I was referring ^ up two posts rather than actually talking about using 2 tampons. tongue.gif
EmoEyelinerx
Ohhh lol
timeflies51
Why won't your mom let you use a tampon? That's what you use when you go swimming. In fact, that's the only time I use tampons...

And it's not just a little dot (I suppose the word "period" makes it deceiving). It's usually more than that. It's absolutely NOTHING to worry about, though.

But yeah, don't just go swimmming without anything. But don't wear a pad, everyone's going to see it anyway. And with nothing...ugh, I'd just feel gross.

So yeah, talk to your mom about the tampon thing. Because personally, I'd be really annoyed if I couldn't go swimming with my friends because I had my period and wasn't allowed to wear a tampon.
cori-catastrophe
when you first start your period, it depends on how long it's been there as to how much is there. for example, a longer time period will result in more blood.
as for swimming, either only stay in for a short period of time or use a tampon. as far as tampons go...i'm not going to lie. it hurt the hell out of me the first time i used one. i felt like a penguin. it stretches things down there. but after the first time, it's not so bad.
at school, you need to start carrying a purse with pads/tampon or start carrying quarters everyday. that is, only if your school has a machine, which i would hope they do. good luck.
swishersweet
I wish I could give you advice.
Just practice safe sex with a condom thumbsup.gif
NgocQuyen
^hahaha that made me laugh. but it kind of has nothing to do with anything. haha still funny. :)
fathomlessdame
your period stops while your in water, whether you be in the shower or swimming...

the only reason i dont swim when i have my period is cuz i dont want to leak while i'm out of the water for brief amounnts for time and i dont want to use tampons..
Mercy
QUOTE(steve330 @ May 26 2007, 02:38 AM) *
Wouldn't it be kinda grossly funny if you saw some girl with a red'ish trail behind her?

OH GOD.THAT WOULD BE SO GROSS.
Rachel
QUOTE(fathomlessdame @ May 28 2007, 10:07 PM) *
your period stops while your in water, whether you be in the shower or swimming...

blink.gif What the hell are you talking about? No it doesn't
HakunaMatata
It doesn't stop in the shower, but when swimming the water pressure usually uhhhh, keeps things in.
xBUTTMUNCHx
ew ew ew, i'll just suggest you not swim at all when your on you period...i mean, i don't feel like doing anything at all. urgh.. LOL.
fathomlessdame
QUOTE(Rachelislove @ May 29 2007, 02:20 AM) *
blink.gif What the hell are you talking about? No it doesn't

well it does for me
ClandestineMind
QUOTE(concreteangel @ May 26 2007, 11:13 AM) *

Exactly what I was thinking. Out of courtesy to the other swimmers, I'd say don't swim unless you plan on wearing a tampon.
PINAYSTER
during PE .. our next activity was swimming
i was on my period during the time
me.. wanting achievement and success in my life still went swimming during my period!

my friends told me that going swimming during period is alright
cuz it stops for a while

so yeahh.. it turned out it didn't leak through.. =]
swishersweet
QUOTE(x_pinaystyle_x @ May 30 2007, 12:32 AM) *
during PE .. our next activity was swimming
i was on my period during the time
me.. wanting achievement and success in my life still went swimming during my period!

my friends told me that going swimming during period is alright
cuz it stops for a while

so yeahh.. it turned out it didn't leak through.. =]

swimming in PE??? u must go to a private school cuz i've never heard of that one b4... i always thought u had to take "swimming" to be on the swim team or wat not.. or just swim lol..
timeflies51
QUOTE(krn_kiddo254 @ May 30 2007, 10:07 PM) *
swimming in PE??? u must go to a private school cuz i've never heard of that one b4... i always thought u had to take "swimming" to be on the swim team or wat not.. or just swim lol..

we have to swim in PE as well, and i go to a public school.
BrokenDream
Wear a tampon.
Especially if you're swimming and on a heavy flow. If you're on a light flow, I guess you won't really need it.

If you're on a heavy flow and wear no tampon in the pool, expect some blood mellow.gif.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.