Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slow Food at McD's
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Food
katieann1
So, I went to mcDonalds the other day and it was like I was at In-n-Out without the great burger when i got my food. I had to wait for so long to get my meal - it was ridiculous! Then to top it off it was wrong! I don't normally eat at McD's - I'm an In-n-Out girl. Is it normal to wait this long???? It was like 10 min . . .
WHIMSICAL 0NE
Maybe it's because they were making more food shrug.gif
HakunaMatata
Ten minutes doesn't seem very long to me. shrug.gif
Monochrome.
Well what did you order?
Detective
Yeah i had that once. I was stuck waiting for 20 minutes just sitting there for my big mac. So i go up to find out whats going on and to find out there completely forgot about my order.
katieann1
i just ordered a kids meal - that's what I always get
JimmyBoy26
That seems kinda long to wait for a kid's meal - how old are you? My friend filmed this little video at McDonalds - it's pretty funny & is exactly the kind of thing you are talking about . . . . check it out & tell me what you think
Link removed for advertising. Please PM me if you have any concerns.
-- Arjuna
Monochrome.
Well then they must have been really really busy that day.
sprezzatura
In my opinion, usually In-n-Out takes longer because the food is made fresh. On the other hand, McDonald's food is ready and it's pretty fast for me. Sometimes In-n-Out makes me impatient because there is a huge line (like 10 cars) at the drive thru and the front is filled with like 20 something orders.
Just_Dream
OMG I would NEVER eat anything at McDonald's except for the Parfait and the fries. And they often take a while to give me the food, ONLY because the McDonald's I go to is located at a very busy and trendy mall. sweating.gif

One time, these little girls and their mothers were ordering food (they were fighting about what to order and the little girls were soooo annoying and rude!) at McDonald's and I was on a 15 minute break, and stood there for 10 minutes while they ordered! Finally they were done and the girl at the cashier gave me FREE FRIES, since that's all I ordered, because she knew I was waiting so long just to order!

I was pretty pissed because those girls were whining and shouting, even their mothers looked embarrassed! They looked like they just came back from some cheerleading/dance competition, since they had pom-poms.

THANK GOD I quit working at that mall and now I stopped eating at McD's. Yea I usually frequent In-and-Out and Wendy's. <333 SCREW MCDONALD'S!
alysaphobia

Normally, if I don't count the time I wait in the line, it takes like 5 minutes or less.
I guess McD's was pretty busy that day?
bigitchbay
Maybe they had a some malfuntion of some sort o_________o'
synthase
haha I don't go to McDonald's anymore pinch.gif
But I always order onion rings or ice cream
which doesn't take all that long..
cori-catastrophe
my chorus and i went to contest and we decided to eat at a mcdonald's. it was a mistake.
there weren't that many of us and there was no one else in the resturaunt. i swear that my friends and i had to wait for around fourty five minuites for our food. all i ordered was a medium fry and a mcflurry. it was ridiculous.
and what was so bad about it was that they had around ten workers behind the counter, and only about three of them were doing anything productive.
the others were talking exept for one, whom who playing games on her cellphone. and that was with all of us standing in line. stubborn.gif
tokyo-rose
Oy. So much for fast food.
Monochrome.
Well,Theres always Jack in the box.
yrrnotelekktric
maybe they were busy dunking it in the lard tub they keep in the back.
Duchess of Dork
QUOTE(Just_Dream @ Apr 26 2007, 10:19 PM) *
OMG I would NEVER eat anything at McDonald's except for the Parfait and the fries. And they often take a while to give me the food, ONLY because the McDonald's I go to is located at a very busy and trendy mall. sweating.gif

One time, these little girls and their mothers were ordering food (they were fighting about what to order and the little girls were soooo annoying and rude!) at McDonald's and I was on a 15 minute break, and stood there for 10 minutes while they ordered! Finally they were done and the girl at the cashier gave me FREE FRIES, since that's all I ordered, because she knew I was waiting so long just to order!

I was pretty pissed because those girls were whining and shouting, even their mothers looked embarrassed! They looked like they just came back from some cheerleading/dance competition, since they had pom-poms.

THANK GOD I quit working at that mall and now I stopped eating at McD's. Yea I usually frequent In-and-Out and Wendy's. <333 SCREW MCDONALD'S!

I SOOOO miss In-and-Out. I don't like McDonalds at all but my son loves it. They definitely make his favorite chicken nuggets. I'd be mortified if he threw a fit like that and made people wait that long. Luckily he always gets the same thing. :]

I wish people would let others go in front if they can't make up their mind.

I would just leave if it took that long. It's one thing to wait that long for In-and-Out, but McDonalds? No effing way.
YourSuperior
I've only been in that type of predicament a few times. The worst time was when it was really hot one day after school last year, and I had to wait atleast twenty-five minutes for my five because the lady in front of me had like eight people with her and she couldn't figure out what all of them wanted.
PuppyChan
The solution is to not go to McDonalds >yuck<..... only ever go there if you are absolutely starving, and there's nowhere else to eat for miles. XD.gif
DarkImpressions
I hate when they ask you to pull up.
Im like ITS A DRIVE THROUGH.
BrokenDream
QUOTE(designingskills @ Apr 26 2007, 07:39 PM) *
Yeah i had that once. I was stuck waiting for 20 minutes just sitting there for my big mac. So i go up to find out whats going on and to find out there completely forgot about my order.

Yesss. That happened to me before. Hah, my mom was pretty pissed off.

10 mins is long to me, especially if I'm super STARVING.
laxumaster8
well, in maryland, there is no in-and-out place...i dont eat really at McD's cause the food is really bad for u (i used to be overweight and i dont wanna go back)
IVIike
I hate when that happens laugh.gif
z3nn1
QUOTE(katieann1 @ Apr 27 2007, 01:16 AM) *
So, I went to mcDonalds the other day and it was like I was at In-n-Out without the great burger when i got my food. I had to wait for so long to get my meal - it was ridiculous! Then to top it off it was wrong! I don't normally eat at McD's - I'm an In-n-Out girl. Is it normal to wait this long???? It was like 10 min . . .

Mc D food SUCKS how can you eat that stuff?
steve330
the nerve!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.