Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is it wrong for a 14 year old to have sex?
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Girls' Locker
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
EmoEyelinerx
I know theirs already a topic on this but I wanted to take a poll.

**Im not saying im going to do it, im just wondering what some people think**
Intercourse.
Yea, completely. This is in my personal opinion and in no way to be taken the wrong way

But most people at 14 are really immature. I hate to say it but its true. And they are in no way mature enough to take care of a kid. I've always stuck by if your not mature enough or ready to have a kid then you shouldn't have sex, at all. And if you choose to do so out of the curiosity this world puts under some kids. Then be safe and perhaps talk to your parents about it and get on some birth control.
AngelicEyz00
Eh, it's their choice. Who am I to judge. Wrong? No. Maybe a little too young.
swishersweet
Well it depends. If she is married than no. Sex out of wedlock is yes.
alysaphobia

I voted yes.
My opinion? I cannot picture 8th graders having sex, period. Most all 14 year olds I know are just not mature enough to handle the consequences, even though they think they know what could happen. I'd hope that if one that young insisted upon having sex, they'd approach their parents and get put on the pill, at the very least...
cori-catastrophe
QUOTE(&/degradanca. @ May 18 2007, 5:55 AM) *

I voted yes.
My opinion? I cannot picture 8th graders having sex, period. Most all 14 year olds I know are just not mature enough to handle the consequences, even though they think they know what could happen. I'd hope that if one that young insisted upon having sex, they'd approach their parents and get put on the pill, at the very least...

i have lots of friends that have sex, along with alot of other things. it's really not that uncommon but i suppose i just hang out with bad kids. whistling.gif
it's their decision, but as holly said, most of them are too immature to handle a child.
xdinosaurr
i don't think its wrong. my boyfriend and i had sex a few times but we were safe & responsible.
marzipan
I think it's wrong. If you have sex when you're 14, if something bad happens, you'd be too young to handle the consequences. It is WAY too young an age to be having sex.
AngelicEyz00
I think 11 is too young cry.gif
orgasm
QUOTE(AngelicEyz00 @ May 20 2007, 3:42 PM) *
I think 11 is too young cry.gif

I think 11 is prepubescent, ergo awkward.

mellow.gif
xannurrs
i still dont think its wrong~
xodonniedarko
Having sex at 14 years old will, in my opinion, ruin your life.
stormbringer
wayy to young...
Stefanny
QUOTE(xodonniedarko @ May 21 2007, 01:03 PM) *
Having sex at 14 years old will, in my opinion, ruin your life.
Agreed. Sex is a part of life, and you can choose to have it at any time, if you're of level of maturity and understanding. But if you have it too young, then yes, it will ruin your life, like the quoted said.
eloizhere48
I would have to say that is it wrong because of course, you are too young. I should have listened to my mother. I started having sex at 14 and now [17 years old] I have a 4 month old. But I'm happy and my family is happy as well.
MyMichelle
Sex is only sex, and we're all just a bunch of animals. shrugs*

;) Depends on the 14 year old's morals and maturity. It's not up to us to determine whether he/she should be having sex or not. (The same goes for abortion and gay marriage!)
michellerrific
Yes, it's a young age but I suppose there are mature 14 year olds out there. I guess I'm not either for or against it, neutral. By now they should be aware of the consequences, and well, if it goes wrong then who's to blame?
freeflow
I think its way to young too, but if thats someone preference then go ahead.
AngelicEyz00
How exactly does it ruin your life? huh.gif
loveylovely
Yeah, just a little bit too young. I said yes.
Mercy
Do what you want.
crissyx3
I think 14 is WAAAYYY too young.
I'm 14. I dont mind the thought of it, but I just think its wrong to have sex at this age.
mylittleMiracle
Yes,absolutely.
If something unexpected happen(you figure out...),what would you do blink.gif
prepare to be a mother?
Rachel
QUOTE(AngelicEyz00 @ May 21 2007, 06:54 PM) *
How exactly does it ruin your life? huh.gif

Ya, I'd like to know this too. Because in my experience, sex has made life a lot more enjoyable thumbsup.gif .

There is no right or wrong in this question. It is all subjective and completely different for each person. Some 14 year olds are mature enough to handle a sexual relationship while some 24 year olds can't.
tokyo-rose
No. If they're mature, feel they're ready, and neither is pressuring the other then it's fine. And of course, if they use protection.
RyanWasHere
I didn't really have that hardcore of a sex drive at 14, I was eager to make out with someone, not screw them. If a 14 year old is having sex I'm taking a wild guess and saying it's not with another 14 year old, it's with someone older who is convincing them to have sex...do what you want, but make sure it's really what you want, you can't take your virginity back.
michelina0kudelka
Well, my personal opinion, even though you may THINK you're mature enough to handle the consequences of something like that at such a young age, you are probably not. I don't think that at that age you could even begin to understand what is involved with something like that and what it can do to your feelings...I'm also going under the assumption that a 14-year-old wouldn't have a one night stand while answering this
mal_err_eee
QUOTE(krn_kiddo254 @ May 18 2007, 01:28 AM) *
Well it depends. If she is married than no. Sex out of wedlock is yes.

how many fourteen year olds do you know that are married?
RyanWasHere
QUOTE(mal_err_ee @ May 25 2007, 01:33 PM) *
how many fourteen year olds do you know that are married?

I second that question blink.gif

and wedlock makes marriage sound like a prison sentence..oh wait it is laugh.gif
mal_err_eee
QUOTE(Smak7 @ May 22 2007, 03:31 PM) *
I didn't really have that hardcore of a sex drive at 14, I was eager to make out with someone, not screw them. If a 14 year old is having sex I'm taking a wild guess and saying it's not with another 14 year old, it's with someone older who is convincing them to have sex...do what you want, but make sure it's really what you want, you can't take your virginity back.

WELL PUT!

when i was fourteen - kids HAD sex, but it was because they were trashy little girls who were a bit too curious, and are still the ones that are the pit of every slut joke.
the idea of hand jobs and getting fingered was the more exciting of subjects in middle school among some of my more experienced friends
RyanWasHere
QUOTE(mal_err_ee @ May 25 2007, 01:41 PM) *
WELL PUT!

when i was fourteen - kids HAD sex, but it was because they were trashy little girls who were a bit too curious, and are still the ones that are the pit of every slut joke.
the idea of hand jobs and getting fingered was the more exciting of subjects in middle school among some of my more experienced friends

thank you, & ya the same things circulated around my middle school...I can't help but laugh when I think back...,"wtf is a clit??!?!"
trulyandnever
lol... bad in my opnion, but not wrong.
z3nn1
In my opinion yes, but it isn't wrong but need to be at the right maturity level to take on the consequences.
Jeng
Yes. YESSSSS. You little desperate [insert word here]
xburnoutx00
I think it's too young, unless you understand the consequences and are ready to deal with them. Which is pretty much repeating what everyone else is saying.

I mean, if I found out my sister was having sex, I'd probably beat her. [in a sister way ;D]
EmoEyelinerx
Ugh today my mom gave me the "sex talk" god it was horrable. She heard me telling my friend that my ex wanted to f**k me. She kept saying was all they want is your body bla bla bla wait until your married bla bla bla dont wear low cut shirts (I always do)it gives them the wrong idea.
fathomlessdame
yeah, i believe 14 is wayy to young cuz what if you got pregnant? i dont know about you but everyone i know, myself included, would not ever be able to take care of a child at such a young age.

besides... i've seen several of my friends go through the, 'i had sex and forgot to use protection. what if i'm pregnant????' trust me, this is not something anyone wants to go through. and my friends were 15/16/17 when they were going through it..one was scared shitless twice!

its not a good burden for a 14 yr old to bear
victoria_huynh
yes it is wrong to have sex exspecially if ur 14..im 14 i hav pressure goin through me...but thy r not gonna get wat thy want...think of it miserable life ur bf or w/e leaves u n stuff...people tlkin..n its in the bible....-.- buh im juss sayin .....
AussieGirl
It's ok
Jinny
There isn't really a right or wrong answer to this question, it's what you think.

I, personally, think it's wrong for a 14 year old.
brokenxwingsx
It depends on maturity level. In some cases, even 18 could be too young if you don't have a good head on your shoulders.

Mostly, 14-year-olds can be quite immature, and don't understand the consequences, but if one is aware of them, it's fine.
LennonLime
yeah. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too young, in my opinion. You have you're whole life ahead of you, and you want to risk throwing it all away....at 14!???
Kaytay
yes. I'm 14 and i am in no way ready to take care of a kid. I wanna have fun and enjoy life before i get knocked up mellow.gif
fagget
Ugh today my mom gave me the "sex talk" god it was horrable. She heard me telling my friend that my ex wanted to f**k me. She kept saying was all they want is your body bla bla bla wait until your married bla bla bla dont wear low cut shirts (I always do)it gives them the wrong idea.

OMG IT'S SO HORRABLE.
HORRABLE.
Gypsy Eyes
QUOTE(Rachelislove @ May 22 2007, 02:37 PM) *
Ya, I'd like to know this too. Because in my experience, sex has made life a lot more enjoyable thumbsup.gif .

So that just made me loool.gif

As long as it's safe and you've are comfortable enough with the other person about the consequences it's fine. If you have to ask our opinion, then chances are you aren't ready.

And to anyone who stated so in this topic, having sex at fourteen does not make you a slut.
itsnever4ever
i know a girl who had sex in 8th grade and then she broke up with her bf in 9th grade, and they never talk to eachother, the guy hates her and he talk bad about her behind her back like everyday, oh and they're in 10th grade now

i just don't think people at the age of 14 are mature enough to make that kind of commitment
Rachel
QUOTE(Gypsy Eyes @ Jun 2 2007, 04:16 PM) *
So that just made me loool.gif

throb.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE(itsnever4ever @ Jun 3 2007, 12:39 AM) *
i know a girl who had sex in 8th grade and then she broke up with her bf in 9th grade, and they never talk to eachother, the guy hates her and he talk bad about her behind her back like everyday, oh and they're in 10th grade now

Oh how I miss high school.
iDecay
^ Kekeke. High School. XD.gif

I can care less at what age a person has sex. I wouldn't do it myself, but eh. As long as they're protected, I guess.
Malibuu
Not if you're ready to step up and handle the consequences of possibly having a child. Most aren't ready- so my answer would be NO they are NOT ready.
momo9041
Dont have sex until your married. It'll save you alot of guilt. my mother would know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.