Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Expiration dates
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Food
danifibble
-
WHIMSICAL 0NE
Oh yeah, there's that topic about something having two expiration dates.

A lot of times it depends on what it is, but I usually always check (the things that have expiration dates) before I open it or eat it. Some people in my house like to be tricky like that. Or else they'll check and see it's pasted the date and just put it back.
michellerrific
Yesss i always check the dates! If it's like, only one or two days old it's usually fine and I'll still eat it. But i'm not one to eat anything i see.
Duchess of Dork
QUOTE(brownsugar @ Apr 24 2007, 9:56 PM) *
But if it's a dairy product you best believe I'll be following those expiration dates like it's the bible or something

For sure. My mom debates this with me all the time. She says that the expiration date is actually the sell-by date. I honestly don't care. I'm going by the date on the carton.
StanleyThePanda
If it smells bad, or looks gross, I'll check the date.
Or if its stale (like chips, crackers, etc).
But I never eat anything if its expired, unless I dont know that it is.

I once got a coke out of a machine at school, I was drinking it and was like "Dang, this tastes funny". It was almost a year old. sick.gif it was sooo gross.
I only drank a little, but still got a bad tummy ache from it. And I threw the rest away.
oRe0_c00KiE_cAkE
i always check the expiration dates on food....i dont want to eat something gross and old XD.gif

...especially for dairy products
synthase
I always forget about the dates..ermm.gif
But I usually check for milk because that can cause a rumble pinch.gif
but if it is chips..It can last longer than some other products
jue
I never check the dates, except for milk. Last time at my friends house, he gave us parmesan cheese that was like expired back in 2005. I have so much expired stuff in my fridge. I think I still have cream cheese thats like a month expired and some peanut butter that I've had for years. But then again, the peanut butter still tastes good >_>
alysaphobia

I'm super anal about it.
I refuse to eat ANYTHING that's past expiration... especially dairy products.
breakingdawn
I wont even eat anything that expires the next day.

I've had too many bad dairy products to even take a chance.
marzipan
Yeah, I'm pretty "obsessive" about that type of thing. Especially with dairy products. lol. And my mom is too. We're always arguing in the grocery store about which one to buy. >_>
cori-catastrophe
i look at everything on the package of a food before i eat it. the expiration date, the ingrediants(sp?), the calories, ect.
it's ocd. ughh.
katssso
Most recently I started to be aware of expiration dates...
stephinika
I usually check, but stuff in my house runs out way before the date usually so I haven't run into that problem before.
steve330
Yeah the stuff that sits in my house usually is canned or has a really long exp date. The stuff that can perish usually goes quickly i.e. milk, juice, eggs, chips/crackers
PuppyChan
I'm always checking the expiration dates on things.

However, I don't really bother when it comes to certain things like chocolate. I mean, when the choclote has even gone white....it's still edible. (I haven't actually eaten it when it's been like this blink.gif ....but you do learn alot of life skills from your grandparents rofl1.gif )
gelionie
I once ate a piece of bread that "expired" for a week.
It still looked good, that means no bread mould or anything on it. sick.gif
datass
^hahaha winnie, thats sorta nasty.

i never eat things that are expired, i accidently ate this chewing gum and it was all flaky and old, it was expired back in 2004. sick.gif sick.gif
DarkImpressions
Lol..
It depends what it is.
Like milk thats getting thrown away because you can get really sick from that stuff.
But usually I just throw most of it away.
BrokenDream
I always check the dates...
I drank sour milk because I didn't check the date on it! blink.gif Haha, I was stupid.

So basically, yeah, I check em, always.
danifibble
even if it's past the sell by date i'm scared to eat it
HelloSunshine
I only check my friend's milk expiration dates. I don't order milk at m school. They've given expired milk on more than one occasion. It's disgusting.
laxumaster8
i usually dont check it that often unless the food is a color it isnt supposed to be
helloxtine
haha. ima cheapo. if my mom says it's old i look at the date then i look if it looks spoiled. then if it looks ok and smells ok. i eat it ;D
voguelove
i have a friend who does that. hahaha.

if its dairy, then im not going to eat it past the expiration date. well, except milk. i can still drink it as long as its not more than 3 days.
technics
I have a bad habit of checking the expiration date on basically everything I eat. ):
foxx
^ same
x__x
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.