Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: untitled
Forums > Community Center > Academia > Writing
tainted_heavyn
This is actually my English homework.. haha. Good? Bad? Okay?

I couldn’t believe I didn’t see it, how cold his presence was around me; maybe I was blinded by his words. I still think about him and the buried memories of us that he took with him. Every time I pass by that pond just outside of the city’s cemetery, a warming chill runs down my spine. Now, don’t think I’m crazy and weird. But it’s as if he’s still there; waiting for me. It’s been awhile since I’ve been back there, but finally on that early December morning before school, I stopped by the pond. My car was parked near by if incase I had changed my mind. The morning air was refreshing yet dead. The trees were dead too and they looked like skeletons struggling to stand against the light moving air. I walked with my head up, looking at the sky as early birds take their flight. The bench where we have always sat at was covered with frost and dead leaves. The image of us there made me turn away. I didn’t want to remember, I didn’t want the empty longing pain again. I stared down at the water, the reflecting image of my face, how it had change over a few months.
I still remember the first day when I first met “her”. She came up to me during break as I was walking towards my locker. I wasn’t prepared for what was about to take place.
“Hey your name is Lisa right?” she asked me with a blank expression on her face.
“Um.” I responded, deciding if I should say yes. “Yeah.” I paused and studied her, she now shows some interests. “Why?” I asked.
“I saw you with Josh yesterday.” She now lost interest and seems a bit mad. I was taken by this sudden fact, from a stranger.
“What’s your point? Do you know him?” I asked defending myself.
“Know him?! He’s my boyfriend.” She practically screamed at me. I backed up, shocked and confused.
“What…” I said slowly. “Who are you?” I asked, I wanted to know who I was about to become enemies with.
“I’m Dorothy, Josh and I’ve been friends, best friends since middle school and awhile back we’ve gotten together… But lately he’s been avoiding me and whenever we’re together. There seems to be someone else on his mind. Then yesterday…” her voice trailed off. She was on the edge of tears. I didn’t know what to do or what to say.
“Those things you said…” I murmured, wondering if I should tell her. He has been cold and distance to me too. He would stare off into space and whenever I called, he was to busy too talk. “You’re not the only one he’s doing this to.” I said finishing my sentence, I walked to a near by bench and sat down. She accompanied me.
“Oh… I see.” She sounded relieved or satisfied. “So what are you to him? A friend? Or…” She was saying, but I cut her off.
“I’m a close friend; I met him through another friend. It’s complicated how we met.” I lied. She now looked suspicious.
“Close? How odd, he has never spoken of you.” She wanted to hurt me, I can tell.
“Of course not, I’m just a close friend, no one important to him.” I said slowly as I broke my own heart.
I snapped back to reality and headed to school. I avoided my friends that morning, I didn’t want them to see me in this state, and my mood is better than before. But I haven’t exactly recovered from the fight. Even if my body wasn’t bruised or scratched, I felt broken in many places; I didn’t have the will to live on. The day that was supposed to be “our day” turned into a day of confrontation. I wanted to ask him about Dorothy and if possible end it then and there. I knew it was impossible.
The skies seem to have darkened as we stood there. I felt strange, like something bad was about to take place. I ignored it and continue on with the conversation. All of a sudden the sound of foot steps shook the ground. I felt my sweater being tugged on; I spun around just in time to meet the backhand of someone. Now the world has darkened, I fell down onto the damp grass. Surrounding me were shouts and chuckles. He was defending me, and she was angry that he was. Finally someone helped me up. Light filled the earth as I opened my eyes, not surprised to see who my attacker was. Her face was red and unpleasant, she was obviously in rage. I was on the edge of it.
Her back was to me, he was facing me. She must have heard me getting up because she pulled him in towards her and kissed him. I was more hurt then upset; I backed up, I wanted to runaway, but I didn’t want to leave him with her. After she loosened her grip, she turned to face me; I was ready. My fist met with her left cheek bone, she stumbled back but caught her balance. Some girls behind me grabbed both of my arms; onward she plunged, piercing my stomach. Josh leaped forward and pulled her back. I was suffering as much as she was, I felt betrayed and I was hurting physically too.
We glared at each other, still in a raged state. She somehow slipped out of his hold and charged at me. The two stupid girls that were holding me back let go, I stood still waiting for her. She jumped on me trying to bring me down onto the grass; I caught a good grasp on her shoulder and threw her to the ground. I didn’t want to continue this because we bother were deceived I turned to where he was no longer standing. Once more, he left without a good bye.
I was tired of having these flash backs, I needed to focus on my school work. I want to graduate with a 4.0, so NYU would accept me. I wanted to attend a college far away, from him, far from this. I lagged off to my first class and got through it easily. The bell rang and I started off to my next class, I hated this part of the day. Every morning between 1st and 2nd I would pass by Kelly. We all went to the same school, the three girls that were played that is. The first time
3 I met Kelly was in the arms of Josh a few days after Dorothy and I have worked out our differences and decided to end this tango once and for all.
We went to his house, only to find him embracing Kelly. As soon as I saw him, I froze. I couldn’t believe once more, he succeeded in hurting me. Dorothy’s bad side took over again, before I could blink she pins Kelly down to the couch. Josh was staring at me; I felt his guilty eyes, how heavy they were on me. I didn’t know what to say once again, I was speechless. He began to walk towards Kelly and Dorothy. He said something with the softest voice, so soft I couldn’t hear it. He then turned to me; I swear my heart was at ease for a split second, just seeing his smile, half-smile. Then I felt the cold stabbing blade of his knife in my heart. I felt my soul turning and twisting. I suppose it was obvious what was about to happen next, he caught me as I fainted and lost balance. When I woke up I was alone, the air was stuffy so I went to open the window. I was in his room, there was a note on the table; “I’m glad you’re okay, I had to go take care of some things. Stay as long as you want, if you need anything find me; like you always have. - Josh” Somehow I knew that I would never find him again. I decided to relax and watch the news. As I grabbed the remote, my heart started to beat faster. I turned on the T.V, in breaking news; there had been a major pile up. It started with a pick up truck, the driver was named Josh.
Winter
Wow that was really good. A very descriptive piece. I love the ending. very chilling.
SarahxJoy
I agree with winter. This is really good and very descriptive. I wish I could write my poems like a story. _smile.gif
Kathleen
Wow...that's a great story. It's very sad. Wait...this wasn't a poem, was it? Just a short story, right? blink.gif Based on something real? cry.gif
tainted_heavyn
Thanksss happy.gif and yes.. everything is real.. except for the ending. He didn't die.. in real life... he did in my heart..... sad.gif
idllyic-serenity
awww... cry.gif thas such a good story! hope u feel better tainted_heavyn!!

|:| sophia |:|
xxxlilazngrlxxx
WOW..very nice. good language, and the plot was great.
_WillSkate4Shoes
Awww thats so sad. But that was a great story very descriptive! but still sad. *tear*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.